PDA

View Full Version : Know/used a LANDSCAPER?

aerofaze
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Looking for a landscaping business to pretty much overhaul my entire yard. I started Googling, and there are quite a few in the COSprings area, but I can't seem to find as many testimonials.

So, I'm looking for recommendations and/or reviews if you've used or know someone.

Thanks in advance!
Sarah

3D
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Looking for a landscaping business to pretty much overhaul my entire yard. I started Googling, and there are quite a few in the COSprings area, but I can't seem to find as many testimonials.

So, I'm looking for recommendations and/or reviews if you've used or know someone.

Thanks in advance!
Sarah

I need one as well. My yard looks like an Arizona landscape.... Dust tornadoes and everything.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I used to be a landscaper. The way my job search is going, maybe I should get back into it...

Suki
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Sarah, my brother in law is a landscaper. Call/txt Michael Johnson at 303-968-5622 or email at ugomj @ hotmail.com

He's been in the biz for 20+ yrs. Tell him his sister Kristina Rice sent you. :)

aerofaze
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Sarah, my brother in law is a landscaper. Call/txt Michael Johnson at 303-968-5622 or email at ugomj @ hotmail.com

He's been in the biz for 20+ yrs. Tell him his sister Kristina Rice sent you. :)

Thanks, Suki! Would he be willing to come down to Colorado Springs, though? (Basing my comment on his 303 area code...)

Suki
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Oh, lol! I didn't see your location. you could always call/txt him and ask. It's slow right now so he might. We're on the south end of town so the springs isn't too far.

birchyboy
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Threadjack - I'm going to call Suki's brother-in-law for my yard :-)

Suki
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 01:51 PM
LOL, omg I'm such an ass! Okay well I don't frequent CSC much and I just hit "new posts" when I do, so I apologize that I didn't see this was posted in the south forum.

You're all welcome to contact him anyways, I just got off the phone with him to let him know and depending on the job (he most likely won't go out there to cut a limb off a tree) the Springs is not too far.

So happy landscaping! lol

Ghosty
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 01:54 PM

Thanks Kristina, I might need one in Denver too once I get my deck built. Right now searching for a deck builder up here in Denver Metro area...

aerofaze
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 01:55 PM
LOL, omg I'm such an ass! Okay well I don't frequent CSC much and I just hit "new posts" when I do, so I apologize that I didn't see this was posted in the south forum.

You're all welcome to contact him anyways, I just got off the phone with him to let him know and depending on the job (he most likely won't go out there to cut a limb off a tree) the Springs is not too far.

So happy landscaping! lol

Info was appreciated just the same. :D

jrhurt
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I got my whole yard and a giant patio done by Erik at Weston over the fall. Ended up being the best yard in my neighborhood and much much nicer than I ever anticipated. Let me know if you want pictures or contact info. I got many quotes and they gave me the best design by far. Erik is an architect and designs everything and oversees the work, did great work.

grim
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I got my whole yard and a giant patio done by Erik at Weston over the fall. Ended up being the best yard in my neighborhood and much much nicer than I ever anticipated. Let me know if you want pictures or contact info. I got many quotes and they gave me the best design by far. Erik is an architect and designs everything and oversees the work, did great work.

Would you mind shooting me some pics, info and what you were charged. I am going to be too busy with other house crap to get the yard taken care of right away.

birchyboy
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Would you mind shooting me some pics, info and what you were charged. I am going to be too busy with other house crap to get the yard taken care of right away.

+1

jrhurt
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 03:50 PM
PMs sent

birchyboy
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Maybe we need a group buy for landscaping

aerofaze
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 05:01 PM
... Still needing recommendations & testimonials on COLO SPGS landscapers here! :wait: Post or PM me.

I'll check out any recommended Denver peeps, especially if it's a spankin' deal, but most likely it won't happen due to convenience/cost on both of our parts.

Drano
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 06:24 PM
You can call Brennon Miles. He owns Nature Escapes Landscape and Design. (719) 330-6896

Just let him know Bryan Adams referred you.

Ninja2
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Colorado Custom Rock Company. Ask for Jeff Schondeck. He and his crew did a great job with the house in Monument:
http://www.ccrlandscaping.com/contactus.html

The GECCO
Tue Mar 13th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Randy's Landscaping. They've been around forever, used to sponsor the short track car we ran out at CSIS in the late 70's and early 80's. They also just totally redid my folks front yard, they live up near the Air Force Academy.

aerofaze
Wed Mar 14th, 2012, 07:21 AM
You can call Brennon Miles. He owns Nature Escapes Landscape and Design. (719) 330-6896.

Colorado Custom Rock Company. Ask for Jeff Schondeck.

Randy's Landscaping.

Thank you- this is great!

Dave
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Sarah,
I’ll second the recommendation for Randy’s Landscaping- Randy designed and landscaped about 75% of my yard about 10 years ago. Randy and his wife were running the business and are experienced and pleasant people.
http://www.bbb.org/southern-colorado/business-reviews/landscape-contractors/randys-landscaping-and-design-in-colorado-springs-co-5963456 (http://www.bbb.org/southern-colorado/business-reviews/landscape-contractors/randys-landscaping-and-design-in-colorado-springs-co-5963456)

aerofaze
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Sarah,
I’ll second the recommendation for Randy’s Landscaping- Randy designed and landscaped about 75% of my yard about 10 years ago. Randy and his wife were running the business and are experienced and pleasant people.
http://www.bbb.org/southern-colorado/business-reviews/landscape-contractors/randys-landscaping-and-design-in-colorado-springs-co-5963456 (http://www.bbb.org/southern-colorado/business-reviews/landscape-contractors/randys-landscaping-and-design-in-colorado-springs-co-5963456)

That's the kind of review I'm looking for. I appreciate it, Dave!

Haven't called anyone yet as I'm finalizing all the questions that I have, etc, but I plan to do so this week.

Rocfrog
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Might be kind of late, but a friend of mine owns Foothills Landscaping and they are local to the springs.....

http://www.foothills-landscaping.com/index2.html

Nick

Brahma
Tue Jun 12th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Might be way off on the time frame but I have a landscaper that I have used several times and a hand full of friends have used him, does great work for a lot less. Most quotes I got when I did mine were $15K-$18K, he did mine for $11K. His name is Sergio Selinas, 719-382-5958