PDA

View Full Version : Dishwasher death

Ghost
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Got home to find that the dishwasher has puked water all over the floor and is sitting idle beeping.

I assume I should start with the drain and go from there?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 12:28 PM
If it's DIRTY water, probably. If it's CLEAN water, check the supply lines. The "idle beeping" comment makes me thing it's a supply side issue and the washer is trying to tell you it doesn't have enough water supply/pressure. :) Sorry to hear it and good luck!

FZRACE97
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I was having visions akin to Maximum Overdrive...

Ghost
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Traced it back to the pipe the washer dumps into, seems that's clogged and so when the washer discharges it's backing up and dumping out the overflow which simply pumps water out into the cabinet under the sink...

Ghost
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I was having visions akin to Maximum Overdrive...

I wish, because then I'd be justified in shooting something.

Moose73
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Run the kitchen sink if it back up out the dishwasher stand pipe it a clog further down the drain pipe and if it don't than the block is in the stand pipe and can be cleared with a little hand snake.

Ghost
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Run the kitchen sink if it back up out the dishwasher stand pipe it a clog further down the drain pipe and if it don't than the block is in the stand pipe and can be cleared with a little hand snake.

Sink backs up out the dishwasher stand pipe. I took everything apart that I could and ran a hand snake through what I could reach, but that's not getting it.

There's a valve off of a 'Y' junction and that seems about as far as the snake can get.

So, the clog must be further down/back to where the pipe runs into the back wall and down.

Ghost
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Meh. Thinking this is past the point where I can fix it...

longrider
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I think we have a plumber on the forum... ;)

modette99
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Burn the house down and get a new one...that fixes everything

Moose73
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Sorry all not trying to be nosing in.
I am a plumber and just trying to help people so they don't
Get ripped. I'm not selling anything just trying to be helpful?

Ghost
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Sorry all not trying to be nosing in.
I am a plumber and just trying to help people so they don't
Get ripped. I'm not selling anything just trying to be helpful?

I've got nothing but Thanks for Moose jumping in and helping me out.