PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run at Chester/County Line Triumph Speed/Street triple

jbnwc
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:53 AM
Just witnessed a car maliciously take out on of us on a red Triumph Speed or Street Triple at County Line and Chester(by Chick-fil-a).

The asshat was driving a new(paper plate) silver Nissan or Acura going east on Cnty Line. I didn't see the car, but I saw the rider tumbling as I was about to pull onto County Line. He was unconscious for a while, but came to and was moving, but spitting up blood, so hopefully he'll be alright. He's on his way to the hospital right now. The other drivers who stopped said it was obviously road rage and the car pulled in front of him, nailed the brakes, and then took off. So the biker rear ended the car. The bike looked mostly ok, though. I think the other rider with him said his name was Bahser or Basel or something like that.

grim
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Did anyone get a plate number?

jbnwc
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
No one got anything, just the color and the fact that it had paper plates. I was so shocked to see a bike sliding by that I didn't even think to look for a car.

mdub
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:06 PM
mutha fker....wha a worthless piece of shit out there....hope some one got his temp tag...

asp_125
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:22 PM
WTF MFKR! Must've been Matt Bush driving. http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/article1221475.ece

Hope the rider is (relatively) alright.

tecknojoe
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
That's one reason I hate the fact that colorado is so lenient with plates. It's impossible to get numbers on 50% of the cars out here.

I hope the rider is good. If I was on a ride like that I'd want my buddy to chase that peice of shit down then come back. Too bad no one caught that nissan and ripped his testicles off

Slo
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:03 PM
I am around county line during non-business hours a lot, if by some chance I see a Silver paper plated Nissan or Acura with some marks in the back bumper.... I will tactfully get them to stop.

Luckily my Nissan is grey and I am at work up in golden. It's got paper plates.

~Barn~
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:16 PM
Just got back from a coincidental lunch at said Chick-Fil-A. When I arrived, the cops were there doing their thing and I saw two motorcycles (upright), amongst the debris, with the lane shutdown. By the time I left the restaurant, everything was cleaned-up and back open. Was wondering what transpired...

Think
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
So we can assume that there should be markings on the bumper? That is unless the guy repaired any damage to his car.

dhearkt
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
has anyone found out what hospital our fellow rider has gone to yet or his name

mdub
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:36 PM
So we can assume that there should be markings on the bumper? That is unless the guy repaired any damage to his car.

there has to be some sort of flaw. shit bag did slamm'd his brakes to cause the accident....

longrider
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:47 PM
I cant believe how close i came to that! Only about 10 min off timewise and I turned into the shopping center before I got to Chester (must have my Taste of Philly) Had I seen it happen I would have chased the guy down! While I couldn't stop him as I was on a bike I could have at least got a plate and description

mdub
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:52 PM
i use to work at chester and drycreek...i remember one time i was turning into chester and a tire iron fell off of the pick up trk in front of me...could have been disastorous.

jbnwc
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:54 PM
there has to be some sort of flaw. shit bag did slamm'd his brakes to cause the accident....

It might not be noticeable. The Triumph only had light damage to the front - headlight, right side controls. He didn't hit hard enough to damage the fender, fork, or wheel.

birchyboy
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
It's terrible that this happened. Hopefully this will be on the news and someone may know something that didn't stay on-scene.

mdub
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
It might not be noticeable. The Triumph only had light damage to the front - headlight, right side controls. He didn't hit hard enough to damage the fender, fork, or wheel.

you would think he had damage the car more than slightly.

mastap07
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
hope the rider is ok. non the less whatever the cause was, slamming on the brakes in front of a bike is f*ed up...

Ghosty
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
Hope the cops find that douchebag!!!

stubbicatt
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Karma has a way of working things out.

Get well soon rider!

mdub
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 03:40 PM
here here 8)

usmcab35
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
time to go car hunting... just need help mounting the mini guns to the busa

asp_125
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
I work in the area, will keep my eyes peeled.

madvlad
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 04:10 PM
I would've chased him down, you know other people were gonna stop to check on him anyways. I would've made sure to see him/her behind bars. Hopefully the person will be brought to justice soon.

ms303
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
I work at that Chick-Fil-A and was coming back from delivery when I saw them putting the bike up on the flatbed. I wondered what exactly happened. Hope he's ok. I'll be looking out for that car for sure.

A lighter note, someone with a grey RSV4 came through today, about the same time as the accident, while I was out directing traffic. If you are on here nice bike man!

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
That was probably barn

~Barn~
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 09:33 PM
That was me, but it's actually not an RSV4. I'll take the compliment regardless though, thank you! =)

longrider
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 09:38 PM
RSV2s are good too ;) At work I keep getting asked if I am going to get the Tuono4 but my Tuono is almost paid for and still lots of fun...

mdub
Fri Mar 23rd, 2012, 09:46 PM
Mormons knows how to cook chicken .

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Mar 26th, 2012, 01:02 PM
SUX! Hope the guy's ok and hope they nail the bastid!:devil2:

jbnwc
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Mormons knows how to cook chicken .

Why does everyone think they are Mormon? CFA is absolutely not a Mormon company; it's Christian - owned by Truett Cathy. It's based out of Atlanta for goodness sakes.

mdub
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 08:36 AM
my bad man...those christians knows how to cook chicken. better?

jbnwc
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 09:14 AM
my bad man...those christians knows how to cook chicken. better?

There you go, let's give credit where credit is due! If we are going to stereotype by religion, we should at least get the right one! I'm just kidding, but there was another thread where the same thing came up and then I also heard a coworker say it was a Mormon company a while back. I just where that rumor came from or why would that even come up since it isn't accurate?? The owners are so open about their faith that you'd think there wouldn't be any question. Maybe people think Mormonism and Christianity are the same thing?

Schiff32
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I was also told this Mormon lie when I moved out here. They have signs in the restaurant talking about their Christian roots ...

mdub
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Not open on Sunday's .

My wife told me that and I told her of this conversation . Darn heresay.

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Maybe people think Mormonism and Christianity are the same thing?

Do you think all Christian denominations are the same?

Darth Do'Urden
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Do you think all Christian denominations are the same?

They are not all the same in practice and minutia of beliefs, though the core and fundamental biblical doctrines necessary to salvation are by and large the same throughout. However...

Mormonism is NOT a denomination of Christianity. It is a wholly separate cult, only using what bits of the Holy Bible serve its purposes of driving folks toward the Book of Mormon (the book they TRULY follow). Sprinkle a little truth with the lies and presto, instant followers.

But...

Any more word on this hit-and-run?

mauser72
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 12:02 PM
wait what mormons and christians arent the same?

Vance
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 12:12 PM
They are not all the same in practice and minutia of beliefs, though the core and fundamental biblical doctrines necessary to salvation are by and large the same throughout. However...

Mormonism is NOT a denomination of Christianity. It is a wholly separate cult, only using what bits of the Holy Bible serve its purposes of driving folks toward the Book of Mormon (the book they TRULY follow). Sprinkle a little truth with the lies and presto, instant followers.

But...

Any more word on this hit-and-run?

I would argue as well that many an aspect of your bible (both new and old testament) also be dissected as being bits and pieces stolen from other religions. Babylonian, Assyrian, etc that predated the earliest known versions of the Judeao-Christian's old testement books of the bible... and tell tales of the flood mythos, Genesis, the tower of Babel, etc, etc, etc...

And Christianity for that matter is an amalgamation of ideas from other Jewish progressives of the time (where did Jesus disappear to for those years I wonder? Hmmmm),... then in the early days of the Church they completely re-wrote their own stories via theft from other (mainly European and Germanic) religious organizations' - stealing their holidays and rituals to fit their needs to conquer and absorb (Christmas, Easter, etc, etc, etc).

But hey - this isn't a religious thread. This is all about a rider down, and good chicken, or something like that.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 12:23 PM
These kinds of threads make me want to carry concealed at all times and use a GoPro on my helmet whenever I ride or drive. Felony assault with a deadly weapon, and hit and run. ASSHOLE!

grim
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 12:27 PM
These kinds of threads make me want to carry concealed at all times and use a GoPro on my helmet whenever I ride or drive. Felony assault with a deadly weapon, and hit and run. ASSHOLE!

I usually always have my GoPro because of stuff like this.

Darth Do'Urden
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 12:58 PM
This is the kind of stuff that's driving me closer and closer to getting one (GoPro or the like) myself. In fact, I'd like to have two on the bike: facing both ahead and behind to capture anything and everything that might go down (even if it's me =P). Gotta get one first....

jbnwc
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 02:15 PM
This is the kind of stuff that's driving me closer and closer to getting one (GoPro or the like) myself. In fact, I'd like to have two on the bike: facing both ahead and behind to capture anything and everything that might go down (even if it's me =P). Gotta get one first....

No kiddidng. A GoPro would have been perfect in this situation. I haven't seen anything, but I'm hoping someone followed the aggressor and got him/her arrested.

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 02:31 PM

Truth is relative. Some people believe a book written many thousands of years ago is the word of God. Others disagree.

grim
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 02:37 PM
IBRTL

Scatterbrain
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Wow that's jacked up. I hoope the rider's allright and the guys car is FU*&^ed.