PDA

View Full Version : Getting a At Home Auto Damage Estimate?

DemonRider
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Ok; so our lawyer handling Nikki's car Accident has now requested that we find someone to come to our home to get detailed pictures and a full detailed "Estimate" to repair her car. Anyone here do that? Anyone know of any local (Thornton 84th & I-25 area) shops that might be willing to do for free or really low cost? Nikki and I can then begin to attempt to repair it.

Thanks ; Ramon

birchyboy
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I would think that either the estimator for your insurance company or the other person's company would come out and do that. That's how it has worked for me in the past.

DemonRider
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM
We had Liability Only on this car at the time of the Collision ( I know, My mistake) so our insurance is out. There Insurance companies estimate is some what construed at this point since we are going through a battle of Legalities.

Ghost
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Call local body shops. They may charge you to come out, but then you can roll the cost of the estimate into the cost of the repair.

birchyboy
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 12:04 PM
We had Liability Only on this car at the time of the Collision ( I know, My mistake) so our insurance is out. There Insurance companies estimate is some what construed at this point since we are going through a battle of Legalities.

Ah, gotcha. Wish I could help then.