PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. rider

Drano
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:15 AM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/30812893/detail.html

FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- A motorcyclist was killed after being struck by a sports utility vehicle. Colorado State Patrol spokesman, Trooper Nate Reid, told the Coloradoan (http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20120401/UPDATES01/120401001/1002/rss) that a 2002 white Lincoln Navigator was driving west through Poudre Canyon when it crossed the double yellow line and hit the motorcyclist, who was headed eastbound.

Scott Brelsford, from Cheyenne, WY was wearing a helmet when his motorcycle hit the front left part of the SUV. Bresford, 47, died at the scene of the incident, according to the newspaper. The driver of the Lincoln was Collin Claussen, 25, who was alone in the car and was uninjured in the crash.

Drugs and alcohol are not believed to be the cause of the accident, according to the Coloradoan. While we certainly enjoy our spirited rides through the canyons, please be careful. Don't put yourself in a position through the corners that could leave you without room to avoid these idiots, and stay away from that center line!

madvlad
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:03 AM
RIP rider :(

mastap07
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:28 AM
RIP rider...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:43 AM
Chris Sharp and I went up that canyon Saturday and saw that an idiot who looked to be headed Eastbound had flipped his Jeep in the middle of the Eastbound lane in the morning. And then on our way back after haivng to leave Chris's bike up there in Walden with a punctured rear, we came across that M/C accident very shortly after it happened. We saw the damaged SUV and the bike, and, unfortunately, the body under a blanket. I'd like to know the results of all this, as when we went by it it wasn't clear if the SUV or the bike crossed the center. Or, since it's just 1/4 mile or so East of Mishiwauka on the river there, a popular drinking spot for the Hardley boys, if alcohol won't turn out to be a factor. I hope not, and that the SUV driver gets hammered for killing the guy. RIP rider.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:26 PM
Here's a good site I found:

http://www.accidentin.com/colorado_accidents.htm

There's an article on it there.

Question: Nobody has anything to say because he was on a Hardley?

Sully
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:34 PM
saw that an idiot who looked to be headed Eastbound had flipped his Jeep in the middle of the Eastbound lane in the morning.

I saw that Jeep as well and wondered how the hell he flipped on his side?!?! Scary! :bigeyes:

RIP rider

Ghost
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
I saw that Jeep as well and wondered how the hell he flipped on his side?!?! Scary! :bigeyes:

RIP rider

Some idiot managed to flip their Trailblazer on the e470 by my house, and that's a fairly hard thing to do on a highway if you were actually paying attention to your driving...so, again, stupidity is why most accidents occur.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
As many idiots as were out on Saturday I thought it was April Fools day.......but that was Sunday.

Yeah, Chris and I saw you guys on the top East of Cameron. I thought that was you guys. Only one of our bikes made it back that way after Chris got his puncture.

Sully
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
Only one of our bikes made it back that way after Chris got his puncture.

That sucks.. but at least you had someone to warm your tush on the way home! :lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 01:46 PM
That sucks.. but at least you had someone to warm your tush on the way home! :lol:
Yeah, we were "moto-spooning!" :)

Poor chris, I offered to help him go get his bike, but he thanked me and said he had it handled. I called hime the next morning to see if he got home ok.....and he said he got home at 5AM! On retrospect, I'm glad he didn't need me! On a side note, the people at the Shell station there were really cool to us, and let Chris store his tank bag behind the counter. Beware though that they close at 10PM, and as he wasn't going to get there in time, he had the lady hide his tankbag outside for him.

King Nothing
Mon Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
at least 5 fatal parties in four different motorcycle crashes this weekend in our area..... very sad.