PDA

View Full Version : Take it easy out there, don't get too excited

Slo
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Just saw a video that is a good reminder about just how easy it is to end your life out there.

Summer is coming up, we are all excited and wanting to get out there. All it takes is one mis-calculation, get distracted, target fixation, gravel and any of the other thousand things that could happen.

Sorry for my preaching....

warning - GRAPHIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeX6t09OThw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Darth Do'Urden
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM
You mean those painted lines in the middle of the road are there for a reason?

Hoot
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 10:14 AM
And that's why they are called brain buckets....

mdub
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 10:16 AM
fker did not lean hard . hahahahh...

Wrider
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Look closely, and it seems he realized he was in too hot, then panicked and got crossed up just before he goes in front of the truck.

mdub
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 10:47 AM
that was not a tight turn. fker just did not stay at his limits. burn in hell muthfker

Jmetz
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 11:07 AM
that was not a tight turn. fker just did not stay at his limits. burn in hell muthfker

I don't think it warrants all that man. The guy made a mistake and paid with his life. Quite brutally at that. I'm sure we've all made a mistake that could've killed us but didn't...

mdub
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Haha. Okay....whatever

Samko
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 12:02 PM

You're evil man. :devil2:

grim
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 12:06 PM

You seriously have a screw loose in your head man.

Filo
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Actually, I think there were 2 people on the motorcycle. I see one go high and to the left wearing something black. I also see something go low on the pavement, wearing white, that bleeds towards the end. Either way (1 person or 2), there is no reason to be crass and superior about it. The rider screwed up and paid the price. I'll condemn them as soon as I stop making mistakes myself.

Clovis
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 12:25 PM
^^^ This

mdub
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 12:33 PM

mayby ,,but doubt it...i've seen alot of f-up stuff...stuff like that happens everyday. I see where u are coming from. we value life highly here. maybe i have traveled quite a bit around the globe that death does not phase me anymore. ...watcha gonna do??? cry about it? be vulgur , as i did ? so what... life goes on....

Mother Goose
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 12:57 PM
The guy was trying to pass a scooter in his lane, so he swerved, but there was a truck in the way. :D Too soon?

mdub
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM
bingo!!!

Sleev
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 07:43 PM

http://www.ratemyfunnypictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/how-people-act-on-the-internet-2-640x925.jpg

mdub
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 07:49 PM
yeah i was mild mannered when i got the csc stickers from you..

Jmetz
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 08:18 PM
mayby ,,but doubt it...i've seen alot of f-up stuff...stuff like that happens everyday. I see where u are coming from. we value life highly here. maybe i have traveled quite a bit around the globe that death does not phase me anymore. ...watcha gonna do??? cry about it? be vulgur , as i did ? so what... life goes on....

"Well, let me tell you something. Human life means very little to me at this point in time. You see, I thrive on misery. In the jungle, misery's all you got. But things are different back here in the world, or so they seem. Nobody wants to talk about pain and suffering. Everybody wants everything to be nice and civil."

mdub
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 08:55 PM
What?

Filo
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 09:08 PM
What?
Here, let me google that for you...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Well%2C+let+me+tell+you+something.+Human+life+m eans+very+little+to+me+at+this+point+in+time.+You+ see%2C+I+thrive+on+misery.+In+the+jungle%2C+misery %27s+all+you+got.+But+things+are+different+back+he re+in+the+world%2C+or+so+they+seem.+Nobody+wants+t o+talk+about+pain+and+suffering.+Everybody+wants+e verything+to+be+nice+and+civil.

Wait for it and you will learn...

mdub
Fri Apr 13th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Oh ....how wonderful.

zrouth
Sat Apr 14th, 2012, 08:01 PM
A man posts a video where a Motorcyclist loses his life and instead of people taking it to heart it turns into a pissing contest about some guys morals. Welcome to the internet.

Ghost
Sat Apr 14th, 2012, 11:24 PM
A man posts a video where a Motorcyclist loses his life and instead of people taking it to heart it turns into a pissing contest about some guys morals. Welcome to the internet.

Welcome to CSC.

mdub
Sun Apr 15th, 2012, 07:09 AM
If your gonna ride like an idiot . You die as an idiot. Now let's go do wheelies on 25.

Slo
Sun Apr 15th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Or.....that so called idiot could have made a simple mistake which caused him/her their lives. There are idiots out there, but there are also good people; parents, someones child, brother/sister, or friend that die.

People are going to ride they way they do....but no matter how carefull you are, things will happen.......just want to give a reminder at how simple life can be lost on two wheels.

~Barn~
Sun Apr 15th, 2012, 02:00 PM
fker did not lean hard . hahahahh...

If your gonna ride like an idiot . You die as an idiot. Now let's go do wheelies on 25.

I've met you in person and I enjoyed our conversation. But the more you write on the forum, the more difficult of a guy you are to take seriously.

It is too bad it's getting the best of you. =\

madvlad
Sun Apr 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Or.....that so called idiot could have made a simple mistake which caused him/her their lives. There are idiots out there, but there are also good people; parents, someones child, brother/sister, or friend that die.

People are going to ride they way they do....but no matter how carefull you are, things will happen.......just want to give a reminder at how simple life can be lost on two wheels.

Yep, the crash will happen when you least expect it

mdub
Sun Apr 15th, 2012, 02:53 PM
i obviously rub alot of you the wrong way in regards to this thread. i apologize for my choice of words, which that is all they are. You all really take this social media waaay tooo seriously. I do not. But then you sit back and say to yourself why would i write such distasteful words. That is just my point of view. If you cannot accept that in this forum of all places i shake my head at you.....Let the unfriending commence.

WolFeYeZ
Sun Apr 15th, 2012, 02:56 PM
http://www.ratemyfunnypictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/how-people-act-on-the-internet-2-640x925.jpg

Yup

~Barn~
Sun Apr 15th, 2012, 03:11 PM
i obviously rub alot of you the wrong way in regards to this thread. i apologize for my choice of words, which that is all they are. You all really take this social media waaay tooo seriously. I do not. But then you sit back and say to yourself why would i write such distasteful words. That is just my point of view. If you cannot accept that in this forum of all places i shake my head at you.....Let the unfriending commence.

Nah.... The CSC isn't really like that. Those of us that would simply "unfriend" and move along, would likely do it without a word publicly or perhaps after a high-intensity flame fest. (If you're like me and have lots to say.)

But having been on here as long as I have, I'm pretty confident speaking for most, that we would just as soon "preserve" friendships with one another and do our due diligence to - maybe not think alike and agree 100% of the time - but to let one another know that we do value them and that we appreciate their participation; even if what our tendancies to say (read: type) seem mildly lacking in taste. There's no reason for you to apologize to any of us for anything, I think maybe you just need to realize that we're actually listening.

At the end of the day we may all be far more familar with one another "on the screen" than we ever will be with one another "on the road", but when the two worlds are able to transition as seemlessly as possible, it makes (me personally at least) feel like we've accomplished something. After all, isn't that part of the reason why each of us has sought out the brotherhood of motorcycling-come-internetforum together in the first place? :dunno: Taking it seriously isn't a put-down, I think it's an elevation.

Vellos
Sun Apr 15th, 2012, 08:30 PM

This is the most pathetic thing I've ever read.

Hoot
Sun Apr 15th, 2012, 09:19 PM
This is the most pathetic thing I've ever read.

Read more?

~Barn~
Sun Apr 15th, 2012, 10:30 PM
:lol:

ATL
Sun Apr 15th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Threads like this remind me why I added "mdub" to the ignore list long ago.

RIP rider :(,
-Chris

Bueller
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Threads like this remind me why I added "mdub" to the ignore list long ago.
-Chris
+1
Unfortunatly people quote him.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Wow....that was ugly. Too late now, but if he couldn't make the cornner, he should have swerved completely across the outside and missed the truck and just gone off into the bushes. RIP.

Samko
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Look closely, and it seems he realized he was in too hot, then panicked and got crossed up just before he goes in front of the truck.

Back to the accident. Can we maybe have thread with accidents where we could analyze the accident ? Come to conclusion and learn from it . Senior riders should have final word.

In this video since there were two people I think maybe passenger was not experienced and got scared, did not lean with which caused them to go wide. My ex did similar think to me couple of years ago.

Wrider
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Back to the accident. Can we maybe have thread with accidents where we could analyze the accident ? Come to conclusion and learn from it . Senior riders should have final word.

In this video since there were two people I think maybe passenger was not experienced and got scared, did not lean with which caused them to go wide. My ex did similar think to me couple of years ago.

Didn't enlarge it so I didn't see the passenger. Had a passenger of my own try to do this to me the other day. Resulted in me pulling over, talking to her about it, and didn't happen again. She just didn't realize she was doing it.

cbrjohnny
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 08:33 AM
i dont even want to watch this vid... this kind of thing makes me pinch a new button hole in my computer chair!

as far as mdub's comments go... fuck off asshole!

some of us have had friend die on 2 wheels here and sure maybe there was some kind of mistake made by them,,, we dont know... just that they dont show up for group rides or anything else anymore! so if you think your being funny or a tough guy your not! just an idiot as far as i can tell.

Vellos
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 08:34 AM

Pretty much any accident posted here gets analyzed. Unfortunately seeing something in low quality, behind a semi, and coming towards it doesn't yield enough information about what had gone wrong other than the rider was in the wrong lane at a very bad time.

He could have been avoiding something in his lane earlier, or might have been a mechanical failure too. There's no way to know what actually happened, which is why people like mdub, who make assumptions and blast a dead person with insults, are the true scum of the Earth.

There are three things I see viable that could have helped the rider and passenger.

1. Going slower with a passenger.
2. Wearing more gear.
3. Running off into the grass.

RIP

HOTCARCASS
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Random feelings of compassion for a life lost is as vulgar if not more vulgar than random feelings of disregard. These two people may of just blown up an orphanage and been fleeing the scene. I personally hate when people act like they give a shit about something or somebody they know nothing about. I am conflicted though because I always feel bad when you can see the moment when life is lost, always. I don't have to really know somebody to care that they died. It must be a flaw where the survivor in me has been dulled or mental weakness. If you are used to seeing people die, people you know, that in it's self is a tragedy. I don't know you Mdub but most people are not used to seeing people die. It is an extraordinary event to most of us. Sorry it’s not for you. Please keep speaking your mind your way! That is what a forum should be!
RIP Riders

mdub
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
as far as mdub's comments go... fuck off asshole!

oh yeah...hahahah ...deserving thanks.

I don't know you Mdub but most people are not used to seeing people die. It is an extraordinary event to most of us. Sorry it’s not for you. Please keep speaking your mind your way! That is what a forum should be!

Yes HotCarcass I will.

Jmetz
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 12:23 PM
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Random feelings of compassion for a life lost is as vulgar if not more vulgar than random feelings of disregard. These two people may of just blown up an orphanage and been fleeing the scene. I personally hate when people act like they give a shit about something or somebody they know nothing about.

So if I should come across you down somewhere I should either keep going or stop to piss on you, because I don't know you and for all I know you're fleeing the scene of a mass murder?

I don't know you and have no ill will towards you so don't take my statement as such. It's a statement of what I get from yours.

Ghost
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Meh. This thread is yet another CSC masterpiece...

Do I know those riders? Nope.
Do I actually care about them as much as someone I do know? Nope.
Do I still feel that their loss is unfortunate? Maybe.
Do I know enough about the situation to make a decision about who is to blame? Nope.

So, I don't necessarily feel sympathy for the dead.

Yes, they're riders, and I'm a rider, so we have that in common.
But, I'm not sure that's sufficient to really forge a sense of loss.

I can see their deaths as poignant reminders that this sport is deadly, but don't we already know that? Maybe a few people aren't aware, but if you're the kind of rider who ignores the dangers and deadly nature of riding, then these videos won't move you to be a better/safer rider.

I've had real friends killed riding--and those were people I knew, people I cared about, and people who will never again go ride with me, or bullshit about life, play COD, go skiing, shooting, etc. I can miss and feel loss at their deaths because I knew them. I can't feel much sense of loss for people I didn't know.

I suppose their deaths are a blow to their friends and families, but that doesn't affect me anymore than the X-thousand people who will die today of whatever other causes. Maybe someone slipped and died in the shower--I shower, should I feel sympathy? Someone will definitely die in a car accident today--I drive, should I feel sympathy? Why are dead riders supposed to immediately engender sympathy? Is it because in watching them die we see that we can meet the same fate? Is that all it takes?

I don't think they "deserved" to die as Mdub claims, since I don't know them, don't have anything against them, and as far as I can tell they did no "wrong" and (probably) are only guilty of making a mistake and paying the ultimate price for it.

But, maybe some people need to distance themselves from what they saw and what they do and thus they need to blame the victim for doing something "stupid" that they "deserved" in order to separate that event on tape from events/mistakes they've made or make while riding.

But, while I don't think mdub's comments are any kind of heroic championing of Free Speech here on the forums, I also don't agree with (or fully believe) the outpouring of sadness at the loss of people no one knew.

But, those are both side issues to the reason this thread was started (or so I see it)--

Slo posted that vid and this thread in the hopes that maybe a brutal reminder of how deadly our chosen hobby is will make people think twice about doing something stupid, or, at least, maybe it will make people pay more attention while riding--alertness, good gear, and riding within our limits are the only ways to really reduce our chances of getting killed.

So, I appreciate Slo's message, and I applaud him for trying to raise awareness in those who don't recognize how deadly this sport is and/or remind those who may have forgotten.

But the incessant bickering is missing the entire point of this thread...which is typical of any post on CSC...

Slo
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Slo posted that vid and this thread in the hopes that maybe a brutal reminder of how deadly our chosen hobby is will make people think twice about doing something stupid, or, at least, maybe it will make people pay more attention while riding--alertness, good gear, and riding within our limits are the only ways to really reduce our chances of getting killed.

So, I appreciate Slo's message, and I applaud him for trying to raise awareness in those who don't recognize how deadly this sport is and/or remind those who may have forgotten.

Exactly my point.... many of us get excited, including myself. This wasn't originally for any outpouring of emotion, just to give us a reminder at just how simple things can happen in life, especially on two wheels.

Samko
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Testosterone VS Estrogen
I think dubz test runs little higher .
Again gated suburbs vs inner city .
Killing and eating a lamb vs corn flakes

Ezzzzy1
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Meh. This thread is yet another CSC masterpiece...

Do I know those riders? Nope.
Do I actually care about them as much as someone I do know? Nope.
Do I still feel that their loss is unfortunate? Maybe.
Do I know enough about the situation to make a decision about who is to blame? Nope.

So, I don't necessarily feel sympathy for the dead.

Yes, they're riders, and I'm a rider, so we have that in common.
But, I'm not sure that's sufficient to really forge a sense of loss.

I can see their deaths as poignant reminders that this sport is deadly, but don't we already know that? Maybe a few people aren't aware, but if you're the kind of rider who ignores the dangers and deadly nature of riding, then these videos won't move you to be a better/safer rider.

I've had real friends killed riding--and those were people I knew, people I cared about, and people who will never again go ride with me, or bullshit about life, play COD, go skiing, shooting, etc. I can miss and feel loss at their deaths because I knew them. I can't feel much sense of loss for people I didn't know.

I suppose their deaths are a blow to their friends and families, but that doesn't affect me anymore than the X-thousand people who will die today of whatever other causes. Maybe someone slipped and died in the shower--I shower, should I feel sympathy? Someone will definitely die in a car accident today--I drive, should I feel sympathy? Why are dead riders supposed to immediately engender sympathy? Is it because in watching them die we see that we can meet the same fate? Is that all it takes?

I don't think they "deserved" to die as Mdub claims, since I don't know them, don't have anything against them, and as far as I can tell they did no "wrong" and (probably) are only guilty of making a mistake and paying the ultimate price for it.

But, maybe some people need to distance themselves from what they saw and what they do and thus they need to blame the victim for doing something "stupid" that they "deserved" in order to separate that event on tape from events/mistakes they've made or make while riding.

But, while I don't think mdub's comments are any kind of heroic championing of Free Speech here on the forums, I also don't agree with (or fully believe) the outpouring of sadness at the loss of people no one knew.

But, those are both side issues to the reason this thread was started (or so I see it)--

But the incessant bickering is missing the entire point of this thread...which is typical of any post on CSC...

:up:

Funny how thoughts are conveyed online and when you know someone personally (instead of who you think they are) it changes things a bit.

One could argue that if you are in the lane of oncoming traffic essentially you "deserve" to get hit :dunno:

grim
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 01:33 PM
:up:

Funny how thoughts are conveyed online and when you know someone personally (instead of who you think they are) it changes things a bit.

One could argue that if you are in the lane of oncoming traffic essentially you "deserve" to get hit :dunno:

Maybe not "deserve" to get hit but you surely accept the outcome and consequences for making such a maneuver.

Ezzzzy1
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Maybe not "deserve" to get hit but you surely accept the outcome and consequences for making such a maneuver.

If I was standing in front of someone hitting golf balls I would deserve to get hit by one.

I guess maybe the word "deserved" when put into context should probably have something to do with intent. He didnt deserve to die because it was an mistake that placed him in the oncoming lane.

On the other hand, you "deserve" anything that you know not to do. If you know you shouldnt be in front of someone hitting golf balls and you get hit, you deserved it. Im guessing the rider knew he shouldnt have been in the oncoming lane.

Hmmm.... Thats a deep little question there. I will tackle it tonight:siesta:

Ghost
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 02:06 PM
On the other hand, you "deserve" anything that you know not to do. If you know you shouldnt be in front of someone hitting golf balls and you get hit, you deserved it. Im guessing the rider knew he shouldnt have been in the oncoming lane.

"Deserve" implies moral intent and forethought--if you punch someone you deserve to get punched back.

If you're merely on the wrong side of the road then you don't deserve to get injured/killed as you didn't intend a (morally) wrongful action, you just messed up and shouldn't be surprised/should expect to be in a dangerous position.

English leads us to use "deserve" but the word itself carries moral connotations that the actions don't merit in this case.

HOTCARCASS
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 02:17 PM
[/QUOTE]
So if I should come across you down somewhere I should either keep going or stop to piss on you, because I don't know you and for all I know you're fleeing the scene of a mass murder?

I contradict myself on this issue, sorry. I personally am not strong enough to be that cold. I would always stop to help you. Even if I knew you wanted to die and you drove in front of the semi on purpose. The death in the video looks intentional to me, IMO. Even if we were in battle and you were shot and killed I would not leave you the way I would leave my enemy on the ground I would pick you up. Even if you stood to catch a bullet on purpose. If you passed me by on the road and yelled "you deserve to die" and I was in fact alive then I would disagree. If I were in fact dead then I would agree and still look after you as a fellow rider from above. Like I said, I’m flawed. If you pissed on me and I was alive then I would grab a hold of your pecker rip it off your body and feed it to the circling vultures. I don't know you and mean no ill will toward you. That is what I would do if in fact you pissed on me soon after a crash. Oh yeah I am more aware of the dangers of ridding (to stay on topic). Honestly bringing new life into the world has made me more aware of all the potential risks that surround me on a daily basis then watching life pass.

I don't know you and have no ill will towards you so don't take my statement as such. It's a statement of what I get from yours.

mdub
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 02:50 PM

....i'm the same muth-fker as i ever was.....

Jmetz
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I contradict myself on this issue, sorry. I personally am not strong enough to be that cold. I would always stop to help you. Even if I knew you wanted to die and you drove in front of the semi on purpose. The death in the video looks intentional to me, IMO. Even if we were in battle and you were shot and killed I would not leave you the way I would leave my enemy on the ground I would pick you up. Even if you stood to catch a bullet on purpose. If you passed me by on the road and yelled "you deserve to die" and I was in fact alive then I would disagree. If I were in fact dead then I would agree and still look after you as a fellow rider from above. Like I said, I’m flawed. If you pissed on me and I was alive then I would grab a hold of your pecker rip it off your body and feed it to the circling vultures. I don't know you and mean no ill will toward you. That is what I would do if in fact you pissed on me soon after a crash. Oh yeah I am more aware of the dangers of ridding (to stay on topic). Honestly bringing new life into the world has made me more aware of all the potential risks that surround me on a daily basis then watching life pass.

Understood. And I agree with the last statement. When I had my kids I quit riding until last year.

HOTCARCASS
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Saying he didn't deserve to die if in fact he wanted to would be un true. My three sons have given me more reason to back off the gas and be careful eating peanut butter and to watch my step in the shower etc. then anything else. My oldest son just turned 16 and has been going on rides with me. It is a whole new ball game when your kid is tailing you. I watched my wife wad her ninja last summer. i thought she was killed at first. As her leader I was responsible for her life and fucked up and nearly got her killed. It is so important to have a clear understanding for how fragile life is before you ride. Because there can be nothing of the sort on your mind while ridding. I watched the video purely to remind myself of the fear I should have built into my personal limit meter.