PDA

View Full Version : new to the Denver sportbike scene. what are some good bike nights around here.

big53lee
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 12:57 AM
new to the Denver sportbike scene. what are some good bike nights around here.

AOK303
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 01:30 AM
In about a half a month they will start to Pop up the adds for them currently right now there are not really any that are going yet to early in the season but there's a good showing in the summer

Matty
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 08:13 AM
There aren't any...... Ok, ok. Technically there are. But drinking at hooters from 6-9pm isn't really my thing.

But give it a chance. You'll definitely meet some good people. And the shops that host them are pretty involved. So it wont hurt to check them out. I'm just jaded!!!

BC14
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 08:24 AM
There aren't any...... Ok, ok. Technically there are. But drinking at hooters from 6-9pm isn't really my thing.

But give it a chance. You'll definitely meet some good people. And the shops that host them are pretty involved. So it wont hurt to check them out. I'm just jaded!!!
:imwithstupid:

Mother Goose
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I'm just Matty!!!
Fixed! ;)

Myself and Jim Wilson are usually the ones that get the info out to the board about the bike nights coming up. Start looking for them in the Social Events Forum. I usually sticky them so they will be at the top.

Jmetz
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 09:14 AM
We use to have CSC bike nights but we tend to get kicked out of the places we had them. :lol:

Mother Goose
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 09:15 AM
We use to have CSC bike nights but we tend to get kicked out of the places we had them. :lol:
Because the cheap asses would skip out on their bill. :scream1:

AOK303
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Hmmm i would be interested in starting another CSC night, but that would mean everyone would have to pay there bill and TIP more then 10 percent

UglyDogRacing
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Myself and Jim Wilson are usually the ones that get the info out to the board about the bike nights coming up. Start looking for them in the Social Events Forum. I usually sticky them so they will be at the top.

John, it's all yours this year.

Because the cheap asses would skip out on their bill. :scream1:

Like Caldonia's, Brecks, and that was even a part of what happened at Boston's. I'll never forget the night at Caldonia's where the CSC tried to stick RSVCowboy Mike with a $200 tab. The manager told him to pay it or the CSC is no longer welcome. He said fuck it and walked out. I don't blame him.

Hmmm i would be interested in starting another CSC night, but that would mean everyone would have to pay there bill and TIP more then 10 percent

After doing bike nights for 4 years, I've come to the conclusion that will never happen with this crowd.

Mother Goose
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 09:38 AM
After doing bike nights for 4 years, I've come to the conclusion that will never happen with this crowd.
It may work, just not like it use to. It would work so well before because we were all pretty close and there weren't as many people that could potentially fuck it up for the rest. We ended up knowing who could sit at our table (and trust to pay their tab), and who couldn't. Just my opinion on that.

Jmetz
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Like Caldonia's, Brecks, and that was even a part of what happened at Boston's. I'll never forget the night at Caldonia's where the CSC tried to stick RSVCowboy Mike with a $200 tab. The manager told him to pay it or the CSC is no longer welcome. He said fuck it and walked out. I don't blame him.

I remember the tab issues at Caldonias and it wasn't just once, after that I only ever shared a tab with people that I knew.

AOK303
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 09:56 AM
i know how that goes ive had to pay for missing people at the end at car events oi

Ghosty
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Definitely always do SEPARATE checks when dealing with "unknowns". I hate people who have somehow grown to adulthood and still don't understand "TAX" and "15%-20% TIP" on top of your damn bill, cheap shady idiots.

If you're bad at math, just add a quarter (25%) of your tab, that'll cover tax & tip decently.

tecknojoe
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I tend to do a saturday morning ride here and there, and some track days

then when i see one or two people that i've met a couple times do a "beer / wings / whatever" night, i try to show up

as far as csc club events, if u can't make it to arvada on a sunday night and u don't want to melt your clutch on st patrick's day, I don't feel there's a whole lot of good meet everyone events

i think this year i'll be doing one or two new csc member rides to bring the club noobs together. who knows who will show up for that

Sully
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Caldonia's sign says it's closed for renovation, but I heard they closed for good :dunno:

I think Grand Prix is going to start up some bike nights soon. I believe they already had one a couple of weeks ago?

Jmetz
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 12:12 PM
There's always The Piper Inn across the street. They would be very receptive to a group of sportbikers.

AOK303
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Well if he likes that type of crowed there's the shell on Sundays and a few bikes at the Sonics on Sunday , for got the spot on Thursday though was a diamond shamrock last I went

asp_125
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 12:35 PM
There are no CSC bike nights, random people show up for the raffle giveaways, win a t-shirt.. and then leave. ;)

You can always go the the Quaker State & Lube, and hang with the leather train crowd. :D

willb003
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 05:53 PM
There are no CSC bike nights, Sully shows up for the raffle giveaways, wins a helmet.. and then leaves. ;)

FIXED

Samko
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Mandatory $100 in pocket to get in ???
And no, you can not use Canadian money to pay your tab.

willb003
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Mandatory $100 in pocket to get in ???

WTF Who spends 100 on a bar tab at a bike night. Best be taking the bus instead of riding.

mdub
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 06:39 PM
He's a balla...don't be hating cause he's gots more money than you!!!

Tylar
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 06:51 PM
FIXED

So disgustingly true...

Samko
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 06:51 PM
didn't mean you have to spend $100, just so we know you good for the money bro ,,, hahahah
tell 'em Dub

Jmetz
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I'm only bringing cash if we're going to the ballet.

Samko
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 07:02 PM
off to hooters on P

~Barn~
Thu Mar 29th, 2012, 07:14 PM
The line for those waiting to write a Haiku, that crack on the newies, forms................ here.

Welcome ye newguy
Your girlfriend's in jeopardy
There is no coatcheck

Foolds
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 10:18 AM
We were doing one at Bdubs, and found out later people were paying in cash, and staff was pocketing the cash and claiming the tab was left unpaid.

there was 3 people who quite a few people saw pay in cash one night, and all 3 of there tab's were marked unpaid.. Reported it to management, and the next time they came up with a BS excuse and asked us not to come back

AOK303
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 10:45 AM
haha

Samko
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Toga, toga, toga !!!!

Samko
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Oops I mean
Bike night, bike night, bike night !!!

Think
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 07:48 PM
That is absolutely pathetic.

buzzardman36
Sat Apr 7th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Jeeze! I take last year off from the CSC and when I get back to riding I find there isn't anymore bike nights? That sucks. I met a lot of cool ppl during those Boston's and Coldonia bike nights. Hmmm too bad...

highpsi03
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I have found most CSC meetings are pretty lame. You aren't missing much.

Hibs
Fri Apr 20th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I've been to a few sportbike oriented bike nights, where it was atleast nice to see and admire all the local sportbikes.

Nothing going on this friday night? ? ?

Aphrodite
Wed Apr 25th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I am afraid I don't do bike nights any longer just because I cant afford to go #1, and don't have the time to go #2, and would rather be on a group ride and stop to eat with them than a bike night #3.