PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the irony.......

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/same-sex-couples-fight-divorce-173918024--abc-news-politics.html

laspariahs
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 03:10 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/same-sex-couples-fight-divorce-173918024--abc-news-politics.html

You've been divorced twice correct, that's the real irony here.

grim
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 03:14 PM

Yea maybe if Frank couldn't have divorced the first time he wouldn't have had to do it the second time. Some people never learn though i guess.

The GECCO
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 03:17 PM

You need to revisit the definition of irony :no:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 03:19 PM
You need to revisit the definition of irony :no:
Ahhh, he's a Boulder liberal........definitions mean nothing to them.......;)

grim
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 03:22 PM

:lol: not definitions just laws.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 03:25 PM
:lol: not definitions just laws.
Well, definitions of things like, I dunno the words "racist" and "irony". The laws, well, that's another story......... :)

Ghosty
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Maryland's highest court is hearing arguments today on the precedent-setting case to determine if same-sex marriages granted in other states can be dissolved in one where the marriage is not recognized.
Well isn't that a conundrum? Wait, did I use that word right? :D Or is "paradox" more fitting?...

Ghost
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Frank's just preparing for when his current partner ends their relationship.

He thought avoiding women was the key to avoiding a 3rd divorce, but...sadly not.

TFOGGuys
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Reminded of the old joke:

If a man and a woman get married in Alabama, and get a divorce in Colorado...

...Are they still brother and sister? :lol:

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Frank hates bitches... :bigeyes:

... and hos! :doublefinger:

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Reminded of the old joke:

If a man and a woman get married in Alabama, and get a divorce in Colorado...

...Are they still brother and sister? :lol:

I'm stealing this.

Filo
Fri Apr 6th, 2012, 07:24 PM
IRONY (n)
1:
a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conspicuous) by adroit (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/adroit) questioning —called also Socratic irony
a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sardonic) literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ironic) expression or utterance

a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play —called also dramatic irony, tragic irony

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Frank's just preparing for when his current partner ends their relationship.

He thought avoiding women was the key to avoiding a 3rd divorce, but...sadly not.
Huh? Hey, just 'cause I have my nutz on Snowman's chin does NOT mean we're in a relationship!:p :)

Ghost
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Huh? Hey, just 'cause I have my nutz in Snowman's chin does NOT mean we're in a relationship!:p :)

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/878915/are_homophobes_just_repressing_their_homosexual_de sires_new_study_says_yes/

Are Homophobes Just Repressing Their Homosexual Desires? New Study Says Yes

It's long been a maxim that the most extreme homophobes are simply acting out to cover up their same-sex desires, but only now has a scientific study come out with proof. A new joint study conducted by the University of England in Essex and the University of California in Santa Barbara will show how homophobia can be a fearful symptom of same-sex desire. The psychology is deep. Raw Story (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/09/study-homophobic-people-likely-repressing-homosexual-attraction/):
“Individuals who identify as straight but in psychological tests show a strong attraction to the same sex may be threatened by gays and lesbians because homosexuals remind them of similar tendencies within themselves,” the study’s lead author, Netta Weinstein, explained.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 01:07 PM
http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/878915/are_homophobes_just_repressing_their_homosexual_de sires_new_study_says_yes/
Hah! That's funny. Don't think I agree with that. I'm sure in SOME cases, perhaps, but certainly not all or even most. I hate roaches and stomp on everyone I find, but that doesn't mean I seccretly want to BE one. Funny article though.....

And, I've also seen studies where the men in prison, the ones big and bad enough to rape other men are not gay, but instead use it as a show of force over the "bitch". Weird thing is, I think my wildlife photographer friend might have stumbled on the root cause of this. He's always out taking pics of animals, and has gotten some really good ones. Anyways, he was watching these 2 male elk fight/spar all day. Finally, at dusk, the slightly bigger, older male had the other one beaten into submission......then he mounted him!:no: The series of photos are pretty dramatic, and, I think, telling. So, my theory about that jives with the prison thing, and what has been written about men raping women. That it's not about sex, per se, but about power and control.

rforsythe
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 01:43 PM
So, my theory about that jives with the prison thing, and what has been written about men raping women. That it's not about sex, per se, but about power and control.

Been watching a bit too much Law and Order lately?

And yes I would agree with that theory, but I don't think it's theory anymore so much as likely a documented piece of criminal psych. But that's just a theory. :lol:

Sleev
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 02:03 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/288/irony.jpg

The Black Knight
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Hah! That's funny. Don't think I agree with that. I'm sure in SOME cases, perhaps, but certainly not all or even most. I hate roaches and stomp on everyone I find, but that doesn't mean I seccretly want to BE one. Funny article though.....

And, I've also seen studies where the men in prison, the ones big and bad enough to rape other men are not gay, but instead use it as a show of force over the "bitch". Weird thing is, I think my wildlife photographer friend might have stumbled on the root cause of this. He's always out taking pics of animals, and has gotten some really good ones. Anyways, he was watching these 2 male elk fight/spar all day. Finally, at dusk, the slightly bigger, older male had the other one beaten into submission......then he mounted him!:no: The series of photos are pretty dramatic, and, I think, telling. So, my theory about that jives with the prison thing, and what has been written about men raping women. That it's not about sex, per se, but about power and control.
I don't know man, I think anytime a man sticks his pee pee in another mans ass, it's gay. Yeah in prison it may be about power and dominance but at the same time, there those guys that do the ass pounding, probably like it or have the tendencies to like it.

I think if they were truly straight and in prison. They would just wait their time and get out, then find a woman. So I think for humans it's about the desire. As for the dumbass bull elk that was mounting the other bull. That would have been the perfect time for him to be lined up in the retical of my scope for an easy shot. :sniper:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I don't know man, I think anytime a man sticks his pee pee in another mans ass, it's gay. Yeah in prison it may be about power and dominance but at the same time, there those guys that do the ass pounding, probably like it or have the tendencies to like it.

I think if they were truly straight and in prison. They would just wait their time and get out, then find a woman. So I think for humans it's about the desire. As for the dumbass bull elk that was mounting the other bull. That would have been the perfect time for him to be lined up in the retical of my scope for an easy shot. :sniper:
2 kills, one shot? :)

Like I said, it was very interesting behavoir, especially since he witnessed everything that led up to it. I don't think the doiminant male elk was stupid, he knew EXACTLY what he was doing, and was using that to put the loser in his place in the herd. I'm surprised that hasn't been documented before.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Been watching a bit too much Law and Order lately?

And yes I would agree with that theory, but I don't think it's theory anymore so much as likely a documented piece of criminal psych. But that's just a theory. :lol:
There are MUCH better documentaries on prison behavoir. I don't watch that at all. But, yes, I'm sure it's been documented before.....what I mean was my theory relating it to the animal behavoir, to link the behavoir, to show that happens in the animal world.

The Black Knight
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 03:47 PM
2 kills, one shot? :)

Like I said, it was very interesting behavoir, especially since he witnessed everything that led up to it. I don't think the doiminant male elk was stupid, he knew EXACTLY what he was doing, and was using that to put the loser in his place in the herd. I'm surprised that hasn't been documented before.
Usually the alpha Bull will keep satellite bulls(smaller, younger) around for his protection. He always lets them come out of the timber with his harem first and then makes sure the coast is clear. You see it a lot during hunting. You'll see some nice bulls hanging around with the herd. But you know the big boy is around and he's usually in the trees. Sit there long enough and you'll see big man come out. Once the rut hits, he starts running off the smaller/younger ones as he's earned the right to mate with his harem. But as far as one bull wanting to hump another bull, never seen it. It was probably his overactive sex drive as the rut was probably going on.

It's like a male dog that still has his balls. They hump everything from pillows, chairs, stuffed toys, the air. I've even seen them get all happy after having some food. Then they just hump the air for no reason HAHA..

grim
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Frank i found the perfect Bike for you to purchase

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nor/2896467643.html

This bike will get you laid. If you ride this bike around Audobon Park at 1 in the morning without pants on, dudes will literally knock you off of your bike to try to blow you.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Usually the alpha Bull will keep satellite bulls(smaller, younger) around for his protection. He always lets them come out of the timber with his harem first and then makes sure the coast is clear. You see it a lot during hunting. You'll see some nice bulls hanging around with the herd. But you know the big boy is around and he's usually in the trees. Sit there long enough and you'll see big man come out. Once the rut hits, he starts running off the smaller/younger ones as he's earned the right to mate with his harem. But as far as one bull wanting to hump another bull, never seen it. It was probably his overactive sex drive as the rut was probably going on.

It's like a male dog that still has his balls. They hump everything from pillows, chairs, stuffed toys, the air. I've even seen them get all happy after having some food. Then they just hump the air for no reason HAHA..
Mmmmm, my buddy who watched the herd all day was very convinced the male did it to put the other in his place.

The Black Knight
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Mmmmm, my buddy who watched the herd all day was very convinced the male did it to put the other in his place.
That may be. I've just never seen it happen.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 04:44 PM
That may be. I've just never seen it happen.
Exactly why I found it so interesting. Perhaps this happens a lot more that was previously thought? Perhaps this is part of the way the dominant male keeps reign on his herd? Man, can you imagine the shame, I mean, the poor loser has to go back to his friends all dejected and cornholed. Man, he'd be the laughingstock of the herd! :lol:

Ghost
Mon Apr 9th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Exactly why I found it so interesting. Perhaps this happens a lot more that was previously thought? Perhaps this is part of the way the dominant male keeps reign on his herd? Man, can you imagine the shame, I mean, the poor loser has to go back to his friends all dejected and cornholed. Man, he'd be the laughingstock of the herd! :lol:

Sounds like somebody spends way too much time picturing gay animal sex & its related social nuances.

mathman1000
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Sounds like somebody spends way too much time picturing gay animal sex & its related social nuances.

:applause:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Apr 10th, 2012, 01:09 PM
....sounds like somebody else just wants to be "mounted" by the winner..... :)