PDA

View Full Version : Riding in Utah

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Hey Folks,

My buddy is getting married in Sept, and i've been lucky enough to be put in charge of handling the bachelor party. So heres the deal, my buddy wants to do a 4 day weekend in Vernal, UT, w/ Camping, mtn biking, rafting and dirt biking. I've never ridden my dirt bike out of state...both the bikes we have are plated for Colorado...I remember seeing on ADV Rider that in Moab, you must have some other type of oHV pass? Does anyone know about this? Is this just for Moab, and will we be okay in Vernal? We are going June 1st so i've got a little bit of time, just want to make sure we are legal.

thanks in advance.
Travis

Sean
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I'm not 100%, you may want to post up on ADV, but I think if the bike is plated, you are okay. If it's not plated, you need the sticker.

Again, not 100% sure.

cbrjohnny
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 08:36 AM
you can check in with the local USFS office and im sure they will give you the info you need.

mathman1000
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Been stopped on the white rim trail by the NPS folks; all we needed was proof of insurance, plates, & registration.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 10:41 AM
cool...thanks for the info!

Bertha
Mon May 14th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Just got back from riding in Moab this weekend. If you have plates, insurance and registration you should be fine, if you're on a oHV ONLY bike *Motocross* then you'll need to pick up a non resident oHV sticker. It's only 30$ or the ticket is $44, your choice.

http://stateparks.utah.gov/ohv/out-of-state-registration