PDA

View Full Version : STAR school 2012 at HPR

Ninja2
Sat Mar 31st, 2012, 05:06 PM
Looks like Jason Pridmore's STAR school is coming back to HPR this year.
Here more details: http://www.starmotorcycle.com/2012-high-plains-raceway

Thought I'd start a thread so folks are aware and can start planning for this. I hope to be able to make it again this year, at least for the first day. I learned a lot from the two days last year (besides making sure my fan works properly).

I think everyone that went can agree that this was a worthwile investment and a lot of fun. Especially the two-ups with Jason. And the comraderie was phenomenal.
:w00t:

spideyrdr
Sat Mar 31st, 2012, 05:38 PM
I am 95% certain I will be doing both days. I've got the days off from work, got the 'ok' from the wife, and just have to work out a few details before I put down the cash.

rforsythe
Sun Apr 1st, 2012, 06:46 AM
Yes.

buddahson
Sun Apr 1st, 2012, 08:22 PM
I plan on being there as well.

zrouth
Thu Apr 5th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I'll be der

garyC
Thu Apr 5th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Signed up for both days.

buddahson
Wed Apr 25th, 2012, 02:17 PM
So apparently this has been cancelled. Lame. I called and was told it is in fact cancelled for 2012.

spideyrdr
Wed Apr 25th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I was registered for both days and called to confirm the cancellation. Yup, confirmed - no STAR school at HPR this year. I am majorly bummed but don't blame them if the sign-ups were poor.

blaircsf
Wed Apr 25th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Was it just a lack of sign ups? I know last year they weren't sure about the numbers ahead of time but did it anyway. That probably didn't help in the decision making process for this year.

It doesn't seem like there are a lot of schools scheduled this year. There are only two other two day schools on their schedule this year.

r6rammy
Wed Apr 25th, 2012, 06:45 PM
There are only two other two day schools on their schedule this year.

When are those?

blaircsf
Wed Apr 25th, 2012, 06:50 PM
http://www.starmotorcycle.com/events.htm

September 17/18, Ridge Motorsports Park, Shelton, WA
October 22/23, Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, Desert Center, CA

r6rammy
Wed Apr 25th, 2012, 06:52 PM
http://www.starmotorcycle.com/events.htm

September 17/18, Ridge Motorsports Park, Shelton, WA
October 22/23, Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, Desert Center, CA

I thought there were two more two day schools at HPR :(

tecknojoe
Wed Apr 25th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I was registered for both days and called to confirm the cancellation. Yup, confirmed - no STAR school at HPR this year. I am majorly bummed but don't blame them if the sign-ups were poor.

Wow, damnit. I was hoping to go this year

spideyrdr
Wed Apr 25th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I should clarify: I don't know why they canceled. I speculated it was due to a lack of sign ups but I really don't know. My apologies if I came across like that was the reason for the cancellation.

Chief Stinky
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Jason Pridmore ‏ @jp43
@losingmylycosa was so bummed. Love coming up there, High Plains is one of my favs

Jason's active on Twitter, didn't actually confirm low numbers, but see above.