PDA

View Full Version : New Army grooming standards

Think
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I agree with some of these, but a lot of these are pretty ridiculous and cannot even be remotely enforced.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/04/army-new-tougher-hair-tattoo-makeup-regulations-among-pending-changes-041412w/

Ghosty
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Wow, did a 3rd grader do that guys' tattoos with a crayon? (No offense to his service to our country though.) I do appreciate the Purple Heart, fallen soldiers, etc. Just looking at it from an artistic standpoint, looks kinda botched.

Also, what kinda fruitcakes have they been enlisting that they had to make a new rule outlawing nail polish on men?...

salsashark
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 09:06 AM
WHAT?!

No grills?!!!! damn yo :lol:

Although, I completely agree with this guy.

“You chose to join the Army,” Chandler said. “The Army didn’t choose to join you.”

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Wow, did a 3rd grader do that guys' tattoos with a crayon? (No offense to his service to our country though.)

I think I saw Dutch's signature on it....

salsashark
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I think I saw Dutch's signature on it....

DOH!!!

One step below Butters :lol:

LambeauXLIV
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
shaving during leave? good luck

Hoot
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 09:39 AM
WHAT?!

No grills?!!!! damn yo :lol:

Although, I completely agree with this guy.

I do too, except that they joined when one regulation was in place, not while this new list was created.

Overall I agree, just when he makes a
Statement like that he leaves himself open for that criticism

Think
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 09:43 AM
shaving during leave? good luck
Yeah, that one really bothered me. As long as it's nothing illegal, what I do or how I look on leave should not be regulated by the Army.

salsashark
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I do too, except that they joined when one regulation was in place, not while this new list was created.

Overall I agree, just when he makes a
Statement like that he leaves himself open for that criticism

Yes, but policies get changed all the time. People need to deal with it.

I work as a contractor on Buckley. As a contractor, we have the ability to see through the 3 year job assignments of the base command. They come and go, but we're still here.

Every time a new base commander comes on, they implement whatever policies they want. Then when they leave, the next guy comes in and changes them. Every one, in turn, has to change their behaviors to match.

Prime example: hi-vis gear for motorcycle riders. We used to be able to wear contrasting colors, then vests only at night, now vests all the time... They rewrite that policy every few years and change it up... It sure as hell didn't help me this morning when the lady pulled out right in front of me and never looked my way.

grim
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I didn't see anything different in there from when i was active duty.

Ezzzzy1
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 11:48 AM
"Men will be prohibited from wearing cosmetics, to include nail polish"

Oh this is a random one... Now that dont ask dont tell is gone the wheels are falling off the gay pride soldier. We will see how long it takes for someone to ague "equality" on this one.

3D
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 12:22 PM
The Army or Military in general tries to regulate what one person can or can't do a little too much in my opinion. This is the biggest reason I decided to get out when I had the chance. If what I do with my spare time doesn't affect my work performance in any way, mind your damn business. :guns: