View Full Version : best place for ass

AOK303
Tue Apr 17th, 2012, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWH_QiXw5n4&feature=relatedhttp://
Never mind i figured it out Oi

So i just got my bike back its been away for 4 months
I rode about 9.5k last year and rod in 01 for 3000k

My bike was lowered when i bought it and i mean LOW like 3 to 4 inches
I put the stock link in for I am too tall for it to be lowed, now when i sit on the bike the stance feels off like my cent of gravity when i hit a turn

How close should i be to the tank, or any other quick tips so i have a starting point i know i just need to ride and i will be ridding,

Im pretty sure i have a bad poster habit due to how i rode all last year

stubbicatt
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 12:35 AM
?

madvlad
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 01:01 AM
How tall are you dude? Also due to the fact that you're used to the bike cornering when low it throws you off being back at OEM height.

mdub
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Go view the zrouth video repost.

Cornfed
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 05:06 AM
I finally got what your heading means. Very clever, but maybe think about renaming it. This is a great post that could benefit alot of us but Im guessing most wont click on it in fear that the boss might be watching.

asp_125
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 06:29 AM
#worsttitleever. :/

PunyJuney
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 06:51 AM
1. Call the god of suspension, Dave Rose at STM in Fort Collins. Get your bike set up so that it's geometrically correct for your height and weight. 2. Then go take the Abate Advanced Riders class and learn how your body and bike should be working together with a professional coach watching and correcting you.

At minimum buy the book Total Control and look at the pictures. It's not just your ass.

vort3xr6
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 06:59 AM
lol. Anybody else laugh when Toby Moody started talking?

BC14
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 07:40 AM
1. Call the god of suspension, Dave Rose at STM in Fort Collins. Get your bike set up so that it's geometrically correct for your height and weight. 2. Then go take the Abate Advanced Riders class and learn how your body and bike should be working together with a professional coach watching and correcting you.

At minimum buy the book Total Control and look at the pictures. It's not just your ass.
Great advice right there.

dragos13
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Did you adjust the front? Usually when someone lowers the rear the forks are also dropped. I bet now that your rear is up, you need to bring the front up on the forks. Find someone with a stock bike, or go into a dealership and check out where the forks line up with the triple.

As for the question about the tank, stay atleast 2-3 inches away from your crotch and the tank. Too many people ride flush up against the tank and your bike won't like it.

Cornfed
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Did you adjust the front? Usually when someone lowers the rear the forks are also dropped. I bet now that your rear is up, you need to bring the front up on the forks. Find someone with a stock bike, or go into a dealership and check out where the forks line up with the triple.

As for the question about the tank, stay atleast 2-3 inches away from your crotch and the tank. Too many people ride flush up against the tank and your bike won't like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWH_QiXw5n4&feature=relatedhttp://

Mother Goose
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 08:37 AM
lol. Anybody else laugh when Toby Moody started talking?
http://gallery.popmonkey.com/d/27040-2/070720_misc_045.jpg

mauser72
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 08:53 AM
+1 on the front suspension height if you raised the rear but kept the front low you will overload the front tire and wash out as for body position I stay all the way up against the tank this allows you to use the tank when stopping hard not your arms (thus reducing fatigue and improper input into the bars) it also helps keep the front wheel down when accelerating hard.

AOK303
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Yeah maybe not the best title sorry about that if anyone is offended i do appologes
if an admin would like to rename it i would be ok with it cant from my phone

ill check the fork tuning today
will try butt placement other wise it was good to be on two wheels again
If anyone else has some tips ill gladly take them

i am 5'9ish 180pds fully clothed with helmet

Ghosty
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 09:17 AM

Noted, thanks.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Re: Best place for ass.

Columbia????:dunno::lol:

mdub
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 10:41 AM
CL?

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 05:55 PM
#worsttitleever. :/

Seriously!

I am so fucking disappointed at the OP! :hibye:

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Re: Best place for ass.

Columbia????:dunno::lol:

Nah. Your GF will find out.

Ghost
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 06:38 PM
It's not just your ass.

It's your jeans. They make your ass look fatter than it is.

Ghost
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 06:40 PM
And that video looks like the worst PSA ever. Between the dialogue and the annoying Korean subtitles, I gave up on it and whatever mystical secrets it holds...

PunyJuney
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 09:13 PM
It's your jeans. They make your ass look fatter than it is.

WHAT????

Ghost
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 09:46 PM
WHAT????

'Your' in the chain of quotes would be referring to AOK ;)

madvlad
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 09:54 PM
WHAT????

It's all about the bootay haha

Ghost
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 10:02 PM
It's all about the bootay haha

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1gSIbAl9jIlT4iJ9nm7NacRAcwzpVQ a8dvAQcCxfLhHgdD05kf7693YAc

All yours.

madvlad
Wed Apr 18th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Thats just too much, I was talking more about the lines of Sofia Vergara or Stacy Keebler lol

AOK303
Thu Apr 19th, 2012, 12:38 AM
hahaha oh man i had to look in mirror after finishing that