PDA

View Full Version : M endorsement question

sag
Sun Mar 25th, 2012, 07:33 PM
can my buddy regain his M endorsement (lost his license a few years ago) without taking the dmv test if he takes the experienced/advanced riding msf course?

~Barn~
Sun Mar 25th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I had to reinstate my DL a few years back, and part of the various requirements was taking (and passing) the standard driver tests. After that was completed, the woman behind the counter at the DMV recognized that I previously had an M, and just put it back on for me. I was fully expecting having to "do it all over again", but she just put it back on for me. :dunno:

Wrider
Mon Mar 26th, 2012, 01:39 AM
I had to reinstate my DL a few years back, and part of the various requirements was taking (and passing) the standard driver tests. After that was completed, the woman behind the counter at the DMV recognized that I previously had an M, and just put it back on for me. I was fully expecting having to "do it all over again", but she just put it back on for me. :dunno:

Same here. Lost it in 07, got it back early 08, and they put the M back on without any M specific testing (written or riding).

THoward
Mon Mar 26th, 2012, 11:31 PM
can my buddy regain his M endorsement (lost his license a few years ago) without taking the dmv test if he takes the experienced/advanced riding msf course?
Yes he can. He needs to make sure it is the BRC2 with testing. That will take care of all the testing he needs for DMV.