PDA

View Full Version : Brand New CBR929 Stolen and recovered.

GDrider
Sat Jul 9th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Ok, so as many of you know my GSXR is in the shop and i was out of commision. So after checking prices and a bit of bartering and haggling i bought a brand new 01 cbr929 ERION edition. It was still in the crate and had only 1 mile on it.

I was quite excited to have a new bike and the thought of getting back out on the roads while i could still enjoy the summer was exciting. So anyways, after leaving the dealership, i rode over to my insurance and they took pictures, signed papers, etc..I then proceeded to ride my new bike home. After riding it for a grand total of 17 miles and parking it in my driveway i was all set to get up the next morning and take her out to the mountains to proceed with the break-in.

Well next morning around 4:30 am something woke me up, not sure what it was, but i looked out side and my bike was gone!!!

I went outside and just could not believe it. I started to walk around the area and what do i find about three blocks away? My bike sitting on its kickstand with the ignition wires cut and hot wired and a broken screwdriver in the ignition lock.

So anyways, i got the bike back and had to replace the ignition locks, broken windscreen and fix the wiring harness. They managed to scratch the tank as well.

It seems that these hondas have an antitheft system called HISS that prevented them from getting the bike.

What a bitch!! But i got the bike back, and have now did a 520 conversion, frame sliders, new windscreen, and have ordered a new exhaust and matching ERION seat covers.

So this will be my new bike until my GSXR gets out of the shop.

http://www.ryangreene.net/cbr929/cbr929_ignition.jpg

http://www.ryangreene.net/cbr929/cbr929_recovered.jpg

T-byrd
Sat Jul 9th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Wow! That is a good looking bike, congrats on getting it back.

:guns: Thieves!

Tanya

(( LO LO ))
Thu Jul 28th, 2005, 09:39 AM
OMG... I can't believe some fu**ing thief tried to lift your new bike. Oh how I despise these idiots of our society. Let me catch one trying to steal my shyt. I guarantee their corpse will make the 5 o'clock news. I hate thieves with a passion.....

bOOtLeG
Sun Nov 27th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I am glad to hear that you were able to get that bike back.

Airreed
Sun Nov 27th, 2005, 10:52 PM
uhmmmm....way to post after the last post was almost 4 months ago...

This dude has been posting on about every thread tonight????? Is he about to start to sell some stuff....only time will tell.

Bueller
Mon Nov 28th, 2005, 05:24 AM
This dude has been posting on about every thread tonight????? Is he about to start to sell some stuff....only time will tell.

Ya think? :lol: :guns: postwhorin'