PDA

View Full Version : gas at hpr

sag
Sat Mar 10th, 2012, 11:09 PM
planning my first trip to hpr on the 24th and was wondering how much gas one would expect to go through? ill be on a zx6rr and was planning on a full tank and 5 gal jug being enough?

Cornfed
Sun Mar 11th, 2012, 06:34 AM
That should be about right. That's usually what I take for my 1000 and I run out of gas before the bike does.

Zach929rr
Sun Mar 11th, 2012, 09:07 AM
That should be about right. That's usually what I take for my 1000 and I run out of gas before the bike does.

I agree with this. I think, at most, most average guys will only need a couple gallons of backup just in case.

Bueller
Sun Mar 11th, 2012, 10:07 AM
None of the recent lapping days has had enough sign ups to make it happen, including yesterday. I want to do either the 18th or the 24th but we have to have enough signups. And yes 5 gals should get you through, There is race gas at the track available if you get desperate.

sag
Sun Mar 11th, 2012, 04:56 PM
ah shit i thought people would be jumpin at the bit. i wont be be able to have my bike back together by the 18th so im for sure signing up the 24th

MilkMan
Wed Mar 14th, 2012, 02:38 AM
I would love to sign up for the 24th, but dont have a full set of 1pc leathers.. I have 2 piece, but they only zip together at the back and not all the way around.. Have everything else to race just not the correct zipper lol! Sucks because winter pricing is awesome!!
-Mick-

Zach929rr
Wed Mar 14th, 2012, 03:14 AM
I would love to sign up for the 24th, but dont have a full set of 1pc leathers.. I have 2 piece, but they only zip together at the back and not all the way around.. Have everything else to race just not the correct zipper lol! Sucks because winter pricing is awesome!!
-Mick-

Fyi most leather places can put in a 360 for p cheap. I had carleens in golden do it for my mismatched pants and jacket.

MilkMan
Thu Mar 15th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the info Zach! Might have to hit a few places up and see what they can do!
-Mick-