PDA

View Full Version : Justice for Trayvon = Kill whitey?

Clovis
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 11:02 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/justice-trayvon-alabama-man-critical-condition-mob-beating-053222142.html

‘Justice for Trayvon’: Alabama Man in Critical Condition After Mob Beating

Mobile police need your help to catch a mob that beat Matthew Owens so badly that he’s in critical condition.
According to police, Owens fussed at some kids playing basketball in the middle of Delmar Drive about 8:30 Saturday night. They say the kids left and a group of adults returned, armed with everything but the kitchen sink.

Police tell News 5 the suspects used chairs, pipes and paint cans to beat Owens.

Owens’ sister, Ashley Parker, saw the attack. “It was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed.” Parker says 20 people, all African American, attacked her brother on the front porch of his home, using “brass buckles, paint cans and anything they could get their hands on.”

What Parker says happened next could make the fallout from the brutal beating even worse. As the attackers walked away, leaving Owen bleeding on the ground, Parker says one of them said “Now thats justice for Trayvon.”

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/6D0CDVXF0N3TIBupmihp6w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTE5MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/TheBlaze/Matthew-Owens.jpg

A witness who wants to remain anonymous describes what he says he heard at his front door Saturday night, on Delmar Drive. ”I just kept hearing him screaming, ‘Man, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, man don’t do this,’ ” he recalls.

On the other side of that door was Matthew Owen, who, police and neighbors say, was being beaten by a group of people. The weapons? Bricks, bats, even a paint can.
At first, when he heard his friend at the door, the man thought it was a joke. ”Then I saw about 10 to 15 people from little kids and women with dresses to adult men, just flooding onto the property, surrounding the car, hollering and screaming,” he says. “And then I heard Matthew saying, ‘ I’m sorry, man, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.’ And then, the next thing, before I could get to the door, because we have it all deadbolted and everything, and before I could get it open, I heard all the beating and banging.”

Even family and friends of Matthew Owens admit there was some tension on this street before Saturday night’s event. And they say a lot of this has to do with basketball. Relatives of the victim, who live on the street, say local kids often block Delmar Drive when they play basketball. They say it’s lead to some confrontations. Racial comments from both sides may have made the confrontations more toxic.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 11:07 AM
This is just the beginning............... :roll:

grim
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Oh my god seriously come on!!!!!!!!!!

Look at where this happened, DEL MAR shit like this goes down every day in that neighborhood, but because the statement "Justice for Trayvon" comes up and its a white man getting beat by a group of black people there needs to be a public outcry and everyone needs to see what is happening.

The media is doing all of this on purpose its just a matter of who see's what they are doing and who doesn't.

bulldog
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 11:10 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/matthew-owens-beating-hate-crime-trayvon-martin-alabama_n_1452096.html

The mayor of Mobile, Ala. said Tuesday that the brutal beating of Matthew Owens was not a hate crime, as new details emerge implicating the victim as the instigator.
About 20 African American adults beat Owens into critical condition on Saturday night (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/24/justice-for-trayvon-beating_n_1449159.html?ref=crime) after an argument between the victim and some kids at a local basketball court, witnesses said.
One person claimed that Owens spewed racial slurs at the group and even pulled out two knives, according to WPMI. (http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Mayor-Police-Delmar-Beating-Not-A-Hate-Crime/sZA4gRm-_kmh8Jx-OhV-ig.cspx)
"It was like kitchen knives," witness David Dinkins told the station. "They were long."
Another witness, Lemicka Whisenhunt, quoted Owens as saying "he's going to lynch all the black kids, he hates black n---ers, he hates that we moved on this street."

Clovis
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Being in Alabama I wondered if there was an argument on both sides. The first article makes it sound like he told the black kids to get off his lawn and their thug parents came back and beat the crap out of him.

Who knows?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/matthew-owens-beating-hate-crime-trayvon-martin-alabama_n_1452096.html

The mayor of Mobile, Ala. said Tuesday that the brutal beating of Matthew Owens was not a hate crime, as new details emerge implicating the victim as the instigator.
About 20 African American adults beat Owens into critical condition on Saturday night (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/24/justice-for-trayvon-beating_n_1449159.html?ref=crime) after an argument between the victim and some kids at a local basketball court, witnesses said.
One person claimed that Owens spewed racial slurs at the group and even pulled out two knives, according to WPMI. (http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Mayor-Police-Delmar-Beating-Not-A-Hate-Crime/sZA4gRm-_kmh8Jx-OhV-ig.cspx)
"It was like kitchen knives," witness David Dinkins told the station. "They were long."
Another witness, Lemicka Whisenhunt, quoted Owens as saying "he's going to lynch all the black kids, he hates black n---ers, he hates that we moved on this street."

#1Townie
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Dont start no shit wont be no shit!

Zach929rr
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Between the amount of overt racism (from both sides of the isle) and the sheer amount of fundamentalist Christians, I would just off myself if I lived in the south.

Love how the media just had to latch this onto the whole Trayvon thing.

#1Townie
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Its like the media just wants to see us fight. I can see all the grown nerds from high school that couldnt become cops coming up with this idea. Lets report on one crime calling it a white guy killing a kid. THAN we will report about some black guys kicken the crap out of a white guy and we will say it was because of the first report. Now all those pricks that used to pick on us will beat the crap out of wach other.

mastap07
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 11:35 AM
This is just the beginning............... :roll:

couldnt agree with you more.

rediculas.... but the guy that killed trevon was of hispanic decent so a white guy gets blamed??? here we go

Ezzzzy1
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Oh my god seriously come on!!!!!!!!!!

Look at where this happened, DEL MAR shit like this goes down every day in that neighborhood, but because the statement "Justice for Trayvon" comes up and its a white man getting beat by a group of black people there needs to be a public outcry and everyone needs to see what is happening.

The media is doing all of this on purpose its just a matter of who see's what they are doing and who doesn't.

What are you talking about?

Sometimes in life, grim, things happen. When those things have a certain merit they become what is called "news". The media hasnt created anything, they are just (in this case) reporting what happened and while you might be "over it" that doesnt mean that some people on here dont mind having discussions on a more intellectual level.

While you are busy seeing what the media is (not really) doing there are some people that are interested in a conversation about a group of kids that seemingly beat a white kid up in a retaliative manner. It may seem inconsequential to you but to the people that pay attention to what is going on in the world this is another piece to the puzzle.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 11:49 AM
couldnt agree with you more.

rediculas.... but the guy that killed trevon was of hispanic decent so a white guy gets blamed??? here we go

What makes this even harder to understand is that Zimmerman is part African American....

"He was raised in a racially integrated household and himself has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather — the father of the maternal grandmother who helped raise him."

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 11:54 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/justice-trayvon-alabama-man-critical-condition-mob-beating-053222142.html

‘Justice for Trayvon’: Alabama Man in Critical Condition After Mob Beating

Mobile police need your help to catch a mob that beat Matthew Owens so badly that he’s in critical condition.
According to police, Owens fussed at some kids playing basketball in the middle of Delmar Drive about 8:30 Saturday night. They say the kids left and a group of adults returned, armed with everything but the kitchen sink.

What has come of journalism? I expected this to be a blog the way it was written to paint a picture rather than report facts. Way to go Yahoo.

grim
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 12:19 PM
What are you talking about?

Sometimes in life, grim, things happen. When those things have a certain merit they become what is called "news". The media hasnt created anything, they are just (in this case) reporting what happened and while you might be "over it" that doesnt mean that some people on here dont mind having discussions on a more intellectual level.

While you are busy seeing what the media is (not really) doing there are some people that are interested in a conversation about a group of kids that seemingly beat a white kid up in a retaliative manner. It may seem inconsequential to you but to the people that pay attention to what is going on in the world this is another piece to the puzzle.

Really Ej? so this article has nothing to do with the Treyvon case? They just made this and its purely coincidental that they mentioned them saying "now that's justice for Treyvon".

Open your eyes man seriously the media chooses what stories they want to go after and let the people see, like i said things like this happen on a daily basis all over the country, whether its black on black, white on white, black on white. But because there is already a case involving a black on white crime thats sweeping the nation the media is just fueling the fire.

Basically i am saying exactly what #1Townie and Zach are saying, Its almost like they want there to be an all out black vs white war and the media is helping by fueling this Treyvon case.

Zach929rr
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 12:19 PM
[/INDENT]What has come of journalism? I expected this to be a blog the way it was written to paint a picture rather than report facts. Way to go Yahoo.

Sensationalist media sells. Haven't you learned anything since the 40's?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 12:28 PM
No matter what, 20 guys beating on one guy with weapons? Yeah, that's fair.

Reminds me of what happened to Reginald Denny, the truck driver in LA who was beaten almost to death in the RK riots. Yeah, that's not a "hate crime" either, right?

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 12:35 PM
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/peea/images/mad-max-thunderdome.jpg

Ezzzzy1
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Really Ej? so this article has nothing to do with the Treyvon case? They just made this and its purely coincidental that they mentioned them saying "now that's justice for Treyvon".

Open your eyes man seriously the media chooses what stories they want to go after and let the people see, like i said things like this happen on a daily basis all over the country, whether its black on black, white on white, black on white. But because there is already a case involving a black on white crime thats sweeping the nation the media is just fueling the fire.

Basically i am saying exactly what #1Townie and Zach are saying, Its almost like they want there to be an all out black vs white war and the media is helping by fueling this Treyvon case.

No Sean, some black kids beat the shit out of a white guy and seemingly did it in the name of Treyvon. Pretty news worthy if you ask me considering the amount of attention a hispanic/black guy got for "profiling" a black kid. While its "fueling" the fire it IS happening and I think they should be reporting is vs. not reporting it. If the kids did say "now that's justice for Treyvon", that is what makes this different than just a group of black kids that beat up a white kid.

Its not the news thats fucked, its the people making it and the people reading it. Just because the only thing you took from the article was that they are trying to stir things up doesnt mean that there is not news in what they are reporting. A LOT OF NEWS IS FOLLOW UP STORIES AND DIRECTLY RELATED INFORMATION. Kids retaliating because of a prior news story is going to be covered E V E R Y time.

Are you serious, that you dont want to hear about pockets/groups of blacks that are seeking revenge on innocent white people all in the name of Trayvon?

Ghosty
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Repost, this article already discussed in the big Zimm/Mart thread titled, "Looks damning for Florida Prosecuters"...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GFRerNkhk2M/S7_nx4yR9pI/AAAAAAAAAGo/9FhU5dvarVU/s1600/kill-whitey.jpg

grim
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 12:51 PM
No Sean, some black kids beat the shit out of a white guy and seemingly did it in the name of Treyvon. Pretty news worthy if you ask me considering the amount of attention a hispanic/black guy got for "profiling" a black kid. While its "fueling" the fire it IS happening and I think they should be reporting is vs. not reporting it. If the kids did say "now that's justice for Treyvon", that is what makes this different than just a group of black kids that beat up a white kid.
Can you argue that had the Treyvon story not been so inflated that maybe this white guy would not have been jumped by all black people?

Its not the news thats fucked, its the people making it and the people reading it. Just because the only thing you took from the article was that they are trying to stir things up doesnt mean that there is not news in what they are reporting. A LOT OF NEWS IS FOLLOW UP STORIES AND DIRECTLY RELATED INFORMATION. Kids retaliating because of a prior news story is going to be covered E V E R Y time.

This is not a follow up story its is an entirely new story and they titled it "‘Justice for Trayvon’: Alabama Man in Critical Condition After Mob Beating" They only made it that title because they knew it is the only way people would read the article, one of the things that i think you are failing to see her Ej is that not everyone thinks alike, so you read this story i read it and along with other people on here, we see the story as it is written and discuss, now think about all the angry rednecks that dont see the story the way we do. They see it as "another black on white hate crime" war is going to break out and the news is not helping in any way.

Are you serious, that you dont want to hear about pockets/groups of blacks that are seeking revenge on innocent white people all in the name of Trayvon?

Why? Should i do something about it? Street justice is not justice its stupidity, if you don't like the judicial system and don't think its fair then move to a different country, taking your anger out on an innocent person towards someone else you have no affiliation with shows you are obviously too weak to hold in your emotions.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Can you argue that had the Treyvon story not been so inflated that maybe this white guy would not have been jumped by all black people?

No I cant argue it, and the answer is I dont know. You cant purely blame the media for its inflation, hell even someone that doesnt want to talk about it is talking about it (you).

One could probably argue that this may have still happened but the Treyvon comment wouldnt have been made. It sounds like there was a lot of tension already.

This is not a follow up story its is an entirely new story and they titled it "‘Justice for Trayvon’: Alabama Man in Critical Condition After Mob Beating" They only made it that title because they knew it is the only way people would read the article, one of the things that i think you are failing to see her Ej is that not everyone thinks alike, so you read this story i read it and along with other people on here, we see the story as it is written and discuss, now think about all the angry rednecks that dont see the story the way we do. They see it as "another black on white hate crime" war is going to break out and the news is not helping in any way.

This is a follow up story to a story that already happened. The minute there is a correlation (someone uses the word Treyvon) then the two are linked. Simple.

Claiming that a "war is going to break out" doesnt help anything either. Now you are guilty of over sensationalizing things :lol:

Why? Should i do something about it? Street justice is not justice its stupidity, if you don't like the judicial system and don't think its fair then move to a different country, taking your anger out on an innocent person towards someone else you have no affiliation with shows you are obviously too weak to hold in your emotions.

I didnt ask if you should DO somthing. I asked if you really thought that stories shouldnt be covered. It is relevant to current issues that are tugging at this country. If you are not interested in current events then keep to your trolling. Why would you come into conversations, loaded with the intent of derailing them by either commenting off topic or putting stupid pictures up?

How about this? If the story is stupid, or you are not interested in it, just stay out of it.

grim
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 01:45 PM
No I cant argue it, and the answer is I dont know. You cant purely blame the media for its inflation, hell even someone that doesnt want to talk about it is talking about it (you).

One could probably argue that this may have still happened but the Treyvon comment wouldnt have been made. It sounds like there was a lot of tension already.

This is a follow up story to a story that already happened. The minute there is a correlation (someone uses the word Treyvon) then the two are linked. Simple.

Claiming that a "war is going to break out" doesnt help anything either. Now you are guilty of over sensationalizing things :lol:

I didnt ask if you should DO somthing. I asked if you really thought that stories shouldnt be covered. It is relevant to current issues that are tugging at this country. If you are not interested in current events then keep to your trolling. Why would you come into conversations, loaded with the intent of derailing them by either commenting off topic or putting stupid pictures up?

How about this? If the story is stupid, or you are not interested in it, just stay out of it.

Hold the phone there sport i didn't say the story was stupid i was pointing out that its making something that is already a tense situation even worst, and perhaps it is in the best interest to not write these stories for the people who cannot seem to just read a story and think: "Well that's terrible but that's just something that happened and there is nothing i can nor will do anything about " that is not reality , while you and everyone else on here were talking about the Treyvon story like civil people there were a group of black men beating the shit out of a white man because of this story.

You did not acknowledge whether or not you agreed or disagree that a war could indeed be on the brink of breaking out because of all of these stories being brought to light.

My point is why does the world need to know that a kid was killed and he was killed by a white man? Does it do any good or brighten anyone's day? All that story did was possibly get a man beaten, I am not claiming that i know what really happened because obviously i was not there, If a war does break out are you going to be surprised?

Don't use the fact that I troll as an excuse that i may not be taking this seriously and don't want to actually discuss it, this isn't "the boy who cried wolf" when i am serious i am serious i am expressing my views and opinions on the subject as a whole, you can discuss this with me like an adult or you can block me.

Jmetz
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Winter is coming.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Hold the phone there sport i didn't say the story was stupid i was pointing out that its making something that is already a tense situation even worst, and perhaps it is in the best interest to not write these stories for the people who cannot seem to just read a story and think: "Well that's terrible but that's just something that happened and there is nothing i can nor will do anything about " that is not reality , while you and everyone else on here were talking about the Treyvon story like civil people there were a group of black men beating the shit out of a white man because of this story.

Holding the phone :wait: ..... Ok, im back. We both know that I never said that you said the story was stupid. Just making a statement when I said "How about this? If the story is stupid, or you are not interested in it, just stay out of it."

You did not acknowledge whether or not you agreed or disagree that a war could indeed be on the brink of breaking out because of all of these stories being brought to light.

You didnt ask me if I agreed or disagreed. You said:
"They see it as "another black on white hate crime" war is going to break out and the news is not helping in any way."

That said, we are pretty well removed from all the drama this is causing. Dont think a war is brewing but stories like this are not going to stop coming in for a while. This shit has been stirred. A lot of ignant people are actin da foo so anything is possible.

My point is why does the world need to know that a kid was killed and he was killed by a white man? Does it do any good or brighten anyone's day? All that story did was possibly get a man beaten, I am not claiming that i know what really happened because obviously i was not there, If a war does break out are you going to be surprised?

Does it do any good or brighten anyones day? :lol: Its NEWS grim. Shit happens, they report it.

Don't use the fact that I troll as an excuse that i may not be taking this seriously and don't want to actually discuss it, this isn't "the boy who cried wolf" when i am serious i am serious i am expressing my views and opinions on the subject as a whole, you can discuss this with me like an adult or you can block me.

You do realize that because you troll I might not take you seriously? Comes with the turf buddy.

Im not, not discussing this like an adult? Looks to me like a good ol discussion grim.

DavidofColorado
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 02:15 PM
The Hispanic guy had a White Guy sounding name. That is enough to blame whitey.

grim
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Holding the phone :wait: ..... Ok, im back. We both know that I never said that you said the story was stupid. Just making a statement when I said "How about this? If the story is stupid, or you are not interested in it, just stay out of it."

You implied that my potential thoughts were that the story was stupid and i did not care about it.

You didnt ask me if I agreed or disagreed. You said:
"They see it as "another black on white hate crime" war is going to break out and the news is not helping in any way."

That said, we are pretty well removed from all the drama this is causing. Dont think a war is brewing but stories like this are not going to stop coming in for a while. This shit has been stirred. A lot of ignant people are actin da foo so anything is possible.

That is my point though they keep stirring the pot and its only a matter of time before all hell breaks loose. I wont keep arguing this because it is a matter of opinion and i know i wont change yours nor is it even my place to. I am just stating that shits going to hit the fan whether its before or after Zimmerman's case.

Does it do any good or brighten anyones day? :lol: Its NEWS grim. Shit happens, they report it.

To what benefit?

You do realize that because you troll I might not take you seriously? Comes with the turf buddy.

No troll (in this thread from me)

m not, not discussing this like an adult? Looks to me like a good ol discussion grim.

You are, it is, just want it to stay that way.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Does it do any good or brighten anyones day? :lol: Its grim NEWS. Shit happens, they spin it.

fixed :hibye:

Ezzzzy1
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 02:40 PM
You implied that my potential thoughts were that the story was stupid and i did not care about it.

I wasnt taking your seriousness seriously. For that I am sorry.

That is my point though they keep stirring the pot and its only a matter of time before all hell breaks loose. I wont keep arguing this because it is a matter of opinion and i know i wont change yours nor is it even my place to. I am just stating that shits going to hit the fan whether its before or after Zimmerman's case.

Its not that I dont see the stirring, its that there is nothing you can do about it. Its there, part of the world we live in. Just be thankful we dont live in Florida because instead of a few of us going back and forth on here it would be EVERYWHERE around you.

To what benefit?

I think you would be hard pressed to find ANY source of information that is 100% beneficial. Again, nothing you can do about it... Griping on here aint gunna change sheot!

Just because something doesnt benefit you or is not relevant in your life doesnt mean that its the same for everyone. Things that dont matter to you could easily matter to a lot of the 100million reading it.

No troll (in this thread from me)

My Birthday and Christmas present all wrapped into one :king:

grim
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I wasnt taking your seriousness seriously. For that I am sorry.[QUOTE/]

It's all good I see where you were coming from.

[QUOTE=Ezzzzy1;653386]Its not that I dont see the stirring, its that there is nothing you can do about it. Its there, part of the world we live in. Just be thankful we dont live in Florida because instead of a few of us going back and forth on here it would be EVERYWHERE around you.

Give it time...obviously it has effected people in Alabama enough.

I think you would be hard pressed to find ANY source of information that is 100% beneficial. Again, nothing you can do about it... Griping on here aint gunna change sheot!

Just because something doesnt benefit you or is not relevant in your life doesnt mean that its the same for everyone. Things that dont matter to you could easily matter to a lot of the 100million reading it.

You are absolutely correct griping wont do a damn thing but..... putting it on the news does change shit, people take it to heart as if they were effected in some way when really they weren't.

Why should it matter to the 100 million reading it? It has nothing to do with them, they have every right to get mad sure but that anger turns to more and it shouldn't. Its human psychology its literally programmed into our brains to visually watch/read/hear something happen and get angry about it, some people its a dog getting beat, some people its a black man getting killed, and some people its a white man getting beaten down. Even though you do not know these people or have any affiliation what right do you have to take action and avenge them in any way? Out of those 100million people it only takes 1 to do something that carries this out even further the news will feed on it spread it to more people and it goes on and on.

Simple answer everyone needs to turn off there tv and stop reading the news, focus on whats in front of you and what is in your life not others people thrive on the drama and it brings nothing to the table other than stress.

My Birthday and Christmas present all wrapped into one :king:

I guess you could say that's my one good deed for the year.

DFab
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 04:39 PM
rabble rabble rabble rabble!

#1Townie
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 05:07 PM
hey im only one man. i can only kill one thread at a time. lol

derekm
Thu Apr 26th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I am racist.... I fukcing hate everyone!

#1Townie
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Yeah me too.