PDA

View Full Version : Independence Pass to Glenwood Springs

Bueller
Sat Jul 2nd, 2005, 03:26 PM
I always run this loop on the 4th. Last year I posted this and 4 or 5 people started the ride but I was the only one who made the loop. It turns out to be 450mi. ride so I don't expect there will be too many that will be interested, but I thought I would throw it up. I will be at the Morrison Conoco at 7:00am and on the road by 7:15. Bring Rain gear as there is usually showers somewhere along the route. :D

Mista Black
Sat Jul 2nd, 2005, 11:29 PM
i have no money.... i have no job.... i'll be there :D

Bueller
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 06:34 AM
oh shit.... I mean cool see ya there. I thought you might be interested.

King Nothing
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:45 AM
I have no balls.

Kristian
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 09:14 AM
Just did the loop last weekend, and would love to go today...but I re-broke the colar bone last week! aargh

Bueller
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 09:16 AM
I re-broke the colar bone last week! aargh

How'd you do that? On a bike?

Kristian
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 09:40 AM
Believe it or not, playing golf! At least it was on the 18th hole.

Mista Black
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 10:12 AM
I have no balls.

then you can feel no pain... get your ass up and to the conoco...

-PUCK-
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 11:35 AM
How long does it take to do this loop?

Mista Black
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 11:40 AM
it's 450 miles... if i had to take a guess... 8 or 9 hours anyway. though the return trip is all interstate (but twisty interstate mostly) so maybe less. depends on how much stopping we do (which bueller isnt known for :P )

Bueller
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 12:31 PM
It takes awhile to get through Aspen cause they are pretty busy on the 4th and on the way back there is the option of doing Loveland pass which I plan on unless weather is a problem and since I-70 is always a parking lot we'll be cutting over Squaw Pass, so the twistie action will be covered :D

King Nothing
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 01:51 PM
at least the cops won't know you route. :roll:

:P

Bueller
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 01:57 PM
Oh yeah, I am sure they will set up a stake out some where on the published route, and wait for an undetermined period of time for a couple of desperados on under powered bikes that may or may not be speeding. :roll:
They better get us on a downhill with the wind to our backs. :idea:
Oh shit did I give too much info again? Damnit! :banghead:

King Nothing
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 02:06 PM
you never learn. Now they know that you're gonna have to go downhill sometime. You're hosed.

JoeCode
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:20 PM
Add one more 'underpowered' sport-touring bike to your group. I'll have to leave the Springs around 5:30, but it'll be nice to finally put a face to the names.

ImolaFem
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:58 PM
I just rode independance pass last weekend. We went over it on Sunday around 2 pm and there was freezing rain coming down (ice in the rain and some on the road).

Personally, the road east of independance pass is HORRIBLE and no fun to ride even if its dry. The road to Carbondale from Aspen is boring. So I would recommend skipping independance pass altogether, head west on 50 to 92 to 133. Those are some fun roads...then just take 70 home!

On 92 you might run into some free range cattle which is always interesting :P

Nick_Ninja
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:28 PM
I was up there this afternoon. It was snowing :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/BRV005.jpg

-PUCK-
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:32 PM
Sounds like a group of us from the Springs will definitely be meeting up with you at Conoco in the morn. 8)

Bueller
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 09:18 PM
Ok, everyone that is planning on going *please* be on time because this is a long ass ride so daylight is very important, and remember to bring rain gear!
I have been following the weather and it doesn't look like it should be a problem, they are calling for a slight chance of T-storms but you can almost be guaranteed to run into some moisture, might not be bad enough to require gear, but being wet is no fun.

I just rode independance pass last weekend. We went over it on Sunday around 2 pm and there was freezing rain coming down (ice in the rain and some on the road).

Personally, the road east of independance pass is HORRIBLE and no fun to ride even if its dry. The road to Carbondale from Aspen is boring. So I would recommend skipping independance pass altogether, head west on 50 to 92 to 133. Those are some fun roads...then just take 70 home!

On 92 you might run into some free range cattle which is always interesting :P

Thanks for the suggestion but the whole point is Independence Pass on Independence Day :idea:
There is no arm twisting, everyone is free to do any route they please, it's just a ride I do once a year and I thought I would put the invite up.

R1chie
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Did AirAssault make it back ok? He fixed his flat and I wondered if it held up back to his house.

AirAssault
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Did AirAssault make it back ok? He fixed his flat and I wondered if it held up back to his house.

Thanks for the help R1ch, I made it home just fine. Sorry to hold you up like that. The plug held with no problem, guess it's really time for a new tire now :lol: Hope every one made it home safe and it was a sweet ride while it lasted.

Mista Black
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 07:52 PM
glad to hear you made it home air assult. and you 3 from the springs who split at hwy 9...

we had a great ride. dave, joe, bueller and myself continued from fairplay over to buena vista for a fuel stop then over independence pass. we stopped for some subway a little before carbondale then pressed on to glenwood springs for "cheaper" gas. down i-70 to frisco and more gas then over loveland pass back to i-70. turned off at idaho springs and went up to echo lake and over squaw pass then back to morrison.

it was a nice ride :yes:

what was the total mileage bueller??

Bueller
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Right around 400mi. from Morrison to Morrison. I had 445 from my house.
Nice ride, some good roads, no tickets :up: All in all a pretty good day. I just hope Dave didn't do permanent damage to Jeff’s' head with the ego massage. :lol:

JOE!!!!!!
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 09:02 PM
A picture is always proof positive

Caption:
Dave: "Jeff, you're riding skills are awesome!"
Jeff: "But of course."
Bueller: "Joe, get a picture of this ."

Bueller
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 09:09 PM
:pointlaugh: :spit:
I am the best lookin' badest ass street rider you'll ever see! I'm Mista Black Bitches!

Mista Black
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 10:02 PM
DAMN SKIPPY!! :D

Dave
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 10:09 PM
:lol:
Today’s ride Rocked! Bueller, Jeff, and Joe, you guys humbled me greatly…very talented group!

It was definitely cool to watch a heavy shaft drive sport touring Beemer, with a half blind rider carrying enough tools on board to do a tune up, nearly dragging parts of the bike in the corners trying to keep up with Bueller…That’s what I call entertainment.

I logged 544 miles round trip from my home…When’s the next ride?

Mista Black
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 10:16 PM
trying to keep up with bueller?? TRYING!!??!!

:roll:

Bueller
Tue Jul 5th, 2005, 10:36 AM
trying to keep up with bueller?? TRYING!!??!!

:roll:
Well, unfortunately it does look as though there has been some damage, hopefully it is not permanent.

Mista Black
Tue Jul 5th, 2005, 11:01 AM
:pointlaugh:

-PUCK-
Tue Jul 5th, 2005, 10:48 PM
:lol: Nice......glad to meet some new faces on the ride yesterday. Maybe next time I wont have to split early. Fun ride for me anyhow. :up:

denverbusa
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 11:17 PM
So...Bueller

You doing this ride again this year?

Wasn't till I got down a few posts that I realized this was from last year.

Mista Black
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 03:39 AM
yeah, i'm down but tuesday is not that good for me... wednesday would be far better!! what's is gonna be dave?

Bueller
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Don't think I'll be doing it this year, the Buell is in race trim and the Tard would be rough to ride for that distance, and speed :P

denverbusa
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Wednesday might be better for you but its not "Independence Day." :lol:

Should we pick up the slack for Bueller and plan on meeting for the ride? Still MIGHT be fun even if Bueller can't go.

Mista Black
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Don't think I'll be doing it this year, the Buell is in race trim and the Tard would be rough to ride for that distance, and speed :P

I'd be happy to see if my dad would let you borrow a beemer....

:lol: (seriously though i will)

Bueller
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 03:37 PM

I'd be happy to see if my dad would let you borrow a beemer....

:lol: (seriously though i will)

Does it have draggin' bags? :D

Mista Black
Tue Jun 13th, 2006, 01:21 PM
dont they all :?