PDA

View Full Version : Is this fan disrespectful?

bulldog
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 09:05 AM
By asking Rashad Evans to sign a poster that depicted the former Lighheavyweight champion unsconscious, after losing his title to Lyoto Machida. Video here http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/394596/Disprespectful-idiot-fan-turned-away-by-Rashad-Evans/

He refused to sign the picture for the fan, but I really think this fan was trying to be funny anways. I think I would have done the same as Rashad did.

Just something to discuss to see how people feel. Should a sports star be ok with signing a autograph depicting them in a way they may not like; example baseball player striking out, football player tackled and unconsious on floor, olympic star crying after loss, etc....

grim
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 09:08 AM
You want to talk about feelings?

#1Townie
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Haha you said feelings. No really a pro fighter alot of pride in them. I think maybe he should have set it aside and used it as a example. Well all fall but few get back up. He would have had a little more class if he he thought it through a little.

Darth Do'Urden
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 09:12 AM
^^Grim...LOL

Personally I wouldn't have cared. It would only matter to me if it was depicting something that had never happened in the first place. But hey, sometimes you lose. Just sign the damn poster, who cares. I think people take themselves way too serious.

bulldog
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 09:25 AM
I'm thinking people are way to comfortable now because of the law. No way would the fan of done that if he knew he couldn't sue and press charges if Rashad knocked him out.

Who knows, I comes from the old school where you have to be carefull what you say because you may get beat up...

Darth Do'Urden
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Who knows, I comes from the old school where you have to be carefull what you say because you may get beat up...

I come from the mentality that you shouldn't live in fear of saying the wrong thing to the wrong person at the wrong time, else they may beat the shit out of you for it. This does not condone being rude simply for rudeness sake. Again, people take themselves WAY too seriously.

If you can't laugh at yourself, who CAN you laugh at?

Slo
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 09:47 AM
The guy was obviously being an *ss-clown... if it weren't for lawsuits and such, he deserved to get knocked out.

People think that when someone is knocked out, it's no big deal, but it is.... What that guy did is very disrespectful.

We wouldn't goto Rossi with a picture of him tumbling through the air and ask him to sign it.... or better yet, the picture of the crash he had what 4 years ago or so that caused him to lose the championship and Hayden took it.... and ask him to sign it?

bulldog
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I come from the mentality that you shouldn't live in fear of saying the wrong thing to the wrong person at the wrong time, else they may beat the shit out of you for it. This does not condone being rude simply for rudeness sake. Again, people take themselves WAY too seriously.
I suppose, but I have been beat up before and it hurts! :lol:

We wouldn't goto Rossi with a picture of him tumbling through the air and ask him to sign it.... or better yet, the picture of the crash he had what 4 years ago or so that caused him to lose the championship and Hayden took it.... and ask him to sign it? Great point :up:

Ezzzzy1
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 10:08 AM
It was probably recorded by his buddy, meaning it was just done so that they could post it on the internet.

Fags

mdub
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 10:13 AM
yeah he was ...i would've knock'd his ass out....!!!!

dragos13
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I think Rashad should have signed it. Who cares what the pic is, the guy was laughing about it and Rashad should have laughed about it too. Guess I just don't care much for the guy...

~Barn~
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Wouldn't have signed it either. Autograph signing comes with the territory, and without fans, you basicaly don't have anything..... It's those consumers that "keeps the wheels turning" as it were, so yeah, good on Rashad for doing it in the first place. Not all MMArtists do stuff like that.

But yeah... I don't think anybody has to ever feel obligated to do it, especially when somebody is trying to clown you, instead of being appreciative. I hate using this phrase (I really do...) but this guy and his videographer friend are a couple of douchebags. There's really nothing more to it.

Slo
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I am sure he had a conversation with his buddy before he even went there when discussing what "might" happen....

ass clown: hmmm, wonder if he will get pissed.....shit will be funny. Maybe he will blow up and knock me out?

Buddy: yeah, but then you'd get paid anyway

ass clown: I'm willing to get knocked out to get paid.

Mother Goose
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I think Rashad is showing his true colors. If it were me, I would have laughed at it and signed it for the guy. It happened, what are you going to do?

Steve Rapp crashed in my corner during the AMA @ PPIR, I took part of his broken windscreen to him and asked if he could sign it for me. He laughed and said it had to be the first time he has signed a crashed piece.

Samko
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 12:53 PM

If you can't laugh at yourself, who CAN you laugh at?

AAHHH inner city code vs suburban mentality. Hahhaahaha

bulldog
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I think Rashad is showing his true colors. If it were me, I would have laughed at it and signed it for the guy. It happened, what are you going to do?

Steve Rapp crashed in my corner during the AMA @ PPIR, I took part of his broken windscreen to him and asked if he could sign it for me. He laughed and said it had to be the first time he has signed a crashed piece. Another Rashad hater huh! :violin:

Pretty soon he will beat down fake Jon Jones and Jone's true colors will be the one who gets shown :D

~Barn~
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 02:57 PM
$100 says Jones retains.

Ezzzzy1
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 03:01 PM
$100 says Jones retains.

As much as I dont want to see him become the next Silva I think you are right... I like Evans but just dont see him beating Jones.

Jones is in his grove :puppy:

bulldog
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Yeah will be a close one, and too close to bet on for me, but I will be rooting for Rashad!

Oh yeah Barn, my friend's brother, Brendan Shaub fights that night too against fat Rothwell :D

I just don't get how people don't see how fake Jones is! When I hear him talk it radiates from him.

Here is a good interview with them both
Part 1 http://www.fightcove.com/video-ufc-counterpunch-jon-jones-vs-rashad-evans-part-1/

Part 2 http://www.fightcove.com/video-ufc-counterpunch-jon-jones-vs-rashad-evans-part-2/

~Barn~
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 04:34 PM
What I don't get, is what is perceived as "fake" about the guy? :dunno:

- He's very articulate and well spoken.
- He's smashed everybody he's faced (including M. Hamill before the DQ).
- He speaks his mind very openly, including what many perceive as cockiness, but most perceive as confidence.
- Yes, he is super confident but he harps over and over about how he must keep improving and willing to fight anybody.

I personally like Jones a lot. He doesn't easily get emotional in a sport that often does its best to "harvest" emotion from the participants. I like his cerebral approach and I admire it. Like Nate said, the interviews are very telling, I encourage you to watch them. :up:

Bottom Line:
Rashad has an "I've been disrespected" complex that has helped him be a premier 205'er and former champion.
Jones has a "Try me" complex that will probably see him as the greatest 205 Champion of a generation.

I know which one I'd rather have. ;)

~Barn~
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 04:52 PM
:lol: Pay attention to the final 1 minute or so of video #2. John Jones breaks it down like a boss on Rashad. If that isn't the most pure dichotomy of Delusional vs. Confident that I've ever seen, I don't know what is! :lol:

P.S. The beauty of MMA, is no matter what they say or how often they say it....
They still have to fight.
And absolutely anything can happen.

Damn, I can't wait for this Saturday! :rock:

bulldog
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 08:26 AM
What I don't get, is what is perceived as "fake" about the guy? :dunno:

- He's very articulate and well spoken.
- He's smashed everybody he's faced (including M. Hamill before the DQ).
- He speaks his mind very openly, including what many perceive as cockiness, but most perceive as confidence.
- Yes, he is super confident but he harps over and over about how he must keep improving and willing to fight anybody.

I personally like Jones a lot. He doesn't easily get emotional in a sport that often does its best to "harvest" emotion from the participants. I like his cerebral approach and I admire it. Like Nate said, the interviews are very telling, I encourage you to watch them. :up:

Bottom Line:
Rashad has an "I've been disrespected" complex that has helped him be a premier 205'er and former champion.
Jones has a "Try me" complex that will probably see him as the greatest 205 Champion of a generation.

I know which one I'd rather have. ;) Well Barn, as I know you hate to hear, I have the inside information from people that train(ed) with him and know him well. All have stated that he is a "fake" person and what he preaches is not what he actually is. From my experience when numerous people do not like you it is for a reason and more and more people in MMA have stated he is a drama queen, a rat, and don't want to train with him. I won't get into the details because it is all hersay, but when these guys that have had a lot of experience with him state he is just playing this "good guy" for the camera I tend to believe it because it comes from people I respect that have no benefit of making this up. Fighters who were actually part of Jone's camp like GSP, Cowboy, Rashad, Leonard Garcia, Schaub, Shane Carwin, etc all who know this guy better than us it is hard to ignore it. Bottom line is both GSP and Rashad left Jackson's camp mainly because of him. We can't always believe what we see on tv.

All and all I feel I am good at seeing fakeness is people and I came to my own conclusion even before hearing any of this just by the way he acts and how his answers are always so cliche. I also

I respect him as a fighter, but as a person I do not, but that is only my opinion. He is a great fighter though and his wins have proven that! I think in time the truth will come out about him and people will see him for what he is.

Even as a fighter I think his advantage has been his reach and lengthy body. Come on the guy has a 84.5 inch reach for only being 6ft 4...that is a huge advantage!!! He has always had a reach advantage over his opponents so if he gets passed Rashad we will see how he will do against Gustafsson; who by the way is 6'5" (taller than Jones) and still only has a 76.5 inch reach. Jons the long armed freak :lol:

Bad press has been in the lime light with Rashad with this "signing" incident, but somehow people have ignored that Jon Jones has also has his own issue recently.
Now read this interview on Jon Jones:
"But for all his physical maturity, one of the biggest criticisms leveled against Jon is that he is not as mature mentally as he is physically. This came shining through yet again when doing an interview with the popular sports blog With Leather (http://withleather.uproxx.com/2011/07/what-two-mma-stars-would-change-about-mma)." http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/15/2277363/ufc-champion-jon-jones-title-belt

A few more links so you don't think this is one biased opinion
http://www.middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5242:jon-jones-refuses-to-sign-your-replica-belt-because-it-looks-too-much-like-his-own&catid=34:organizations

http://teamtakeover.forum-express.com/t12645-proof-jon-jones-is-a-twat-refuses-to-sign-replica-belts

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Sooooo.... who's ordering the fights? :D

Ezzzzy1
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 08:47 AM
If I can find a picture of you guys you are getting photoshopped in the ring :lol:

LETS GET IT ON!

Jones is a young punk. Thats his number one problem, and the fame of it all doesnt help one bit. Nate is right as far as no one wanting to be around him, I have never seen anything where anyone says anything nice about him except that he can fight.

Here is an interesting article with comments on the upcoming fight from a lot of the top fighters.

http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/16/all-former-ufc-light-heavyweight-champions-weigh-in-on-jones-vs-evans-19925.html

Mixed reviews but I am surprised Evans is getting as much credit as he is from MMAs best. Basically if Evans can take him down or get gloves on his face a lot of people think he can beat Jones.

On a side note, this gave me a boner this morning :king:

http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/03/21/dana-white-confirms-anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen-set-for-80000-seat-soccer-stadium-in-rio-17414.html

bulldog
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Sooooo.... who's ordering the fights? :D Barn and I talked about getting it at his house on Sat, but I will wait to see if he makes this a open invite since he has the new baby and all. Would be a good time....you actually going to show this time Wicky?

bulldog
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 08:53 AM
On a side note, this gave me a boner this morning :king:

http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/03/21/dana-white-confirms-anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen-set-for-80000-seat-soccer-stadium-in-rio-17414.html :up: Can't wait for this one too!

Chael...now talk about another respected fighter who outside of the ring is not so great. Freakin guy should be in prison for insurance fraud and not sure how he bypassed that one. Not to mention his 16:1 testosterone levels he got caught for!

Real Champions act like Anderson Silva and GSP! They make me proud to be a MMA fan!!!!!

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 09:47 AM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/3/23/25938b6b-cfdb-4135-9965-2e1c99451d14.gif

bulldog
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 09:53 AM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/3/23/25938b6b-cfdb-4135-9965-2e1c99451d14.gif

:spit: Bulldog (me) does tend to go around and around in circles arguing with Barn (Brandon)...secretly deep down we both enjoy arguing :D

P.S. You never answered question Wicky if you are down to get together for the fights. Barn has first dibs on getting the fights for us, but if he is not down I am always down to get it at my pad if I can get like 3 others to pitch in for them....damn things are nearly $60 now

~Barn~
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Ha! GSP has always made a habit of traning at different locations, and was training at Tri-Star well before the Jones/Rashad hype ever got going fullsteam. To say that GSP left Jackson's "because of Jones" stinks of B.S. to me. Granted I don't have the same 3rd and 4th party information that you do, but it sounds a little overboard to me.

And yeah... so he's dedicated most of the waking hours of his life toward training and accomplishing goals. Moving up the ranks of the UFC, and eventually becoming one of its champions. Dude doesn't want to sign a replica belt - that's his prerogative. I hightly doubt that he won't sign other types of autographs, and for that matter I actually saw him signing them at the weigh-in in Denver, before his fight with 'Page.

If I spent my life training for the Olympic games, and I achived top-step in my sport, I don't think I'd be too eager to be signing phony gold medals, either. A poster? Sure. A picture? Sure. A T-shirt? Sure. Some accomplishments you're allowed to hold closely and cherish. The truth of a person's genuine feelings, do not always have to be polite or public-serving my friend.

~Barn~
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 09:54 AM
And yes... you flockers can come over on Saturday.

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 09:55 AM
:spit: Bulldog (me) does tend to go around and around in circles arguing with Barn (Brandon)...secretly deep down we both enjoy arguing :D

P.S. You never answered question Wicky if you are down to get together for the fights. Barn has first dibs on getting the fights for us, but if he is not down I am always down to get it at my pad if I can get like 3 others to pitch in for them....damn things are nearly $60 now
I think you 2 just need to make out again and get it over with. :lol:

I never saw the question.... but yeah, I'm in. I've got 5 on it. jk, I has more than 5, just let me know. I'll bring some Miller Light for you.

bulldog
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Ha! GSP has always made a habit of traning at different locations, and was training at Tri-Star well before the Jones/Rashad hype ever got going fullsteam. To say that GSP left Jackson's "because of Jones" stinks of B.S. to me. Granted I don't have the same 3rd and 4th party information that you do, but it sounds a little overboard to me.

And yeah... so he's dedicated most of the waking hours of his life toward training and accomplishing goals. Moving up the ranks of the UFC, and eventually becoming one of its champions. Dude doesn't want to sign a replica belt - that's his prerogative. I hightly doubt that he won't sign other types of autographs, and for that matter I actually saw him signing them at the weigh-in in Denver, before his fight with 'Page.

If I spent my life training for the Olympic games, and I achived top-step in my sport, I don't think I'd be too eager to be signing phony gold medals, either. A poster? Sure. A picture? Sure. A T-shirt? Sure. Some accomplishments you're allowed to hold closely and cherish. The truth of a person's genuine feelings, do not always have to be polite or public-serving my friend.

I like how you always find the one point and go after that and ignore the others. :lol: Yes, Jon Jones was not entirely responsible for GSP leaving, but his diva attitude made it a place where fighters did not want to be around him. Seeing as GSP is friends with Rashad, Carwin, Nate, Schaub, Jardine, Cowboy and Garcia yet none of them like Jones says a lot! Rashad is hurt over loyalty because he claims he NEVER would have fought Jon (he thought they were like brothers); which is not uncommon especially in that camp…Shane, Nate, Jardine, Brendan, Rashad, Cowboy and Garcia have all sworn to never fight each other and to date have not! As those interviews showed Jon and Rashad had this pact also yet Jon went on a national interview and said he would fight Rashad. I could see where a person could get upset over that. I understand it is a sport, but he should not have come in to Rashad’s camp and befriended him with false promises. If Rashad knew he was going to turn, maybe Rashad would not have helped him as much as he did at Jackson’s. Bottom line is Rashad helped make Jackson’s camp and Jons just came in as a follower.

And yes my 3rd part info does state that GSP does not like the guy either!

As for the belt signing, is he really that immature to think a person with a fake belt is really trying to say they are UFC champions. Come on it is a piece of MMA memorabilia just like a picture or shirt. Just shows how into himself Jon is.

Cool, well UFC fight at your house! As you know this Jon vs Rashad fight is not even what I am most excited about. Schaub vs Rothwell is what I mainly care about. Brendan flew out this morning and his brother leaves tomorrow night for it! Him winning is what I care about, but Rashad winning would just be the icing on the cake.

Loyalty! I'd root for this guy even if he lost his next five fights!
http://www.tapology.com/system/headshot_images/929/large/Schaub-Brendan-TUF10-1.jpg?1279900468

~Barn~
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 10:45 AM
If you come over to my house, it's going to be difficult for me not to root for "Big Ben", just to watch you fidget in your seat. :lol:

I keed, I keed..... I'm nearly always in support of homegrown Colorado guys! :up:

bulldog
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 11:02 AM
If you come over to my house, it's going to be difficult for me not to root for "Big Ben", just to watch you fidget in your seat. :lol:

I keed, I keed..... I'm nearly always in support of homegrown Colorado guys! :up: Yeah right, Brendan and his brother are aware you are his #1 hater! :lol: :king:

Brendan comes across as cocky, but I think that is true for most fighters; they have to be in this sport. I think if you met him you would realize he is a down to earth humble guy. The times I have met him I was proudly amazed how he never acted like he was above me or that he was something special. First time I met him the guy even picked up my check for me without me asking and refused my money when I tried to pay for my share of dinner.

~Barn~
Sat Apr 21st, 2012, 04:49 PM
So if anybody is w/out a place to watch the fights tonight, feel free to come on by. Probably best to just call me, rather than PM, if you're not sure how to get here.

If I'm not mistaken, the first fights will be starting in about 13 minutes at 17:00MT (streaming on Facebook). After that it's the televised prelims on FX at 18:00, and then the PPV at 20:00.

I got beer, but more beer is always welcome. As for food, we'll have to do something creative, but there's no shortage of delivery spots.