PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Sport Bike lineup

Ezzzzy1
Sun Apr 22nd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Cool to see them all together. What is Kawasaki thinking? lol

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1yzab2/:1-G56gbpc:IuHTQgHq/blog.motorcyclecenter.com/2011/12/12/2012-street-bike-lineup/937/

Moose73
Sun Apr 22nd, 2012, 08:38 PM
I think I like the KTM the best looking and would have to say the Kawasaki is my least favorite. Nice post Thanks

tecknojoe
Sun Apr 22nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
I rode the KTM a week ago and it's more fun than a sledgehammer to the dick

However, the article is misleading by using the dry weight. I believe it's 435 wet

fasterlaster
Sun Apr 22nd, 2012, 08:46 PM

I would classify nearly everything as more fun than a sledgehammer to the dick, but that KTM is a sweet piece of machinery.

madvlad
Sun Apr 22nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Hmmm Agusta :devious:

3D
Sun Apr 22nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
Not a fan of the ZX14. The KTM is one sexy mo' fo'. As is the MV.

mxer
Sun Apr 22nd, 2012, 09:55 PM

So it sucked??

mdub
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:44 AM
Thatsa not 12 Honda.

From a distance the ktm looks good, the deep seat is a deal brker for me.

tecknojoe
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
So it sucked??

nah it was fucking sick. go ride one if you get the chance

mastap07
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:01 AM
siiiick

AOK303
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 08:22 AM
im with Vlad that bike is sexy

Vance
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 09:37 AM
Well considering I'm hopefully going to be in the market next year... though likely not in the 1000cc+ market unless something changes... based on those bikes I still (I can't believe I'm saying this) HATE the GenIII Aprilia looks, and think the Honda is just getting fugglier and fugglier.

Strangely I'm kind of digging the Yami's looks except those ridiculous sized cans. Can they not learn anything from Ducati, Triumph, and MV and tuck them under properly? What is with that??? Sheesh.

And that BMW, now that I've seen one in person, is REALLY growing on me. It would require a serious paintjob to be acceptable, but still... growing.

Where is the ZX-10 and the GSXR to compare to the pack?

And... where is the sub 1000cc comparison?

All in all - REALISTICALLY - I think I'm still gravitating most heavily towards a new Daytona 675, new or used Ducati 848, or possibly a used (or still new as there are some lingering about dealers) '08 / '09 Aprilia RSV Factory...

Though the spousal unit apparently really digs the Hayabusa - much to my surprise.

Ghosty
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Just talking about looks, my favorites are the Duc, MVA, & BMW, wow. *drool*

Crazy price on that MV though, ouch. Looks beautiful in white. I'm still on the fence with the R1 bugeyes. I know it's a small thing, but some days I hate it, other days they're ok looking, in the right color.

Samko
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 11:41 AM
2012 zx10= 211hp
2012 zx14= 197 hp wtf ?

Ghost
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
2012 zx10= 211hp
2012 zx14= 197 hp wtf ?

Either emissions or difference in testing.

Most manufacturers don't publish their hp figures, so the listed ones are usually from magazines who don't all use the same dyno.

mxer
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
2012 zx10= 211hp
2012 zx14= 197 hp wtf ?

Check out the torque on that mofo

sag
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:58 PM
the zx14 is hitting that number to the wheel from what ive seen. the zx10, i assure you, is not. also i wouldnt trust any of these figures considering they didnt even post the right picture for the honda.

Sarge
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
BMW
/thread

Ezzzzy1
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
I say we all agree that Kawasaki plain has their heads up their asses :lol:

Whoever designed the ZX14 should be shot.

kawasakirob
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:40 PM
The 14R! " The Busa is dead" is what magazines are reporting, as well with a new updated frame and some electronic goodies. Ricky Gadson clocked a 9.43 in the 1/4 on a stock but lowered 14R. Thats good stuff. The mags were also reporting that at the speed limiter...it LUNGES straight into it at 186 although, the flames are a little dorky in my opinion. The 14R"s a good cross country missile with good enough handling to not get spanked too bad in the twisties by everything else. My touring bike of choice. The busa has been dethroned. The RC8 wouldnt be bad for a sporty,rather it then a Panigale any day. Seems though thats its due for an update

Ezzzzy1
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:48 PM
The 14R! " The Busa is dead" is what magazines are reporting, as well with a new updated frame and some electronic goodies. Ricky Gadson clocked a 9.43 in the 1/4 on a stock but lowered 14R. Thats good stuff. The mags were also reporting that at the speed limiter...it LUNGES straight into it at 186. The flames are a little dorky though. The 14R"s a good cross country missile with good enough handling to not get spanked too bad in the twisties by everything else. My touring bike of choice. The busa has been dethroned. RC8 wouldnt be bad for a sporty though. Rather it then a Panigale any day, seems though thats its due for an update

I will agree that the numbers are impressive but have you seen it!?! :puke:

I am surprised that they didnt get Don Johnson to be the face of the new "Testarossa" bike :lol:

Ghosty
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 08:40 PM
...also i wouldnt trust any of these figures considering they didnt even post the right picture for the honda.
Yeah, factory reported HP is usually overrated, and usually at the crank, not the rear wheels. And obviously corrected for altitude, or only at sealevel (like Japan is). Yami rates the R1 at around 185chp. Articles I've read about the BMW putting down 190whp is just damn amazing! I'd love to see what it really puts down at a local dyno. Whatever it is, I'm sure the TCS comes in handy, heh.

kawasakirob
Mon Apr 23rd, 2012, 09:43 PM
I will agree that the numbers are impressive but have you seen it!?! :puke:

I am surprised that they didnt get Don Johnson to be the face of the new "Testarossa" bike :lol:

No I havent! I went to a dealership and they had sold their two examples already:applause: The blue version looks pretty good, its not kawasaki green or anything but the candy blue looked great on my 9. The candy green, looks good...but with flames:no: Remember when the Busa came out though? It looked weird...which was kind of cool, especially when someone hopped on it and giggled under their helmet for their entire ride. That thing was/is iconic...and stupid fast, which is seriously mind altering that some other machine has come along, and will stomp the busa into the ground. Gives me the stink eye!:wtf:

Don Johnson, the Nash Bridges guy who drives the Hemi?

stubbicatt
Tue Apr 24th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Neat bikes one and all.

Slo
Tue Apr 24th, 2012, 11:02 AM
the zx14 is hitting that number to the wheel from what ive seen. the zx10, i assure you, is not.

+1, especially the US restricted ECU's here for the ZX10r, falls on it's face up top, doesn't hold the power, it actually loses power.

#1Townie
Tue Apr 24th, 2012, 11:31 AM
The ktm does look sick.

GuitarX
Tue Apr 24th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I think I like the KTM the best looking

that KTM is a sweet piece of machinery.

Hmmm Agusta :devious:

The KTM is one sexy mo' fo'. As is the MV.

:up::headbang::cheers:

Ghosty
Tue Apr 24th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Dunno how widespread this con-rod bolt issue is, but here's the 65-page thread on the BMW S1kRR forums:

http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/bmw-s1000rr-general-discussion/12500-2012-recall-65.html

<sorry if repost> What a shame, after these guys paid $16k+ for each bike, ouch. BMW is going to make an official announcement within a week I heard. Huge company, we'll see how they handle this...

hardhitr
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
i dont like some of the visual changes made to the 14. however, the mechanical changes are all GREAT. dual fans, re-directed airflow, traction control, more power, list goes on. but lets face it. their paint/color schemes have sucked. only decent paint job for the 14 was the 09 Special Edition, orange and black.