PDA

View Full Version : '06 ZX-10R

Canuck
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:50 PM
Enjoy.........

190hp, click here (http://k_miya.blogcoara.jp/k_miya/2005/07/zx10r2006_14df.html)

Brizz
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:52 PM
I think thats the bike for me...Well. not that color.

Feathered upstart!
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:55 PM
Thats pretty cool that they are making the R1 on green for 06 :idea:

Canuck
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the undertail exhaust. It's more of a fad at this time.
Now don't compare to the R1. Hell, you are looking at getting the Zed Xer, from what I hear.

Feathered upstart!
Sun Jul 3rd, 2005, 09:34 PM
Now where would you hear a silly rumor like that? :lol:

BTW< call it a Zed again and I split you in half :guns: :lol: But seriously, dont :evil:

~Barn~
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the undertail exhaust. It's more of a fad at this time.

I disagree with the fad thing. The manufs that have switched to undertail exhausts for particular models won't be changing back to side-mount anytime soon. If they do, they might as well go back to analog speedos while they're at it.

~Barn~
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 12:27 AM
And oh yeah, as far a the look of the bike, I do like the exhaust. I guess that makes sense, since it looks like an R1's. (good call Notto).

The blinkers also look pretty cool, but we'll see if they can actually make themselves DOT spec, and make their way stateside.

I don't think the fairing don't really do much for it though. The mid looks like a clunky 5-sided piece of plastic, with "cuts" in it as a last ditch style attempt. And the lower is pretty bland too. The slash looks like it was just put there, to match the "X" cut in the mid, and the headers are exposed, since there is not "inner" fairing, between the lowers.

I think it just kind looks unfinished, as is.

http://k_miya.blogcoara.jp/k_miya/images/zx10r_2006_thumb.jpg

Then again, I'm sure the engine is gonna be a daddy, and I like the trick ZX10 parts that Kwak puts on. Either way, I think they could do better, looks wise. Maybe they should take a few more styling cues from the tuningfork folks. :D

ebazyl
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 12:44 AM
:drool: sexy, but I don't know if I buy the 190HP number...

Thats probably at the crack with 14 psi of boost (like Yami got their 180 HP from an R1).

R1chie
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 01:05 AM
Routing under the seat allows for a better location for the catalytic converter which all bikes will eventually get.

Since we are talking about rumors, rumor has it Yamaha will have a new redesign for the motor and will be the first stock production liter bike to produce over 200 hp at the crank. Gone is the Fs-up exhaust valve system, the engine will lay flatter to lower center of gravity. The new vortex intake system that will increase compression with a type of slight boost. The new injections system will be similar to a diesel engine and shoot gasoline directly into the piston dome chamber. Also the race bikes (not the production ones) next year will lose the entire front fork assembly in favor of a new sliding reciprocal mass driver mono cantilever design which is lighter design and help prevent diving into turns. The new transmission will be 7 speed using a cyclonic tri-star shaft mechanism built into a cartridge style transmission that allows easy user change of the gears (prototype for production units) . The new electronic ignition will include nuvial dampers which when adjusted with a hydro spaner will allow greater than 1.3 jiga watts from the flux capacitor and allow the R1 to lower its quarter mile speed by a full second by short minor shifts in the space time continuum.

Suzuki, Honda, and even the Kawasaki will have a difficult time beating the new R1. We will have to wait till later to see what it looks like but future for Yamaha sportbikes is looking back to the future..

Mel
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 01:10 AM
:drool: Me Likey green bike!! Me likey green bike!
It does kinda look Yamaha from the front though (although a lot of the bikes have silimarities to one another).

Jenny
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 11:29 AM
The new electronic ignition will include nuvial dampers which when adjusted with a hydro spaner will allow greater than 1.3 jiga watts from the flux capacitor and allow the R1 to lower its quarter mile speed by a full second by short minor shifts in the space time continuum.

:lol:

1.21 JIGA WATTS!!!

Stuart Little
Mon Jul 4th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Got mine in mexico already...maybe.... ZED!