PDA

View Full Version : Anders Breivik murdered 77 people in Norway and faces...21 YEARS??!!

Vitesse
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 11:43 AM
A few excerpts from the article....

- Militant Anders Behring Breivik admitted he killed 77 people in a massacre last July, but said he was pleading not guilty on the first day of a trial

- Breivik shot most of his victims several times, often using the first shot to take down his target then following up with a shot to the head. His youngest victim was 14.

- If found guilty and sane, Breivik faces a maximum 21-year sentence.

Full article here..http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/16/11220262-anders-breivik-to-norway-court-i-killed-77-people-but-am-not-guilty?lite

Anyone else find this sickening?!?!

Ghosty
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 12:09 PM
That's disgusting, I hope to God that's 21yrs for each killing! Nazi pig. If not, then doesn't totally surprise me. White power and far-right extremism is alive, well, and thriving in Scandinavian/North.European countries especially, even in Russia. The economy and flood of immigrants all fuel it, exact same thing that fuels American sentiments towards Mexican illegals. Believe it or not, there is widespread mainstream sympathy for this guy, "behind closed doors" of course, in those Aryan countries who perceive themselves as threatened.

Ghost
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 12:12 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/16/world/europe/norway-breivik-trial/index.html

Norway has no death penalty, abolished it in 1979, some say that encouraged the rampage since he knew there wasn't really any punishment for his actions.

Fwiw, I do find 21 years a laughably light sentence, and if anyone deserves to die, I think he definitely does.

rforsythe
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 12:17 PM
That's disgusting, I hope to God that's 21yrs for each killing!

No, total. It's a facet of the laws there, I read it somewhere else but don't recall the specifics. From the article though: "If found guilty and sane, Breivik faces a maximum 21-year sentence but could be held indefinitely if he is considered a continuing danger." Interesting, they give him a max jail sentence but can still hold him on the pretense that he's likely to do it again. That's one definite difference to US law.

Also...
"Your arrest will mark the initiation of the propaganda phase," he wrote in a manual for future attackers, part of a 1,500-page manifesto he posted online, according to Reuters. "Your trial offers you a stage to the world."
In a recent letter seen by Norwegian newspaper VG, Breivik added: "The court case looks like it will be a circus ... it is an absolutely unique opportunity to explain the idea of (the manifesto) to the world."

So fantastic that he wrote a 1,500 page manual of dickheadery for other dickheads to follow. :roll:

Ghost
Mon Apr 16th, 2012, 12:22 PM
So fantastic that he wrote a 1,500 page manual of dickheadery for other dickheads to follow. :roll:

Mein Kampf certainly seemed to be the original manual of evil for evil assholes. Hopefully this one doesn't catch on like its sentiment did in 1939...