PDA

View Full Version : Give Me Your Old Cell / PC / Monitor / Printer!

Zach929rr
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 09:14 AM
This semester I'm in a project management class and as such, we have designed a project of our own choice to manage. My team decided to try to put together an "old tech" donation drive in partnership with Best Buy. Alas, Best Buy didn't want to do anything different than the little recycle bins they already have in stores, so we have been forced to come up with something different.

This is where you guys come in! If your company has any old tech that they would like to get rid of, our team would be more than happy to take it. This includes old cell phones, PCs, laptops, monitors (CRT or LCD), and printers.

Where would all of this be going you might ask?

Cell phones will go to the Battered Women's Shelter program. This program gives old phones (all cells can dial 911 without a service provider) to women that are/have been victims of domestic violence. They are a national program but have a location right here in Denver.
All of the PC related stuff will be going to the George Washington HS STEM program. The high school staffs 25 students in this program to take in donated technology, make sure it works, clean it up, and sends it right back into our local community for those in need.
Anything that STEM isn't able to work with will go directly to our local-area Goodwills

So, if you have any of the above, feel free to contact me via PM or email me at shellcomplex at gmail dot com

Cut-off for this will be somewhere around the middle-end of April so that our team can prepare our project close-out.

Thanks!

t_jolt
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Zach how big do you want to make this project?
Cause if you call companies, recycling companys charge out the ass. you'll probably get a pretty big payout.

Tyrell

Zach929rr
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM
At this point, I'm only limited by the amount of storage space I will have. The STEM program could handle quite a bit and I reckon Goodwill has enough capacity to handle whatever is left over.

Our stated project goal is 100 lbs of donated equipment however we are prepared to go beyond that if the balls rolls pretty fast.

If you have any contacts feel free to pass them on to me as well. I would appreciate it.

JonnyD
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 10:40 AM
100lbs isn't much! Unless you're talking only cell phones... Let me ask the boss but I'm sure I could get that to you in one pickup of older PC towers that work, maybe even a few LCD screens.

vort3xr6
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I have a mint copy of Windows 95.

I also have a barely used Palm Vx.

~Barn~
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I'll have some stuff for you Zach. I'll PM later when I get home from work to see what's what.

sloridr
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Zach im in need.... Sounds like an interesting project. Good on you. .......of RAM.

Nooch
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I actually have 2 old cell phones you could have. PM me when you get a chance to arrange pickup.

Contributing...yeah! :headbang:

Lomax
Wed Mar 14th, 2012, 05:50 AM
I have a old PC tower with keyboard and mouse you can have. I also have an old 21" monitor. The PC does not work BTW:

I am up in Westminster.

PM me for a pickup time.

Marc

Zach929rr
Wed Mar 14th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Bump.

I'll be getting in touch with you posters shortly to try to arrange pickup of your donations.

If you work for a company, PLEASE contact your IT department and see if they have anything they would be willing to donate. I would be more than happy to sign an affidavit stating that any of the donations (such as CRT monitors) will NOT end up in a landfill under my watch.

Thanks!

teamhypoxia
Wed Mar 14th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Big CRT that will fill half of your 100lb quota in one shot.

TorchRedCorvette
Wed Mar 14th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Zach,

I work for a small LE agency, and we have a pile of stuff to get rid of!
PCs, monitors, printers,office phones, even a copier or two.

The biggest issue is that it's out in Morgan County. We've been talking about hauling it to Boulder to the recyclers, but if you want any of it, you're welcome to it. Let me know.

Mel

TurboGizzmo
Wed Mar 14th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Dang just trashed all this....(aka recycled free via Goodwill)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427607_10150648508543119_776338118_8849113_1899627 379_n.jpg

Might have some more, will have to check.

Zach929rr
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Bumpity bumps.

Working on sending out individual PMs to everyone right now. I am tentatively planning on doing pickups during this week since I'm on Spring Break.

UglyDogRacing
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I have an old monitor and tower I can give you.

~Barn~
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 12:56 PM
PM replied with a couple questions, Zach.

Jason ON
Mon Mar 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I may have a few things to donate as well, once I get back to Denver.

DFab
Mon Mar 26th, 2012, 02:35 PM
I've got at least 6 desktops and a crt if you're still picking stuff up.

Bueller
Mon Mar 26th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I have an all in one printer if you are out this way

Zach929rr
Mon Mar 26th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Bueller: I'll be out in Aurora tomorrow night between 6:30 and 7:30 pickup up stuff from Barn and Nooch. PM me your address and I'll hit you up while I'm out there.

DFab: Do you ever get any closer to Denver than Superior? If not, I may just try to lump in a pickup with you as soon as I hear from Torch Red.

Jason: Let me know.

mastap07
Tue Mar 27th, 2012, 01:23 PM
still waiting on a call!

its all good, i also have other people that have phones as well if you need them!

DFab
Tue Mar 27th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Bueller: I'll be out in Aurora tomorrow night between 6:30 and 7:30 pickup up stuff from Barn and Nooch. PM me your address and I'll hit you up while I'm out there.

DFab: Do you ever get any closer to Denver than Superior? If not, I may just try to lump in a pickup with you as soon as I hear from Torch Red.

Jason: Let me know.

The pick up would be in Boulder, at my office.

JonnyD
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 09:23 AM
So after hounding the bosses all last week and this one I wasn't able to get you any donated equipment from the company =( Hope you got enough otherwise for the project!

Zach929rr
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 11:19 AM
still waiting on a call!

its all good, i also have other people that have phones as well if you need them!

Thought you were going to call me, holmes!

Slo
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I've got a regular old school monitor to donate if needed, the huge types....

mastap07
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:16 AM
Thought you were going to call me, holmes!

i would but thats why i gave you my number not to mention you stating this....Sure thing! I'll plan on giving you a ring around 10 tomorrow to set something up.

Thanks James ;)