PDA

View Full Version : It's Totalled, Nevermind.

DemonRider
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 09:43 AM
They Totalled it out, Nevermind, thanks anyway.

#1Townie
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM
really? was there some damage that you couldnt see? i know the control arm and some of that but that wouldnt even come out to a grand. that sucks man im sorry.

grim
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Try and buy it back

DemonRider
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Ya, the Frame is bent to hell, radiator was snapped in half, engine block was no longer attached, axel was snapped, strut was jacked over then there was the minimal body damage. Strange how that works. He stopped at 5000.00 in damage then said it would be totaled.

It is a 2002 Hyundai Elantra GT. had 105,000 miles.

#1Townie
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 02:27 PM
damn that sucks bro. not sure what you will be looking for but i have a 07 impala i will be selling off my yard soon.

DemonRider
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 03:00 PM
PM pics and Details , ill have Nikki take a look

#1Townie
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 03:02 PM
ok

~Barn~
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Buy that sucker back!

DemonRider
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Why?

grim
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Why?

You can usually buy back totaled vehicles pretty cheap then all you have to do is take the time to fix it.

~Barn~
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 03:37 PM
If it's still more-or-less "salvageable", you can get your insurance money for it, but then also buy it back at a super steep discount.

Titus
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 05:36 PM
If it's still more-or-less "salvageable", you can get your insurance money for it, but then also buy it back at a super steep discount.

Or use the insurance payout to buy another vehicle that wasn't totaled then repaired and then you won't have a car with a salvage title.

Dealing with insurance is always a pita...best of luck.

Wrider
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 10:32 PM
You can usually buy back totaled vehicles pretty cheap then all you have to do is take the time to fix it.

Ummm, read what he said again...

Bent frame, engine no longer attached, axle broken... All of that is gonna be more than a 2002 Hyundai is worth by a long shot. Not worth buying it back unless you have room to let it sit while you part out the good pieces.

AOK303
Thu Mar 8th, 2012, 10:51 PM
I agree with wrider, unless you have a good mechanic that will do the repairs for dirt cheap, the repair needed is more then an insurance check would be.

Even parting this car out i dont think you would get close to 1/3 the price worth doing

Alot of my friends run parts yards and this is the type of car they would buy for maybe 500$ in the conditions stated from an insurance lot

DemonRider
Fri Mar 9th, 2012, 09:36 AM
It don't look as bad as they said for sure! I just went to grab everything out of it. I'll post pics of it later today.

Aphrodite
Fri Mar 9th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Where was it at a tow lot somewhere or insurance company?
Yeah I dont think I want to deal with cars and repairing wrecks, especially if the engine is no longer attached and if minimal body damage. Something wrong with that picture on it if pre-accident strength loosing the motor in an accident. All the cars I am familiar with whatever knocked a motor out of the car was easily looked at and it was a given it was totaled. Tis weird how it works, with these new crumple zones.