PDA

View Full Version : hot tub help

Jesterbass21
Tue Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
Got a hot tub for the new house. I am relatively smart at diagnosing things when I can. My pumps work ie it blows bubbles and stuff but I cant get the heater to kick on. there is a contactor that is not activating and I cant figure out how to diagnose the contactor issue. If anyone kno0ws a bit about hot tubs / electrical could ya lend me a hand?

MetaLord 9
Tue Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Ping Rhino. Not only is he a plumber, he's got a hot tub. I helped him move the fugging thing so I know he's still got it. He had a few electrical issues when he put the tub in too

Rhino
Tue Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:06 PM
I don't know the electrical or computer side of things. Since the tub is 220v, you might check that you're getting full amps to both legs as one runs the heater, the other the pumps.

veteran_80
Tue Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Did you test the load side of your contactor for voltage?

veteran_80
Tue Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:24 PM
If its not there should be some sort of control wire which will close the contactor. Check that voltage as well. If you have voltage on your control wire but no voltage on you load side of the contactor then you prolly have a bad contactor. Kinda hard to guess without seeing it myself.

Jesterbass21
Tue Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:59 PM
there is voltage to the contactor however not to the control wire or any of the other wires going to the contactor. I am not sure what runs the control wire I really dont want to just throw parts at it but it looks like I may have to.

Ezzzzy1
Wed Apr 4th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Whatever you do, do it QUICK!!!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/girls-in-the-hot-tub.jpg

veteran_80
Wed Apr 4th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Not to familiar with hot tubs and their inner workings, but I'd assume the contactor is prolly controlled by a thermostat or maybe a timer?

Penadam
Wed Apr 4th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Some hot tubs have circuit boards which control everything. Possible it's fried.

Jesterbass21
Wed Apr 4th, 2012, 09:16 AM
hmmmmmm ok thanks for all the imput guys I will check the thermostat. and timer out.

mdub
Wed Apr 4th, 2012, 09:31 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/girls-in-the-hot-tub.jpg

runner ups for ms. transgender. that is right do it quick before you change your mind and lose your buzz..

wulf
Wed Apr 4th, 2012, 03:30 PM
im in Greeley and know a bit about those. email me if you'd like