PDA

View Full Version : [Downtown] Bike Nights at The Walnut Room starting Wed May 9th!

UglyDogRacing
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM
http://uglydogracing.com/images/bikenight/2012/2012_WalnutRoomBikeNight.jpeg

Zenshu
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Is hooters not doing them in conjunction with the walnut room this season? I haven't heard anything about the hooters bike nights.

UglyDogRacing
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Is hooters not doing them in conjunction with the walnut room this season? I haven't heard anything about the hooters bike nights.

Hooters never did them in conjunction with The Walnut Room.

madvlad
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I'll be there if my side work doesn't reach me by today.

Ghosty
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I'll be there if my side work doesn't reach me by today.
Next Wednesday 6/13 right? I'll be there too. What color R1? Jacket/Helmet? (no a/s/l, no dogs on a scooter, no homo, LOL!)

Side-note: Can't find info about any Hooters 2012 bike nights in Colorado...

madvlad
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Oh nvm, I dk why I was reading June 9th (which is the 6th tomorrow lol)... I am tired... I'll be on a charcoal R1 white Suomy lid and yellow/black/white Yamaha jacket. I'm a short brown dude so can't miss me lol

GuitarX
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Next Wednesday 6/13 right? I'll be there too. What color R1? Jacket/Helmet? (no a/s/l, no dogs on a scooter, no homo, LOL!)

Ghosty, from what I know Grand Prix used to sponsor the bike nights at Hooters. They've switched over to having them at Li'l Ricci's. I believe they are going to sponsor one big bike night at Hooters with the bikini contest, etc. sometime later this summer.

Owen_R6
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Damn...not gonna make it

class from 6-10 on tues/wed/thurs :(

UglyDogRacing
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 01:50 PM

Hooters never did their own bike nights. Usually it took a shop to sponsor it like I did with the Lakewood location and Grand Prix in 2009-10 and Fay Myers and I at the Parker Rd location last year. Fay's and myself decided not to go back to Hooters due to the distance so we are at The Rock now. The Lakewood location is a haul for Grand Prix and the turnouts dwindled end of last year and the first one this year. Lil' Ricci's is much better for them and they are owned by the same group that owns Hooters so everyone is happy.

Ghosty, from what I know Grand Prix used to sponsor the bike nights at Hooters. They've switched over to having them at Li'l Ricci's. I believe they are going to sponsor one big bike night at Hooters with the bikini contest, etc. sometime later this summer.

Maybe you'll get yourself another helmet...

Ghosty
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Nice, thx for the update. Looking forward to the next GP Lil' Riccis meet, since I missed the last one.

UglyDogRacing
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 10:12 AM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/bump.gif This Wednesday night.

Hyde
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Sounds fun! I just moved here so I'll be the one standing around aimlessly. ;)

Mother Goose
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Sounds fun! I just moved here so I'll be the one standing around aimlessly. ;)
We should be on the patio, just yell out that you're the new girl. :lol:

TransNone13
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I'm going to represent CoSprings this week :).

sciroccojoe
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I may try and make an appearance at this being that i dont know anyone in colorado. of course i'll probably get lost in denver on the way there

mdub
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 07:50 PM
hit up mybackhurts he is in your next of the woods. see if he wants to go. he has made friends here.

AOK303
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 07:55 PM
bike should be done so i should make it... anyway to change the tittle so they know its this week

Chaos
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I'll be there, seeing as how this is literally less than a mile from where I live. So I might as well!

DemonRider
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Never been to a Bike Night yet, maybe I should go hmmmmmm... I have to check ;)

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks everyone for coming out last night. It was a great time and congrats to everyone that won the track days, super street vouchers and Walnut Room gift certificates. Sorry I am unable to give away a helmet or a scooter but apparently not all of you need that type of allurement in order to come out and have a good time. :)

Mother Goose
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I'd rather win track days than a helmet any day!

Sully
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 09:51 AM
People won stuff? Damn, where was I? :cry:

Reyven
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I'd rather win track days than a helmet any day!

I would +1 on this, but I have yet to win :D

So.... I would just like to win.....

Ghosty
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 10:13 AM
WolfEyez won, so he gave me his two extras. With three tickets I came within one number several times, but no dice! :(

Mother Goose
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 10:20 AM
JJ had about 8 tickets in hand and didn't win shit! :lol:

Sully
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Where/when were these said "tickets" distributed? FAIL! :wtf: lol

:up: to the WINNERS!

Mother Goose
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 10:45 AM
At the bar in the meeting room.

Ghosty
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 10:54 AM
And the guy came out to the patio and gave 'em out too.

Ghosty
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 12:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/popcorn.gif

bulldog
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Don't forget Jim (Uglydogracing) basically started these bike nights. All these other places just jumped on the bandwagon when they saw how popular they are. Many other places didn't want us and Jim put in the hardwork to get them to have these bike nights. Just saying :dunno:

Mother Goose
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I don't think the Walnut Room bike nights have anything to do with Fay. I think it's just the Nut hosting something along with the MRA meeting.

tecknojoe
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Fay sponsored the walnut room thing last night? I thought it was only MRA?

Tylar
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks everyone for coming out last night. It was a great time and congrats to everyone that won the track days, super street vouchers and Walnut Room gift certificates. Sorry I am unable to give away a helmet or a scooter but apparently not all of you need that type of allurement in order to come out and have a good time. :)

Thanks for setting it up. I missed having the entire parking lot blocked off, but get why that's prohibitive to the rest of the Walnut's clientele. Also, quite excited about my raffle win.

First time i actually ate at The Walnut...the thin crust was quite tasty.

Ghosty
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM
First time i actually ate at The Walnut...the thin crust was quite tasty.
+1 thanks MRA/UDR, excellent evening. Loved my Pizza Bianca "white pizza", incl. that crispy crust. Will definitely be going back, especially if they have some good live bands.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Awwwww....

Somebody's all butt hurt and ghey over the fact other people have opinions that might not agree with their own. Don't ask for opinions if you can't handle it Jim. Some of us actually have a brain that allows us to think for ourselves. By the way, when I answered your question about the giveaways I thought you were seriously asking for input and I was very non-confrontational about it and just gave my simple opinion. I was just trying to be helpful as I know you put a lot of time and effort into these bike nights. Thank you very much for that (in case I never thanked you personally before).

Just so you don't forget what I said, I'll repeat it. Fay's has mega bucks and they can afford to give away something nice now and then (helmet or otherwise). And they certainly don't give us good deals on bikes/gear at the shop. Forget the whole helmet thing...The Rock doesn't even reserve parking spots or tables for us. What the fuck is that all about? Why should I spend my money there and reward them for that? Next time, I'll eat somewhere else and reward them by ordering a glass of water. If it wasn't walking distance from my house I wouldn't even waste my time.

No offense to Fay's btw, because the employees they have hosting the event are all really cool people and it's nice of them to take the time to do this. The free t-shirts and other goodies are nice too and just fine in my book.

If the bike night were put on by a charity or by the CSC or MRA of course we wouldn't expect giveaways. But if a business is going to be given free advertising through this, they should earn it. Especially a big corporate type of business like Schomp. A mom & pop business can't always afford things like that which is completely understandable. I don't even care about the helmet, I'm just saying it's the principle of the whole thing.

I would never have said a word if you didn't ask for opinions. And I would never have said *another* word if you didn't keep harping on it. Get over it, and next time don't ask us what we think if you can't handle it.

Wanna fight?

:slappers:

madvlad
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Them fighting words jimmy! Haha, chill out fellas.

asp_125
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 04:23 PM
:horse:

Quit hogging the popcorn, ghosty!

UglyDogRacing
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Bike Night at The Walnut Room this Wednesday!

BC14
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 11:25 AM
:up:

RajunCajun
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I plan to attend....:hibye:

UHATEIT
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 01:09 PM
subscribing for this one too, sounds like a good place to roll too. Any specific time people tend to roll in?

RajunCajun
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Anyone meeting up before to ride down there?

UHATEIT
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I wanted to go to this but it is a long drive for me through traffic during the week. Am I correct that they have raffles or something since people are talking about tickets and drawings?

RajunCajun
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I saw nothing of the sort last night. There were maybe 20 bikes there and no organization of a bike night. Unless I missed something, it was just a few peeps showing up on bikes to drink and eat seperately. Unless I have a few more friends going, I don't know if I'll go back.

BC14
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Jim came out and gave out some vouchers and tickets after the MRA meeting. I enjoyed the company and pizza, so that's why I went.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I saw nothing of the sort last night. There were maybe 20 bikes there and no organization of a bike night. Unless I missed something, it was just a few peeps showing up on bikes to drink and eat seperately. Unless I have a few more friends going, I don't know if I'll go back.

So what you're saying is that unless an establishment has an organized event with raffle tickets and doorprizes being given away, you won't go?

Jim came out and gave out some vouchers and tickets after the MRA meeting. I enjoyed the company and pizza, so that's why I went.

Glad you had a good time. I wish I had more to give away. I was late so there no drawing. Hopefully we can make up for it next time.

Ghosty
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 01:55 PM
No, I don't think that's what he's saying. Maybe RC didn't see that all the MRA guys were in that back room and the rest of the place just seemed like any normal night? Just a guess...

RajunCajun
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 02:02 PM
So what you're saying is that unless an establishment has an organized event with raffle tickets and doorprizes being given away, you won't go?

Jim, sorry if I came off like that and it was a good time. I guess I was expecting a much bigger event, as far as turnout.

I said nothing of the sort. I did, however, try to answer the question, to the best of my knowledge, that there weren't any raffles going on, which I really don't care much about. I don't even register because I am cursed with never winning anything. If I would have said that, then I would have said that.

I only knew a few people there and it just didn't seem very social. Maybe it was a smaller crowd compared to normal. But,,,, most of my buddies that I was hoping would be there, weren't. I didn't mean to dog the event at all and appreciate it's organizers,, but I do have the right to say if I had a good time and if I thought it was worth the drive.

Sorry for bieng negative Nancy!

RajunCajun
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 02:08 PM
No, I don't think that's what he's saying. Maybe RC didn't see that all the MRA guys were in that back room and the rest of the place just seemed like any normal night? Just a guess...

Ninja'd! Haha! Yeah, that's it. I saw Jim ride up from my table outside but looked and couldn't find him so I just left. Bummer, I guess I should have read the FB Invite more closely.

bulldog
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 02:16 PM
May be because this title says May 9th and only way to know it was last night is to pull up this old thread and read the dates.

Jim, just a suggestion but you may want to create a new thread for each night or at least modify the old one's thread date heading.

Saying this because I didn't even know one was on yesterday; thought people were just jacking a old thread....

Jmetz
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Personally I won't be showing up unless there's clowns giving away balloons.

Ghosty
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Ninja'd! Haha! Yeah, that's it. I saw Jim ride up from my table outside but looked and couldn't find him so I just left. Bummer, I guess I should have read the FB Invite more closely.
Werd, I'm an airhead and need the thread title updated with the lastest dates, like Bulldog said. :)

UglyDogRacing
Mon Aug 6th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Bump!

jplaice
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 07:02 AM
So I'm a new member and was thinking about going to this tonight. It says there are two locations on their website. Is there a particular one that people prefer and is anyone going to go check this out?

madvlad
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 07:08 AM
The one they go to is:

Walnut St. 3131 Walnut Street Denver, Colorado 80205 (303) 295-1868 ph

UHATEIT
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I may go to this, is anyone else going to this as well?

Bueller
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Probably going for the MRA meeting.

Sully
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Going to try and make it.. depends on how my day progresses..

WolFeYeZ
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Im in and sounds like Damir might be too.

jplaice
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 01:43 PM
The one they go to is:

Walnut St. 3131 Walnut Street Denver, Colorado 80205 (303) 295-1868 ph

Thanks, I think I'm going to head there myself tonight. Going to make my profile picture of me and the bike so people can spot me. My name is Joel

UHATEIT
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I'm pretty sure I will show up during the timeframe you guys are there. Need to meet more local riders so I have options for weekend rides when I'm bored!

Zviffer
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Pre-ride if anyone is interested: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47611

WolFeYeZ
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks, I think I'm going to head there myself tonight. Going to make my profile picture of me and the bike so people can spot me. My name is Joel

Come say hi to me when you are there, long hair college student on the blue R6 in my signature.

madvlad
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I'm out, forgot about training tonight. They're teaching gun self defense and its damn fun so can't miss that! Have fun everyone!

jplaice
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Anyone from the South side of Denver meeting up and heading up for this?

UHATEIT
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 09:59 PM
got caught up at the pet store and had a coworkers happy hour to go to I forgot about and missed it tonight. But hey I am from the southside of Denver and will cruise to this next time!