PDA

View Full Version : Buffett family wins lottery

Ezzzzy1
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 05:21 PM
It has taken a while but the Buffett family will finally get their dads money!

"So um dad, the will is done and im in it, right?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/17/warren-buffett-cancer-prostate_n_1432689.html?1334698260&ncid=webmail1

Ghosty
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I'm fairly certain his entire family "won the lottery" a LONG time ago, lol. Regardless if he's dead or alive. Also, I read earlier that his prostate cancer wasn't then usual life-threatening type.

Ezzzzy1
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 11:16 PM
I'm fairly certain his entire family "won the lottery" a LONG time ago, lol. Regardless if he's dead or alive. Also, I read earlier that his prostate cancer wasn't then usual life-threatening type.

Its long been rumored that he doesnt give his kids a dime. He has always focused on them making their own money and teaching them what he knows vs. giving him the money he has.

My point was that when he dies is when they get their money. Last I heard Warren was the 3rd richest person in the world. Now divide that up by 3. So now instead of 1 person being worth 55 BBBillion you now have 3 people worth 18.3 BBBillion each.

Thats like winning the lottery to me :lol:

On a side note, Buffetts philosophys always ring in my head. If you heve ever read any of his books you know he is a different person than the media paints. A lot of him is misunderstood and therefore he is misrepresented a lot of the time. Im 100% positive that one of the hardest things in this world it to make an honest buck. While a lot of people would dissagree I think this crazy ass country could stand to learn a lot from him. I know that wont happen, as people would never be happy with regression-even if it meant getting on the right path, but its worth thinking it could be done if it were done the right way.

Honestly Buffett is seriously the type of person that could sit down with anyone and change their mind about thinking (and if you were open minded enough it would be for the good). I respect that. I wish more people were like this.

"His 2006 annual salary was about $100,000, which is small compared to senior executive remuneration in comparable companies.[69] In 2007 and 2008, he earned a total compensation of $175,000, which included a base salary of just $100,000.[70][71] He lives in the same house in the central Dundee neighborhood of Omaha that he bought in 1958 for $31,500, today valued at around $700,000 (although he also owns a $4 million house in Laguna Beach, California).[72] In 1989 after having spent nearly 6.7 million dollars of Berkshire's funds on a private jet, Buffett sheepishly named it "The Indefensible". This act was a break from his past condemnation of extravagant purchases by other CEOs and his history of using more public transportation."

Ghosty
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 08:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/werd.gif

Very well stated, I agree. Also, never knew that about his kids, that's very cool.

salsashark
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Its long been rumored that he doesnt give his kids a dime. He has always focused on them making their own money and teaching them what he knows vs. giving him the money he has.

My point was that when he dies is when they get their money. Last I heard Warren was the 3rd richest person in the world. Now divide that up by 3. So now instead of 1 person being worth 55 BBBillion you now have 3 people worth 18.3 BBBillion each.

Thats like winning the lottery to me :lol:

On a side note, Buffetts philosophys always ring in my head. If you heve ever read any of his books you know he is a different person than the media paints. A lot of him is misunderstood and therefore he is misrepresented a lot of the time. Im 100% positive that one of the hardest things in this world it to make an honest buck. While a lot of people would dissagree I think this crazy ass country could stand to learn a lot from him. I know that wont happen, as people would never be happy with regression-even if it meant getting on the right path, but its worth thinking it could be done if it were done the right way.

Honestly Buffett is seriously the type of person that could sit down with anyone and change their mind about thinking (and if you were open minded enough it would be for the good). I respect that. I wish more people were like this.

"His 2006 annual salary was about $100,000, which is small compared to senior executive remuneration in comparable companies.[69] In 2007 and 2008, he earned a total compensation of $175,000, which included a base salary of just $100,000.[70][71] He lives in the same house in the central Dundee neighborhood of Omaha that he bought in 1958 for $31,500, today valued at around $700,000 (although he also owns a $4 million house in Laguna Beach, California).[72] In 1989 after having spent nearly 6.7 million dollars of Berkshire's funds on a private jet, Buffett sheepishly named it "The Indefensible". This act was a break from his past condemnation of extravagant purchases by other CEOs and his history of using more public transportation."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/werd.gif

Very well stated, I agree.

Agreed...

There are numerous interviews with Warren Buffett and Bill Gates and how they plan on donating their fortunes.

here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwdpmnPLgp4

Ghosty
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 09:15 AM
People use to love to bag on Bill Gates for "stealing Windows ideas" and making kazillions in profits, but the Bill & Melody Gates Foundation is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) private philanthropy in the world. It's amazing what they do, and should make people feel a little better about all those years we spent $100 a pop on a new Windows, heheh. They are heros for good, in my book.

modette99
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 09:40 AM
People use to love to bag on Bill Gates for "stealing Windows ideas" and making kazillions in profits, but the Bill & Melody Gates Foundation is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) private philanthropy in the world. It's amazing what they do, and should make people feel a little better about all those years we spent $100 a pop on a new Windows, heheh. They are heros for good, in my book.

Yeah, and if I recall without watching the video posted earlier the Gates's will leave a little money to their children but most upon death will go to Charity.

Probably the same with Warren Buffett too. So no it won't be $18 billion each for 3 children but probably a few million each with the bulk going to the Gates's charity.

Also a side note is Bill Gates has created 1,000's of Millionaires if I recall right because of Microsoft and a few Billionaires.

The ensuing rise of stock in the company's 1986 initial public offering (IPO) made an estimated three billionaires and 12,000 millionaires from Microsoft employees

asp_125
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 09:57 AM
It's good that their kids aren't growing up with that skewed sense of entitlement that plagues many families today.

Dietrich_R1
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM
It's about that time again where I have to go bitch at my parents for not being rich!!!!

Dag-nab-it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ezzzzy1
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
It's good that their kids aren't growing up with that skewed sense of entitlement that plagues many families today.

BINGO

D-White
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 03:59 PM
It's good that their kids aren't growing up with that skewed sense of entitlement that plagues many families today.His kids are grown and on their own paths.