PDA

View Full Version : Small Scale Anodizing

Vitesse304
Wed Apr 11th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Anybody know of a place or anybody that does small scale anodizing or splash anodizing? My Google-Fu is weak and I can only find commercial companies that anodize on a larger scale.

I have a few pieces that I want to try to get anodized to see how they would look!

D_Sp8s
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 08:48 PM
The company we use at work is called Finishing Pro's. They are in the Stapleton area and are pretty big but they might do your stuff. They charge somewhere around $110 per lot. You could probably fit quite a few things in a lot. It might be worth checking them out.

Ezzzzy1
Sat Apr 14th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Vitesse if it were black that you were trying to do I would be in on a few pieces and $

Vitesse304
Sat Apr 14th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the info guys. What I'm looking at doing is actually fly reels. A lot of high end reels like Abel charge an arm and a leg for anodizing. Back in the day when I was playing paintball, I remember getting my cocker anodized for right around $150. I'm hoping there was a shop locally that catered to the paintball crowd that would be able to do a smaller piece like a fly reel.

big53lee
Sat Apr 14th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Ever thought about powder coating?

Vitesse304
Sat Apr 14th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Ever thought about powder coating?

Thought about it...but it might be too thick. I'm even concerned that anodizing might get too thick, so I need to find someone that does a thin layer.

big53lee
Sat Apr 14th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Powder coat can b applied thinly. Some colors will look better. What color u lookin for?