PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Watch Manning Workout!!

JustSomeDude
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Peyton Manning baby!!! It's on!!!!!

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2012/03/16/manning-reportedly-working-out-for-broncos-at-duke-university/

:guns:

madvlad
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Im sure he'll end up here

vort3xr6
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I hope he doesn't. Waste of money.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I feel like I'm back in Minnesota.

"lets find old veterans we can get 1 or 2 years out of instead of building a team that's a long term contender"

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I will laugh my ever livin ass off if they pay a shit ton of money to Payton and then don't even make the playoffs.

I like Payton and wish him all the best. Not a hater by any means. I'm just a believer in building for the long term instead of short term get rich quick schemes.

Just like when I rebuild a bike - I could put it together fast or I could put it together right. One takes more time but pays out better in the long term.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I hope he doesn't. Waste of money.
Agreed. We did well with Tebow when the coaches finally pulled their heads out of their asses and started him. He'd have done a LOT better if we'd started the season with him. I like Manning, I just don't want him for the Broncos, and totally agree it'd be a waste of money. Manning should just retire. He's got plenty of money, fame, and stats, why risk being a quadrapalegic?

JustSomeDude
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I feel like I'm back in Minnesota.

"lets find old veterans we can get 1 or 2 years out of instead of building a team that's a long term contender"

I think Elway sees Peyton Manning as his best option for a long term rebuilding plan - given the certain set of circumstances...

1) Tebow is not a "wide receiver's quarterback". Landing top WR talent may be tough with a guy behind center who is known for holding on to the ball to make the yards on the ground.

2) Even if Manning doesn't grab the Lombardi trophy for Denver, he gives the Broncos serious playoff potential for the 2-3 years he has left in the tank. That gives the Broncos credibility for landing additional talent, which is valid for point three...

3) Being far below the salary cap for 2012, the Broncos are perfectly situated for stacking their roster with players who will compliment a pocket passer and a quarterback with a prolific air attack such as Peyton Manning. And they already have one of the best LTs in the league, who is a great fit for protecting the blind spot of a right-hander such as Manning.

4) Finally, Manning solves the political problem of Tim Tebow. Love him or hate him, Tebow poses a popularity dilemma for FEX. Keep him and struggle with 8-8 seasons for 10 years with nary a Super Bowl to show, and the "win at all costs" fanbase will crucify you. Dump Tebow without a name/proven talent behind center, and the Tebow-faithful will crucify you. It's a lose-lose situation (although many will disagree with my first point, and argue that Tebow is a future SuperBowl star). The Tebow-potential argument aside - Peyton solves both problems (for the most part); he brings proven skills and leadership that allows Tebow to be traded with minimal fallout.

I honestly don't see how this could be a bad move for the Broncos, unless Peyton gets his neck bent in game 1 - which is certainly a risk. But, it's a risk with every other player as well.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Tebow is fun to watch but when you look at a couple other rookies in the league last season and how they handled themselves on the field and passing mechanics, it's a no-brainer. We need a QB.

drago52
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I really hope we get Peyton. Tebow is fun to watch, but once the opponents got his game plan down, he was pretty worthless. The Patriots made the Broncos look like high schoolers in the playoffs. We won the first several games with Tebow because it was such a strange style of play that teams hadn't seen in years. Once they had some tape to look at, the Broncos backed into the playoffs, beat a debilitated Steelers team (which was awesome by the way), then got annihilated by the Patriots. We get Peyton and we could go to the superbowl next year. I have no doubt.

mdub
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Peyton is a good qtrback....but he will need to avoid that one good HIT...

rforsythe
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Today is 3.16. If we sign Peyton today, will Tebow burst into flames?

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Drago - there you go assuming that the rookie will not improve and play differently as he grows. If we were three years into the guy as a starter, I would not disagree. But here we go expecting the young guy to play like the veteran and not give a guy a chance.

drago52
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Drago - there you go assuming that the rookie will not improve and play differently as he grows. If we were three years into the guy as a starter, I would not disagree. But here we go expecting the young guy to play like the veteran and not give a guy a chance.

I spoke everything in past-tense. I have no idea how the Broncos will do this year with Tebow at QB and I wouldn't assume anything. You made that up.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 03:37 PM
"Denver Post reported, the team is offering him roughly a five-year, $90 million contract. Originally, the Post reported the offer was for $60 million."

Oh my.... No doubt he will end up here.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-03-16/peyton-manning-matt-flynn-pat-bowlen-miami-dolphins-denver-broncos?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D144185#ix zz1pJmyMtWf

JustSomeDude
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Cardinals just paid Kolb his roster bonus.

Down to the Broncos, Titans and Niners.

birchyboy
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 04:14 PM
"Denver Post reported, the team is offering him roughly a five-year, $90 million contract. Originally, the Post reported the offer was for $60 million."

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-03-16/peyton-manning-matt-flynn-pat-bowlen-miami-dolphins-denver-broncos?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D144185#ix zz1pJmyMtWf

Jeebus, that's a ton of cash. Hopefully they'll say $28 million will be paid at the end of the fifth year if his contract is renewed.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 04:32 PM

You can buy a lot of hookers and blow with that! :D

I hear...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 05:16 PM

sorry, but that's a waste. Buy a bunch of good players (receivers, etc.) to support Tebow, finally treat the poor guy like you WANT him here (Elway....), and give him a couple years to mature.

mdub
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 05:17 PM
sooner the broncos win another super bowl sooner i can start tipping smart cars.

TFOGGuys
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Get Manning to TRAIN and MENTOR Tebow. Manning has at most, 3 years left in the league as a premier QB. Tebow blasted all of Elway's starting season stats in his first season as a starter. Including yards passing, pass completion percentage, and wins. Love him or hate him, Tebow is going to be a top QB, and this will happen faster if he has guys like Manning and Elway to help him.

Nooch
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Being that I'm originally from Indy, having Peyton here would be cool. But I think he'd be more useful in Arizona personally. Although I base that opinion on last year's rosters, and I have no idea what next year's teams will look like of course. Either way, he brings alot to the table, even if he never steps onto the field again (which is unlikely from what I'm reading).

Ezzzzy1
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 05:58 PM
You can buy a lot of hookers and blow with that! :D

I hear...

I know a guy that knows a guy...

I think we should plan a trip to Vegas, not sure why but its just ringing in my head now! :lol:

Get Manning to TRAIN and MENTOR Tebow. Manning has at most, 3 years left in the league as a premier QB. Tebow blasted all of Elway's starting season stats in his first season as a starter. Including yards passing, pass completion percentage, and wins. Love him or hate him, Tebow is going to be a top QB, and this will happen faster if he has guys like Manning and Elway to help him.

You are a 100% right and im sure the Brunkos have to be thinking along those lines.

On second thought... It is the Brunkos... They have got their heads all the way up their asses!

mdub
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 06:00 PM
.....hmmm a ride trip to vegas...

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Mar 16th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Get Manning to TRAIN and MENTOR Tebow. Manning has at most, 3 years left in the league as a premier QB.

Never gonna happen. 1st, no way Manning wants him here to listen to the crowd chant "TEBOW, TEBOW" during his first bad game. 2nd, Tebow will go where someone will pay him as a starter rather than stay here paid as a backup.

Cat118!
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Biting nails here! I don't want to lose Tebow for a short term qb! If we keep Tebow and let Peyton mentor him for long term qb for broncos would be ideal. If that's not going to happen then I don't want Peyton.

mxer
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 08:16 PM
sorry, but that's a waste. Buy a bunch of good players (receivers, etc.) to support Tebow, finally treat the poor guy like you WANT him here (Elway....), and give him a couple years to mature.

It's too late. How can he and the fans trust anything that comes out of Elways mouth. ie I hope he is are long term qb. No wonder he owned car dealerships he's about as sleezy. I wish Tebow would ask to be traded to a place that wants him. Imagine if your boss treated you like that? Telling you one thing then doing another.

That's just a waste of money. If they structure it to protect their asses if he gets hurt then so be it. This team is so far from the SB that one guy is not going turn things around. NE scored 5 TDs in the first half!!

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 10:00 AM
ESPN reporting that Payton has committed to the Broncos.

BC14
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 10:19 AM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/30709743/detail.html

salsashark
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices or people who bought Tebow jerseys suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 10:27 AM
one of those things where only time will tell if the right decision was made. Can debate all day long and would be a waste of time as the bed has been made.

salsashark
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 10:29 AM
^^ The other thing is whether or not John Fox will actually allow a dynamic offensive playbook.

It didn't take long for the NFL to figure out his run, run, run, punt... scheme last year.

aerofaze
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices or people who bought Tebow jerseys suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

:pointlaugh: Geek. :up:

dirkterrell
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 10:45 AM
^^ The other thing is whether or not John Fox will actually allow a dynamic offensive playbook.

I get the feeling that Manning will get to do whatever he wants. :) They'll probably trade Tebow, draft/trade for an understudy to Manning and go the traditional route with the offense. Maybe it will work for them, but I was kinda hoping they'd stick with Tebow and develop a different kind of offense that tasked defenses designed for traditional NFL offenses. But, that was probably just hopium with Elway running things. He clearly knows and wants one style of offense, the one that he played. And if you can find a John Elway to run that offense, you're in good shape. But guys like that don't come along very often and if you're not in the position to snag them, you dwell in mediocrity for long periods (e.g. Denver since Elway retired).

With Tebow, they had a chance to do something different but they clearly didn't have the desire to go that route. Teams on the cusp of being competitive for a Super Bowl appearance probably won't want him because of the wholesale offensive redesign issue, so he'll be shipped off to some NFL backwater team, and languish there because he doesn't have decent athletes around him. But maybe one of those teams will try to build what's needed around him and throw NFL defenses for a loop. I'd love to see that, and the potential is there for a coaching staff that is willing to be original and creative, not just try to do what's been done in the past. Only time will tell.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 10:50 AM
so he'll be shipped off to some NFL backwater team, and languish there because he doesn't have decent athletes around him. But maybe one of those teams will try to build what's needed around him and throw NFL defenses for a loop. I'd love to see that, and the potential is there for a coaching staff that is willing to be original and creative, not just try to do what's been done in the past. Only time will tell.

Lots of jabber last week on ESPN radio about Jacksonville having interest in him. Dunno how true that is.

salsashark
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I think Tebow will land on his feet. The guy doesn't have the throwing mechanics that the Broncos want (whether or not that can be developed remains to be seen), but he's got skills as well as leadership qualities... Also, attitude goes a long way.

Sully
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Peyton Picks the Broncos - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7709195/barring-snag-peyton-manning-picks-denver-broncos-sources-say

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Everyone wants to break the story first but

I WON

Now I'm taking my ball and going home.