PDA

View Full Version : Dinner @ Pho 79 highlands ranch 3/18/12

madvlad
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Gathering interest for some dinner at the new Pho79 location in highlands ranch tomorrow night (northeast corner of broadway and county line rd. Right past Courtesy Ford and next to the waffle house/burger king)

Time: 6 pm -Yes I know that the mashup is at 6 pm, not trying to jack it up or anything. Just gathering interest for people in the area who won't be attending.

kingtut
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Is this the same owners as the Mississippi and Havana one?

Interesting... maybe even interested.

madvlad
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 06:16 PM
No idea bro to be honest with you. I assume so, same name. Unless it's a franchise but still great pho though. Tried it a week ago for lunch when they opened

mdub
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I could be dwn for some tripe. Hmmm chewy .

AOK303
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Same family not really same owner there is 4 pho79 now in Colorado

tecknojoe
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Maybe i'll bring the duke out. I'll know tomorrow :lol:

I was considering the mashup but it might be too much of a mission for me this time

madvlad
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Do eeet, I wantz to see it lol... yea I have two soccer games starting at 1pm so I will be hungry but too damn exhausted to ride all the way to Arvada for the mashup

tecknojoe
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Do eeet, I wantz to see it lol... yea I have two soccer games starting at 1pm so I will be hungry but too damn exhausted to ride all the way to Arvada for the mashup

send me yo cell, i probly never saved ur number last season :lol:

I'll let u know during the day if I'm gonna do pho or not. I'm right over in lone tree so it's not a big deal

madvlad
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 07:41 PM
send me yo cell, i probly never saved ur number last season :lol:

I'll let u know during the day if I'm gonna do pho or not. I'm right over in lone tree so it's not a big deal

PM incoming. That new location is so damn convenient, riding to aurora for pho was okay but sometimes it sucked lol

kingtut
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 07:49 PM
... aurora for pho ...

My problem. Pho 79 and Pho Duy are my two favs. But living down south has proven problematic. Have tried the one at Streets of Southglenn and the one at NW corner of Quebec and County Line....both sucked.

Jmetz
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Pho Duy II is closer to me but isn't near as good as 79 on Havana. It'll do if I really don't feel like driving to 79, but most of the time I'll make the trip.

madvlad
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 07:54 PM
My problem. Pho 79 and Pho Duy are my two favs. But living down south has proven problematic. Have tried the one at Streets of Southglenn and the one at NW corner of Quebec and County Line....both sucked.

Haven't tried pho duy but hear from AOK that it is bomb. This pho79 tastes pretty similar as the one in Aurora so no worries there. Tried Pho boulevard near my house and it sucked, too pricy and portions were way to small

AOK303
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 08:20 PM
its all about Pho Duy on Feds mmm i have eatin at all the pho's it seems like due to friends familys owning them or there close to friends shops haha

biikChiQ
Sat Mar 17th, 2012, 10:43 PM
aok, do u know if pho duy on 120th is owned by the same ppl as the one on Fed? cause seems like the one on 120th went downhill.

madvlad
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Bump, anyone plans on this please RSVP so I can plan a bit ahead!

kingtut
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 11:39 AM
aok, do u know if pho duy on 120th is owned by the same ppl as the one on Fed? cause seems like the one on 120th went downhill.

Weird, I've never been to these others. I go to the Pho Duy on I-70 and Peoria.

Bump, anyone plans on this please RSVP so I can plan a bit ahead!

I'd like to, but don't think I can make it today.
I'll keep an eye on any future meet ups. I'd like really like to try this place.
(fwiw, Saturday afternoons/lunch would be easier for me to make)

Jmetz
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 12:51 PM

Thats the one I was referencing, IMO it's mediocre.

tecknojoe
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Windy as fuck balls. I'm in if we think it's not gonna knock bikes over, or if we can park near the building

bornwildnfree
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Pfft ya'll should just htfu and come down for good mexican lmao.

biikChiQ
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 03:23 PM

I go to that one too since it's the closest pho place to my house.

and I agree.. I just go there because it's convenient.

madvlad
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Windy as fuck balls. I'm in if we think it's not gonna knock bikes over, or if we can park near the building

I just made it home from my games and the R1 and I barely made it home alive. The wind is kicking way too hard and the storm is moving in quickly so i'll be caging it personally and wouldn't want to see yours or anyone's on the side.

Pfft ya'll should just htfu and come down for good mexican lmao.

Too far and too tired or else I would lol

GuitarX
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Damir, we'll have to have lunch over at Thai Hiep sometime. They don't serve Pho but their Vietnamese noodle bowls are so yummy.

And it's not far from your work.

madvlad
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Damir, we'll have to have lunch over at Thai Hiep sometime. They don't serve Pho but their Vietnamese noodle bowls are so yummy.

And it's not far from your work.

For sure, we are here man if you want to come down.

kingtut
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 07:23 PM
... we are here man if you want to come down.

How was it? Good I hope...

I go to that one too since it's the closest pho place to my house.

and I agree.. I just go there because it's convenient.

Whoops;). It's better than other places I've tried. But not as good as Pho 79 off Mississippi.
I have noticed the waiters usually inadvertently dip a finger (or two) in the bowl when bringing it to the table, ugh.

Jmetz
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah their bowls are kind of skimpy and the veggies usually seem to be not very fresh.

biikChiQ
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 08:27 PM
How was it? Good I hope...

It was good and looks nice inside.

had a good time.

mdub
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I dont think BiikCHiq rides. She just goes to pho meetups. Hahaah

biikChiQ
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 08:46 PM
lol, thats right.

madvlad
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Good times, good seeing you guys and girls, that was some good food... I just got hungry again though lol

biikChiQ
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 08:55 PM
yeah that's the thing about pho, u go hungry quick..

it should be listed under appetizer.

madvlad
Sun Mar 18th, 2012, 08:57 PM
yeah that's the thing about pho, u go hungry quick..

it should be listed under appetizer.

Lol no doubt, gonna try what you had next time. It looked really good.

AOK303
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 12:15 AM

well someone married to the family but i agree the one on 120 by the market place is average theres one across the street from duy that is to be the best in that area

AOK303
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 12:15 AM
i always get extra steak on the side with lime so i dont get hungry later mmm Meat colon

AOK303
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 12:19 AM
saigon bowl has good noodle bowls so does 55 new saigon still has best viet food i think, but they dont serve pho haha. We should do a dim sum sunday sometime

tecknojoe
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Second time i've had pho. Was thoroughly confused when it came to ordering. Next time will not get chicken

was pretty good but too much of that stuff made me feel a little weird on the inside

mastap07
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 06:49 AM
son of a... maybe it was just gas? ;)

tecknojoe
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 06:53 AM
son of a... maybe it was just gas? ;)

now we are talking an entirely different problem

mastap07
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 07:02 AM
o thats today???

Reyven
Mon Mar 19th, 2012, 07:24 AM

Pho Vy on Twenty Mile and Lincoln has been good to me each time. Haven't found anything else south that I enjoy better than their stuff so far.

kingtut
Sat Mar 24th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Pho Vy on Twenty Mile and Lincoln has been good to me each time. Haven't found anything else south that I enjoy better than their stuff so far.

Good to know, thanks.

kingtut
Sat Mar 24th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Almost went there for lunch today, but didn't want to dine alone.

Would go there for dinner but...

madvlad
Sat Mar 24th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I'd join but unfortunately worked 15 hours today. Have enough juice to get home and call it a day

kingtut
Sat Mar 24th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Wow, long day for sure...a worthy reason. I just fired up the grill- maybe next time!