PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura Discussion

vboulytchev
Wed Jul 6th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Ladies and Gents,

For full exhaust system from Yosh, you can either go for RS-3, RS-5, TRS, or Tri-oval. Prices dramatically differ, depending on either if you go with titanium, steel, or carbon.

Does anyone have any weights for the pipes above? I cant find any on the net.

I wonder what the diff is between tri-oval and the rs-3. I know its newer, but it costs so much :(

*MV* #33
Wed Jul 6th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Well I don't know the exact weights for each system... but I can tell you that i have a RS-3 full stainless exahust system on my 2001 750 and I also have a TRS full titanium on my 2004 GSX-R 750 and there is a huge weight difference. I took both off and held them up and it was very noticeble. Id say go with the the TRS Titanium if you can afford it. the crafstmanship on the titanium is much better and it goes on the bike like butter ... where on the stainless you have to fight it some to make it fit.

My 2 pennies.

MV
MRA#33

*MV* #33
Wed Jul 6th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Oh by the way.. i really can say there was any huge performance differance between the two systems.. so if yer just fitting one up on yer street bike than id get the stainless rs-3 system with your choice of can.

Bueller
Wed Jul 6th, 2005, 10:42 AM
I don't think the wieght difference between any of the Yosh cans is going to be anything to worry about, maybe 1lbs. Carbon is going to be the lightest but the most expensive and it is not maint. free like the others.
Any of these systems in going to be about 1/2 the weight of stock. And unless you are building the ultra-lightest spare no expense race bike I would just go with what you like the best or can afford.

Anonymous
Wed Jul 6th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Prices also differ so much because the stainless systems are mass produced. The full Ti systems are literally made-to-order by hand, at the Yosh factory by a bunch of folks who apparently really like to bend, shape, and cut Titanium. You pay extra for that work, but what you get is also top quality.

vboulytchev
Thu Jul 7th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Guys, thanks for all your input. I posted this questions right before I started really digging with all my friends. Basicly people suggested not to go with yosh.

I really like Arata, after seeing dyno charts (hopefully they somewhat ok).

For a full TI system, 1100 bucks.

I have yet to see a pipe come close to that in yosh, akra, whatever.

Also looked at ti-force....

Anything you know about the arata?

THANKS GUYS

3/4gixxer
Thu Jul 7th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Not sure about the Dyno's and such but I got a full Yosh TRS Ti system for about $1000. I'm getting 124 hp with that, K&N and PC IIIr. I haven't seen a stronger 750 yet so I can't complain about Yosh.