PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo

GNGSXR
Wed Mar 21st, 2012, 06:29 PM
Can anyone direct me on info about pueblo? Did the paving happen? how did it go? Upcoming track days?
Thanks

UglyDogRacing
Wed Mar 21st, 2012, 08:31 PM
http://www.pueblomotorsportspark.us/

Paving is supposed to be done sometime in May.

rforsythe
Thu Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:26 AM
I was hoping they would run in RV power like it was rumored last year, but that doesn't appear to be in the project plans. Oh well, back to the generators we go! It will still be fun to ride that place without getting bike parts knocked off from the potholes. It's a great track when the surface doesn't suck.

GNGSXR
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks Ugly.
I had an old PMP website bookmarked that hasnt been updated since 2009 :slap:

skeezbox
Tue Mar 27th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Wonder if the paving is really going to happen...and who is making bets they will have full blown semi racing out there to curl all those bumps back out of the track...doesn't matter if its a miata or a semi I sure as hell hope they give it time to cure and not jump into events and totally f up the surface.

Ghost
Tue Mar 27th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Wonder if the paving is really going to happen...and who is making bets they will have full blown semi racing out there to curl all those bumps back out of the track...doesn't matter if its a miata or a semi I sure as hell hope they give it time to cure and not jump into events and totally f up the surface.

Given that it won't be done until May, and race season starts around then...I'm not betting it'll get much cure time.

rybo
Tue Mar 27th, 2012, 03:39 PM
With appropriate polymers included in the asphalt mix a long cure time isn't critical. The reason we've had the cure time problem in recent years is a shortage of that polymer compound.

That being said - I'm only guardedly optimistic that the work will be done in May, and am extremely hopeful that they have it ready for the MRA races there in June.

skeezbox
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:27 AM
With appropriate polymers included in the asphalt mix a long cure time isn't critical. The reason we've had the cure time problem in recent years is a shortage of that polymer compound.

That being said - I'm only guardedly optimistic that the work will be done in May, and am extremely hopeful that they have it ready for the MRA races there in June.

And that being said I sure as hell they know about these polymers you speak of and use them;).... Hopefully they do not try to shave corners and forget about them.... Always believed a longer cure time is better for the asphalts in the long run though.:up:

GNGSXR
Tue Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:29 AM
I am sure someone on here knows a guy, that knows a guy, that knows a guy involved in the paving process at Pueblo. Let's see if we can get some information on this.

UglyDogRacing
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Press release says it's done - http://www.pueblomotorsportspark.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=14

We have been told it will be done this Friday.