PDA

View Full Version : Battery charger

bodhizafa
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Anyone near Boulder have a battery charger/tender thing that a could borrow for a night? Battery is dead because I left my lights on all night in the garage :(

Zach929rr
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Pro-tip: Attempting to recharge a deep-cycled battery with a battery tender is a futile exercise. Best bet may be to bump start it and ride it around for a bit.

bodhizafa
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Just looked on another forum. Looks like you can't bump start the F800 if there is no juice. You at least need a small amount of voltage? to get the computer to keep the motor going. Good to know before I get stuck somewhere! I don't know too much about the Can-Bus electrical system but that kinda sucks.

Penadam
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 02:15 PM
If the fuel pump pressurizes, you can likely bump start it. If not, you're SOL and need a charger or a jump.

bodhizafa
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Would a fairly new (6 month old) battery be totally dead? Unable to recharge. Its a Trugel Bikemaster for whatever thats worth?

Bueller
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Jump it off of your cage without the engine running. But like Zach said if you killed it real dead the battery is likely no good no matter age or make.

Foolds
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I got Battery tender JR and a Quick Charge 3amp charger too.. you can use what ever you want.

Im in north thornton

Zach929rr
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I've jumped deep cycled bike batteries off the car before, like Bueller said, but they often only last another month or two after that, at best.

bodhizafa
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I got Battery tender JR and a Quick Charge 3amp charger too.. you can use what ever you want.

Im in north thornton

Thanks man, I'm going to try and jump it tonight or just go to Walmart and get a tender and battery. Looks like Wally world stocks a battery that will fit.

Solinary
Fri Mar 30th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I have a tender jr you can borrow for the night/weekend...I am in Boulder off 63rd and Diagonal if you change your mind.