PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here work on jetskis?

Jmetz
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I have a 750zxi that is going to need to be summerized in the near future and also needs the carbs cleaned. While I can generally figure my way around I've never worked with a dual carb setup and would prefer to learn from someone that knows what they're doing. I would be happy to supply beer and have you come out for some lake days when the time comes in return.

Clovis
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I know Jackal (Jackal Motorsports) in Colorado Springs works on snow mobiles. Kind of the same thing!

sprtbkbabe
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I don't work on jetskis, but I'm very highly recommended for drinking beer at lakes with friends ;)

Oh, and jetskiing before I imbibe (mebbe slightly during)

AOK303
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 12:53 PM
i have a hammer duck tape and wd40 i think i can get it to run

Jmetz
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I know Jackal (Jackal Motorsports) in Colorado Springs works on snow mobiles. Kind of the same thing!

Not really looking for a shop.

I don't work on jetskis, but I'm very highly recommended for drinking beer at lakes with friends ;)

Oh, and jetskiing before I imbibe (mebbe slightly during)

I'll keep this recommendation in mind :)

i have a hammer duck tape and wd40 i think i can get it to run

I can get it to run by turning the key. :lol:

AOK303
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 01:09 PM
your loss my duck tape work is amazing =P lol

dragos13
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Summerizing a jetski usually consists of draining out the gas and putting in new gas, changing oil and charging the battery. Who winterized it for you? Usually, they will write down exactly what was done and you just do the opposite.

As for the carbs, is there a reason you are wanting to get them cleaned? Performance issue? I have had my ski for about 5 years (750 SX) and I do the winterize/summerize myself. I have never dug into the carbs though.

Jmetz
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I winterized it, drained, fogged, and stabil.

I had Vickery summerize it last year which was lubing/afjusting the cables, fuel filter, adjusting carbs, etc. I had power issues, (you have to feather the throttle as your getting out of the hole or she dies) and they said the carbs needed to be cleaned. I didn't want to pay their price so I didn't do them at the time.

Keyser Soze
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Seafoam that bish.

Wrider
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Seafoam, or if you bring it down here I'll do it for/with you.

Jmetz
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Might take you up on that.