PDA

View Full Version : U turn....

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 01:37 PM
http://www.dpccars.com/motorcycle-12/04-13-12page-Truck-makes-a-U-turn-in-front-of-motorcycle.htm

salsashark
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 01:44 PM
WHAT?! No drama, screaming, tantrums, gore, fighting, taunting???

this will not deliver a typical CSC thread...

3D
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Seems kinda set up to me.... The driver didn't even flinch while watching the guy on the bike close in. :dunno:

Ezzzzy1
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Rider was a lot nicer than I probably would have been...

First bike accident I was in was because of a car doing a U turn on Broadway. Slammed on their breaks and flipped a bitch. I was able to swerve around them but clipped the rear bumper with my left leg and knee.

Have seen a few accidents caused by U turns as well. People dont understand the danger of them.

Jmetz
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 01:54 PM
That was waaaay avoidable. I was actually surprised he didn't start slowing down as you could see this coming a good ways back.

brennahm
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Something tells me the rider was speeding a little, we gotta remember it's hard for cars to judge our speed to begin with.

Also, I didn't know WR250r/x's went that fast! :)

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM
WHAT?! No drama, screaming, tantrums, gore, fighting, taunting???

this will not deliver a typical CSC thread...
Give it a minute... :king:

Ghost
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 02:16 PM
I had a minivan do that to me once, and I was definitely in a worse mood about it than that guy.

Clovis
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Do a lot of 500 mile day trips and this happens at least once per day :)

Matty
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 03:06 PM
that happened to me back in 'o4. except for it was an F-150 and i was on my 600rr. oh and i couldn't stop in time and went, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... over the trucks hood!!!

grim
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 03:23 PM
that happened to me back in 'o4. except for it was an F-150 and i was on my 600rr. oh and i couldn't stop in time and went, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...... over the trucks hood!!!

Was that going through your head "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"?

modette99
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Had this happen many times, one of the early times I tossed the girlfriend off the bike and chased the lady (she had done it on a blind corner in her red SUV)...but she panicked and hit 100mph when she saw I was following which I gave up and stopped and called 911 who said they send someone her direction. I have no clue if they did.

Just had someone 2 weeks ago on a trip to Moab (not the latest) do a U-turn on Onion Creek Rd on a blind corner. And then just looked at me and told me to go around them.

Worst time was in IL in some back ass town. Girl in front decided to turn on her right turn signal but then swing and do a U-turn I came a few inches from hitting her. Her response was "why were you going around me"...she was totally clueless. I told the guy in the passenger seat to get out, he was screaming and I just egged it on by calling him a dumb redneck. He never got out, and she claimed she would call the cops...I never did get stopped *shrug* So I guess they never called, not sure what they were going to say, we did an illegal U-turn and this guy had a few words with us...although I had fun calling her a fat ass (probably why the guy was ticked).

I slow way down, I see a truck do that like in the video I am going very slow to figure out what they are doing. In fact being on a Dual Sport now I would be ready to just go around in the grass and call it a day. It does seem staged though. As for speed I been on roads like that in TN...going 80mph is not a huge deal, neither is going 10mph and clogging the roadway. Depending where it was, that could be a 55mph zone or a 25mpg PA roadway...LOL

crypto0793
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Wow that was a pleasant meet

Wrider
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Definitely a lot nicer than I probably would have been.

crypto0793
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Thats for sure

mdub
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 06:30 PM
narrow road like that,,,trk in front. gotta slow dwn to see what their up to...bike knew he was in the wrong "ish awl good...huh huh..." that bald headed dood was out there to dump a body....hehehe.....he gave that kid a look....."you guys are luckee i need to find another spot to dispose hmmm hmm. Kid had a scared tone in his voice as well. Let this guy go before he kills us....that was some deep Dolores county kinda woods...

mastap07
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 09:17 AM
what a nice young fellow... so considerate :)