PDA

View Full Version : MRA opens 2012 season at High Plains Raceway May 5/6!

UglyDogRacing
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 09:26 AM
The MRA kicks off it's 2012 season at High Plains Raceway on May 5-6th! Join us for non stop high octane excitement as the fastest riders in the region race head to head on everything from 250cc production motorcycles to 200hp open superbikes!

The hugely successful Super Street class returns for its third season on Saturday. If you’re a street or trackday rider and would like to experience road racing for only $100 and minimal bike prep, go to http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12495 for more information.

Tickets for all MRA races are purchased at the event gate each Saturday and Sunday. Don't miss the experience and excitement of motorcycle roadracing here in Colorado!

Weekend Admission: Adults $10 for the entire weekend of racing. Kids under 12 and military personnel are free! Stop by your local motorcycle dealer for a 2 for 1 admission voucher.

Directions: High Plains Raceway is located on U.S. Highway 36, 17 miles east of Byers. This is 60 miles(and less than one hour) east of the I-25 & I-70 interchange, known locally as the Mousetrap. At Byers, exit I-70 (which bends to the south towards Limon) taking Highway 36 due east 17 miles. The track is on your left, with the entrance at the Easternmost side of the property.
Information: Call (303) 769-4771
Website: www.highplainsraceway.com (http://www.highplainsraceway.com/)

The MRA is dedicated to promoting safe and competitive motorcycle roadracing events for enthusiasts in Colorado and the surrounding area. For more information go to www.mra-racing.org (http://www.mra-racing.org/)

For a daily schedule of races go to http://http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=14375

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/421274_387146411312737_299114193449293_1386732_177 0779744_n.jpg

WolFeYeZ
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I would love to try out SuperStreet but I have a couple of questions. Do you have to register by today to get in? Should I not try it out if my only track experience is a day at IMI?

Bueller
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 09:43 AM
IMI experience is fine, but not even necessary, this is geared towards street riders that may have never even been on a track.

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12495

Not sure if there is a pre reg deadline but I'll bet you can register day of event. I'll let Jim answer that for sure.

Mother Goose
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 10:13 AM
You can register the day of, but there is a cut off time. Don't ask me what that time is though. ;)

UglyDogRacing
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I would love to try out SuperStreet but I have a couple of questions. Do you have to register by today to get in? Should I not try it out if my only track experience is a day at IMI?

Registration for Super Street is open up until the day of the event. We would prefer you pre-enter so we have an accurate count of participants and can staff instructors accordingly, but you can show up that morning and take care of the entry form and payment.
We've had many participants with no track experience so you will be fine. We created Super Street for street riders to try racing without the added overhead that is usually necessary to race.

tecknojoe
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Ill be cornerworking. Guy in the blue hat. Come say hi

Bueller
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 11:28 AM
If I come say hi to you in your corner I will have had a bad day :lol:

vort3xr6
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Someone let me borrow their bike for superstreet.

Bueller
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Run the DRZ!

I think you can't have had a license for 3 years though. :)

grim
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 11:37 AM
If i can get some new tires before this i am in!

vort3xr6
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Run the DRZ!

I think you can't have had a license for 3 years though. :)

Yeah I figured having white plates last year would pretty much ban me from superstreet.

lol @ DRZ @ HPR.

Bueller
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Hey there are usually a Ninja 250 or two out there. My wife will be running one later this year.

Kitten
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I believe that Superstreet is one of the best ways to get into track riding/racing as you get quality instruction by a professional staff. It really help to not pick up bad habits by trying to learn on your own. Just my $.02

sprtbkbabe
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 12:06 PM

:spit:

N-O
B-U-E-N-O

I'll just wave:hibye:

tecknojoe
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 02:25 PM

:spit:

N-O
B-U-E-N-O

I'll just wave:hibye:

:lol: people tend to be upset when they come say hi. can't for the life of me figure out why

Mother Goose
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 04:34 PM
:lol: people tend to be upset when they come say hi. can't for the life of me figure out why
I'm pretty nice when I come say hi, right? :hibye:

madvlad
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I'll make it out there to watch on Sunday, always wanted to attend a local race and learn more so I'm not a total track noob like i am meow lol

grim
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Potential buyer for the table saw today if it gets sold I'll get tires and sign up :up:

tecknojoe
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I'm pretty nice when I come say hi, right? :hibye:

o yea ur one of the few that doesn't do tumbles on the asphalt before swinging by :lol:

Cornfed
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I have to work Sat and I don't remember the SS schedule. Does it run on Sunday?

Bueller
Fri Apr 27th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I have to work Sat and I don't remember the SS schedule. Does it run on Sunday?
Nope Saturday only.

flyingmonkey
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I am signing up for the SS

asp_125
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Speedshots will be out there shooting, along with Wicked Photos and probably a bunch of other photogs. Now clean up those bikes and leathers so you'll have great pictures! :D

Chief Stinky
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Promoted the MRA on my blog, best wishes for a great season!

http://nakedbikes.zacharoo.com/?p=1538

Slo
Tue May 1st, 2012, 09:32 AM
Ill be cornerworking. Guy in the blue hat. Come say hi

Just flip me off when I come by haha.

As for the rest of you if you get time, come and say hello, will be in carport 7 with Siobhan, Randall, and Jamie..

sprtbkbabe
Tue May 1st, 2012, 11:14 AM
As for the rest of you if you get time, come and say hello, will be in carport 7 with Siobhan, Randall, and Jamie..

:doublefinger: Whoo--hooo! Team Slo and WTF = FTMFW!

thankgod
Tue May 1st, 2012, 12:18 PM
Do you need a one piece and a DOT/ Snell approved lid? Gonna try and make it out on Sat :)

madvlad
Tue May 1st, 2012, 12:20 PM
Just flip me off when I come by haha.

You guys out there Sunday?

WolFeYeZ
Tue May 1st, 2012, 12:27 PM
Do you need a one piece and a DOT/ Snell approved lid? Gonna try and make it out on Sat :)

That plus some more man. More info here: http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12495

thankgod
Tue May 1st, 2012, 12:38 PM
That plus some more man. More info here: http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12495

Looks like I'm spectating...unless someone needs a hand in the pit!:eyebrows:

jbnwc
Tue May 1st, 2012, 12:46 PM
I'll be there for SS. See you all Saturday!

UglyDogRacing
Tue May 1st, 2012, 12:56 PM

What is preventing you from participating?

Slo
Tue May 1st, 2012, 01:26 PM

What do you need to run superstreet??? If I have something you can use.... let me know, haha besides the bike.

If you need a lid....what size?

thankgod
Tue May 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
Ahh ugly, I'm broke and id need a suit, slo...could I just kick it with you in your pit area, I'm a total track nub and just want a taste of some of the action! Thanks for the support, id love to get on the track but ill watch my first time!

Slo
Tue May 1st, 2012, 02:37 PM
if you change your mind man.....just let me know. My suit is a 44, thinking it would fit you. Just let me know. If you have your entry fee and way to get there and back, we can make it happen!!!

And yeah, I know what its like to be broke....I'm lucky to be making this weekends race haha.

thankgod
Tue May 1st, 2012, 02:41 PM
if you change your mind man.....just let me know. My suit is a 44, thinking it would fit you. Just let me know. If you have your entry fee and way to get there and back, we can make it happen!!!

Thanks bro! I thinks I is a 44, id have to do prep work on my bike, tires are good, lid size is a M. I was gonna ride out there, so ill have a bike! Lol! My rommie owes me some cash so maybe hell pay up on Friday so I can pay for my admission. But don't hold your breath :) I aprreciate the support!

Slo
Tue May 1st, 2012, 02:42 PM
No problem....see you out there. Come by and say hello....grab some cold drinks that will be in my cooler.

TransNone13
Tue May 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM
Will try to make SS, if not next time. It's fitting to take my new bike to the track :).

tecknojoe
Tue May 1st, 2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks bro! I thinks I is a 44, id have to do prep work on my bike, tires are good, lid size is a M. I was gonna ride out there, so ill have a bike! Lol! My rommie owes me some cash so maybe hell pay up on Friday so I can pay for my admission. But don't hold your breath :) I aprreciate the support!

Come say what up. I'll be cornerworking with the blue yamaha hat. I'll throw shit at you as you ride by

Will try to make SS, if not next time. It's fitting to take my new bike to the track :).

what did you get? why not the rc8?

TransNone13
Tue May 1st, 2012, 05:40 PM
Some of the parts still haven't come in and I want to test out the new 1199S if I pick it up in time (next unit that comes in).

tecknojoe
Tue May 1st, 2012, 05:44 PM
Some of the parts still haven't come in and I want to test out the new 1199S if I pick it up in time (next unit that comes in).

are you shitting me?

offer stands for the superduke trade at the track :lol:

TransNone13
Tue May 1st, 2012, 05:45 PM
I'm not kidding. Kind of got a pay raise and promotion...

tecknojoe
Tue May 1st, 2012, 05:48 PM
I'm not kidding. Kind of got a pay raise and promotion...

damn, congrats

thankgod
Tue May 1st, 2012, 08:11 PM
Come say what up. I'll be cornerworking with the blue yamaha hat. I'll throw shit at you as you ride by

what did you get? why not the rc8?

Seriously.... get an Rc8 :) Yeah I'll come out and say "Hi, Joe!" by the by, we saw one of the greatest bands ever... together!!!!!!lol I probably wont race even tho Ugly, and Slo willingly wanted to get me out there on the track! (thank you:) )(Hopefully:hibye: see you Saturday!!!) (Thanks for volunteering your time to the MRA!:headbang:)

r6rammy
Tue May 1st, 2012, 08:24 PM
I'm hoping to run superstreet at some point this year. Cant make it there this weekend, will try'n make it out to the race next round. Good luck ya'll.

jbnwc
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 08:02 AM

I can always use help prepping and drinking Coke. I'm planning on helping Slo empty his cooler and helping JR eat all his carne esada. It's a fun place to be even if you aren't racing. If it isn't windy I'll be under the ginormous white ezup with the red ZX12R. Come say hi.

jbnwc
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 08:07 AM
Potential buyer for the table saw today if it gets sold I'll get tires and sign up :up:

All the major tire distributors will be at the track. I also have a small stockpile I might be able to help you out with. I assume you would run the ZX-6? I have a set of NEW 120/180 Dunlop Qualifiers I could let go for $220. I have a front Michelin Power One for $100 if you can get a rear.

I also have a front Power One RTO anyone can have for $20. I wouldn't use it for racing, though. The edges are done, but the center is good.

thankgod
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 07:47 PM
Dang I have to Work overtime :puppy: Sat and had previous plans for Sunday! Looks like I'm not gonna watch any of the action this Weekend!!! Be safe and fun ya'll!!!!

madvlad
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 07:58 PM
Buying a pair of boots friday and keeping an eye out for leathers hehehe... I'm 5'6 160lbs, if anyone knows of a set of leathers going for a decent price that can fit me lmk. Most people 5'10-6'2 seem to be wearing 42-44 so I assume I'm like a 38 or so. Never owned a suit before so playing it by ear lol

Matrix
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM
Buying a pair of boots friday and keeping an eye out for leathers hehehe... I'm 5'6 160lbs, if anyone knows of a set of leathers going for a decent price that can fit me lmk. Most people 5'10-6'2 seem to be wearing 42-44 so I assume I'm like a 38 or so. Never owned a suit before so playing it by ear lol

If you don't find anything better, I have a size 40 two peice you can use(not looking to sell). I am roughly 5'9 155 and it fits fine.

tecknojoe
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM

I'm ~5'6" 155

Come try on mine. Alpinestars size 42

madvlad
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 08:22 PM
If you don't find anything better, I have a size 40 two peice you can use(not looking to sell). I am roughly 5'9 155 and it fits fine.

I'm ~5'6" 155

Come try on mine. Alpinestars size 42

Thanks for the offers guys!

@tecknojoe - lmk when I can try those on, I also assume that every brand has differences in sizing due to material and features?... G-force has a Speed and Strenght race suit for $400. Any experience with these by any chance?

@joew, I may do IMI this Sunday. If so could I use them?

tecknojoe
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 08:34 PM

@tecknojoe - lmk when I can try those on, I also assume that every brand has differences in sizing due to material and features?... G-force has a Speed and Strenght race suit for $400. Any experience with these by any chance?

I'm not sure how the A* suits run since I've only had 2 suits before. you can swing by tomorrow evening if you want. I'm usually home after ~4pm. Not sure about the speed and strength suits. Start a thread about them. I know that AGV makes cheap suits and they work well enough

If you're time crunching to make it this weekend you can use my suit. Just pay for repairs if u eat pavement

sag
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 08:34 PM
how many are usually in a superstreet race? i want to do them this year but am fearful of competitive attitudes and someone crashing into me because im slow as balls.

Matrix
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 09:34 PM

I will be at HPR all weekend and I doubt you want to drive all the way out there. I will be around tomorrow night putting the final touches on the bike if your around the Arvada area. Your welcome to give it a try to see what you think.

flyingmonkey
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 09:38 PM
I just sign up for the SS

See you guys on Saturday.

Bueller
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 06:27 AM
how many are usually in a superstreet race? i want to do them this year but am fearful of competitive attitudes and someone crashing into me because im slow as balls.
There are different sized fields depending on weekends. You have the option of starting in the back. I haven't seen many issues with the race part itself, and almost all are single bike incidents. The racing up front can get close but mid pack and back are pretty civilized. Most have the same attitude as you, they want to have fun and keep it real. My wife will likely be doing one later this year on her 250. She will end up getting lapped but she holds her line very well so people shouldn't have a problem getting around her.

madvlad
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure how the A* suits run since I've only had 2 suits before. you can swing by tomorrow evening if you want. I'm usually home after ~4pm. Not sure about the speed and strength suits. Start a thread about them. I know that AGV makes cheap suits and they work well enough

If you're time crunching to make it this weekend you can use my suit. Just pay for repairs if u eat pavement

Not on a crunch for time really, just more curious as of around what size suit I need. I'll still be out at IMI but maybe to watch and learn more than actual riding for the time being. I'll hit you up next week at some point to try it on. Seems like the suit is gonna have to wait for another bit as I think I need chain and sprockets for the R1 (20k, it was riding kind of funny on the way home)... surprised they lasted this long though I did push 27k out of my OEM on the 600 gixxer but this thing being a 1000 don't think can go there and I'd rather not risk it lol

I will be at HPR all weekend and I doubt you want to drive all the way out there. I will be around tomorrow night putting the final touches on the bike if your around the Arvada area. Your welcome to give it a try to see what you think.

Unfortunately I can't tonight but thanks man, I'm studying for my ASE certifications couple hrs a night to see if I can move on with my life and maybe make more $$$ and be able to attend races with more comfort at some point lol... Good luck this weekend bro!

TransNone13
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Not going to make it to this one, good luck everyone with SS. It's awesome :).

Peanut_EOD
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
I will be there tomorrow! Look for the giant RV that says Peanut on the side.

summit82
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 11:27 PM
I will probably be there Saturday as a spectator. One of my friends is competing in MRA round #1.

jbnwc
Fri May 4th, 2012, 06:41 AM

I think last year there were grids anywhere from 9 to 26 or so. You have nothing to worry about with regards to other riders. Most are pretty relaxed and everyone wants to bring their ride home unscathed. I'm probably one of the most aggressive in SS, but I would much rather take 4th and not hurt anyone rather than go for 1st and risk crashing with someone. There are no points or trophies, so the reward is just how fun it is. As long as you stay on your line and ride predictably, you will be fine.

It's a really tame race if you want to take it easy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EoIajCNI1w

Jmetz
Fri May 4th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I might head over on Sunday.

asp_125
Fri May 4th, 2012, 09:53 AM
There's been good, clean racing at the front of SS, but the rest of the pack tends to sort themselves out like any track day. Just remember you don't win SS on the warmup lap!

tecknojoe
Fri May 4th, 2012, 10:35 AM
There's been good, clean racing at the front of SS, but the rest of the pack tends to sort themselves out like any track day. Just remember you don't win SS on the warmup lap!

true, i've seen a lot of the SS people just outride themselves and go down alone. no-one's out there to win a spot in ama

thankgod
Sat May 5th, 2012, 08:15 PM
:hibye:

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-1.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-2-1.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-4.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-5.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-6.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-7.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-13.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-17.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-12.jpg

thankgod
Sat May 5th, 2012, 08:15 PM
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-10.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-14.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-11.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-9.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-15.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-8.jpg

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/-18.jpg

CBR-Cowboy
Sat May 5th, 2012, 08:33 PM
grr, i was out there and dont know all these people from the form, hope everyone had fun...

thankgod
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:20 PM
grr, i was out there and dont know all these people from the form, hope everyone had fun...

Don't feel bad, I've been on the Forum for a year and still don't know everyone :P

~Barn~
Sun May 6th, 2012, 01:40 AM
I should probably get to bed, if I want to ride out to watch, tomorrow. Kyle... You got one of those 2fer coupons?