PDA

View Full Version : Painting a Bike

TheJackalGT
Tue Sep 16th, 2003, 01:42 PM
I might paint my bike this summer, does paint stick well to plastic or is there a special type of paint, or is it better to just sand and buff the plastic till its shiny?

Austin

CSUAdam
Tue Sep 16th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Usually you just sand first and then primer the plastic.

Mel
Tue Sep 16th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Go with a high end paint, you will have a much better finish. Also, a good gun (high volume low pressue) will do a lot. I recomend Painters Supply on Santa Fe (across from Grand Prix) - they sell PPG stuff and really do know what they are talking about. They are also quite good at color matching if you are re-painting.
If you are not shooting it yourself, I know a few people who do that type of thing on the side.

TheJackalGT
Wed Sep 17th, 2003, 12:28 AM
well just toying with ideas, its a cbr600 f2 in red/white i thought it ould be cool to polish the wheels, paint it imola red, make a custom headlight with a single projector and HID kit, and maybe the frame although it doesnt show that much on my bike... How much would something that that run? just the farings being painted?

Austin

CSUAdam
Wed Sep 17th, 2003, 04:24 PM
I think my buddy priced the paint for his YZF600R at $130 through House of Color, but I don't know exaclty what he is going to do (something about red with flames or something, I don't know) Anyways, that was just the paint and he did the sanding and priming by himself (only took him an evening to do all the plastic) and his buddy is going to spray it for him.

So, if you have a buddy that can help you with doing the job it's really not that expensive.

cynister_dave
Tue Sep 30th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Give a call we'll we'll hook you up!! 719-572-0449

Ripper
Tue Sep 30th, 2003, 01:32 PM
I know two guy's here in D-town that do incredible work, and very cheap, they're usually around $300 to $350 for a sick paint job!!!

PM me for details

Nick_Ninja
Tue Sep 30th, 2003, 02:03 PM
No need to look further. :D

FITZ GRAPHIX

303-442-4772

Talk to Pete Fitzsimmons

(It's Colorado Power Sports -------- oh well that's another story).
:x