PDA

View Full Version : That which has been seen...

SloBlue
Sat Mar 24th, 2012, 08:35 PM
...cannot be unseen.

I was in a big truck headed SB on I-25 on Thursday. I passed a Repsol Honda stopped on the NB ramp at 144 ave. I wondered if it was SaShWhO from this forum. I was contemplating this and wishing I was on a bike as I got onto the 270 from I-25. I was still in the left lane from the left hand merge when a sportbike went by me on the right at 70 to 90 mph. I didn't really see the bike, it was past me too fast. But, the rider left me with a mental image I didn't want. It was a super-sized rider wearing shorts and a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off. No helmet. The short had riden down and the t-shirt was blowing up. I got an eye-full of plumbers crack about a yard across.

Yikes.

I was trying to forget that image when the second bike came by playing follow the leader with the big guy. I could only see a sweet young thing on the back of the second bike in shorts, t-shirt and a pony tail in the wind. Admittedly, the backside of the pillion on the second bike was much better than the first, but I was thinking that if I caught a boy with my daughter riding down the 270 weaving through cars like a chicane at 20 to 30 over, not to mention the total lack of any gear, I'd kill him.

I just thought I'd share a couple of motorcycle related observations since this forum sometimes relates to riding sportbikes. :hibye:

Sleev
Sun Mar 25th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Actually "we're a drinking club with a motorcycle problem"

Jmetz
Sun Mar 25th, 2012, 10:33 AM
As a big guy on a bike I really try to save the public from veiwing my plumbers crack.

mathman1000
Sun Mar 25th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Yes yes......the squids are show their stupid in full force lately.....this nice weather really brings out the dumb ones.

AOK303
Sun Mar 25th, 2012, 12:37 PM
you know its summer when the squids come out to play

Cars-R-Coffins
Mon Mar 26th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Leaving downtown last night and saw a group of squidly guys riding wheelies over the Colfax bridge to I-25 without helmets. Well here was the real breakdown... First rider was riding a wheelie at about 60mph, riders #2-3 were jerking hard towards the sky but no real action, riders #5-6 were just happy to be riding with such cool guys, and the sixth rider was bringing up the rear with what looked to be his gf- or maybe it was his sister, I dunno. :no:

It was a real clown show and it made me realize why I avoid Denver on my bike.

mastap07
Mon Mar 26th, 2012, 10:37 AM
...cannot be unseen.

I was in a big truck headed SB on I-25 on Thursday. I passed a Repsol Honda stopped on the NB ramp at 144 ave. I wondered if it was SaShWhO from this forum. I was contemplating this and wishing I was on a bike as I got onto the 270 from I-25. I was still in the left lane from the left hand merge when a sportbike went by me on the right at 70 to 90 mph. I didn't really see the bike, it was past me too fast. But, the rider left me with a mental image I didn't want. It was a super-sized rider wearing shorts and a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off. No helmet. The short had riden down and the t-shirt was blowing up. I got an eye-full of plumbers crack about a yard across.

Yikes.

I was trying to forget that image when the second bike came by playing follow the leader with the big guy. I could only see a sweet young thing on the back of the second bike in shorts, t-shirt and a pony tail in the wind. Admittedly, the backside of the pillion on the second bike was much better than the first, but I was thinking that if I caught a boy with my daughter riding down the 270 weaving through cars like a chicane at 20 to 30 over, not to mention the total lack of any gear, I'd kill him.

I just thought I'd share a couple of motorcycle related observations since this forum sometimes relates to riding sportbikes. :hibye:
yup it was sash lol

Leaving downtown last night and saw a group of squidly guys riding wheelies over the Colfax bridge to I-25 without helmets. Well here was the real breakdown... First rider was riding a wheelie at about 60mph, riders #2-3 were jerking hard towards the sky but no real action, riders #5-6 were just happy to be riding with such cool guys, and the sixth rider was bringing up the rear with what looked to be his gf- or maybe it was his sister, I dunno. :no:

It was a real clown show and it made me realize why I avoid Denver on my bike.

every sunday night they have a vato clan that would meet up on colfax and 25 at the shell gas station. i have seen then several times. they usually head down I-25 to 6th and attempt wheelies the whole way down, race each other and weave in and out of traffic. you could always tell it was them, spiked hair, sunglasses, shorts, a few had passengers and they always few by around 7pm. my house is right off of 6th and i would always see and hear them dickin around heading west. i have a feeling they will be on the news someday.

SaShWhO
Mon Mar 26th, 2012, 04:44 PM
:doublefinger:

nope,
I AM ZE GEAR NAZI

Jmetz
Wed Mar 28th, 2012, 09:21 AM
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/1347/bike2so5.jpg

Wrider
Wed Mar 28th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Damn... I'm a big guy, but I make sure that even on short squidly rides without a jacket, my shirt is at least tucked in far enough I don't flash the poor people behind me.

Well either that or I triple the speed limit so they won't see anything but a flash of white...