PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work at CH2MHill?

Snowman
Thu Mar 15th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Just looking to get on over there and wondering if anyone here works there. Just IM me...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Mar 20th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I did sub-contract work for them in Idaho Falls......didn't like them. They treated their contractors pretty badly, at least they did us. Didn't pay well, no per diem, no bennies. I was glad to change.

asp_125
Tue Mar 20th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I did sub-contract work for them in Idaho Falls......didn't like them. They treated their contractors pretty badly, at least they did us. Didn't pay well, no per diem, no bennies. I was glad to change.

Pretty much the same across most big EPCM companies. Try to get on as staff, I hear internally they have pretty decent bennies.

salsashark
Tue Mar 20th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I don't know anyone who's still there, but I enjoyed my time... I wouldn't hesitate to work for them again...

I have heard similar stories about how CH (Well, Kaiser Hill actually) treated contractors at Rocky Flats. It's set up like that in the contracts. Creates a bad environment for the workers when the management has incentives to cut staff and complete early.

Snowman
Tue Mar 20th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Contractors do seem to get the short end of the stick. Raytheon treated me just fine when I started with the Program as a contractor. It was a 2month contract that lasted 8 months, before they pulled me in full time.

Now that the Raytheon contact is ending and Lockheed taking over, it's going to get really bad fast. Lockheed low bid the contract thinking they would only have to do the sustaining work and outsource any projects. Which means they cut my department from 6 people to 2. These two people will be sub-contractors with a 20% pay cut. People are running away from this in droves. Considering the type of work we do here that's allot of specialized knowledge walking out the door.