PDA

View Full Version : reckless driving

CBR-Cowboy
Sat Apr 28th, 2012, 07:57 PM
So there was a undercover cop doing radar on the side of the road. everyone was slowing down and doing 55 in a 65. after the cop was out of site i changed a few lanes to get around people, but had plenty of room to do so, didn't cut anyone off or anything and i wasn't speeding. I used my turn signals at first but didn't once when i cut over behind a tow truck and saw there was someone on the other side so i cut back. There happened to be another undercover cop behind me who pulled me over for reckless driving... I want to get a lawyer, or am willing too, what do you guys think? Its 8 points and a criminal offense and all. I have the time and money to fight it. but not sure who a good lawyer would be. or if i should just hope for a good plea bargain. so for this not making a lot of sense, just got back from a 6 hour ride...

grim
Sat Apr 28th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Should have GoPro'd it :lol:

Wrider
Sun Apr 29th, 2012, 02:01 AM
1. Lawyer will probably get it lowered.
2. Get better at recognizing undercover cops.

thatmofo
Sun Apr 29th, 2012, 04:13 AM
That might be tougher to fight in court since you were changing lanes. I know a guy that got a reckless in a straight line who enlisted the help of a lawyer. The reckless was changed to something else and the eight points disappeared altogether.

~Barn~
Sun Apr 29th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Call my lawyer, Molly Jansen. Tell her Brandon Muniz (pronounced mew-niece) sent you. She and her staff will help you out! :up:

vort3xr6
Sun Apr 29th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I got a careless driving that was knocked down to a 1 pointer. If you have a clean record the DA should offer you a decent plea.

Hoot
Sun Apr 29th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Call my lawyer, Molly Jansen. Tell her Brandon Muniz (pronounced mew-niece) sent you. She and her staff will help you out! :up:

BPI ftw!

~Barn~
Sun Apr 29th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I take it she still does her Monday morning show?

powers
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I want to get a lawyer, or am willing too, what do you guys think? Its 8 points and a criminal offense and all.

Fight it and try to get as little as possible! I was in a smaller boat, ~15+ over in a active school zone. This was my first ticket in over 16 years of driving. I got a lawyer and told him "I don't care what it costs or what I have to do, get rid of the points. I don't care about traffic school or costs!" He couldn't get rid of the doubled fine, but it went from 4 to 1 point (broken mirror) with a on-line traffic class.

I spent around $800 with lawyer fees and fines, but It was worth it in my mind. My insurance, with 2 sport bikes and 1 full coverage car, hasn't gone up with a recent renewal. I was worried that even if it went up $20 a month, that could add up over 5-6 years.

Reyven
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Tell her Brandon Muniz (pronounced mew-niece) sent you.

I'm sorry sir, but can you pronounce that a little slower please? thanks :D

~Barn~
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry sir, but can you pronounce that a little slower please? thanks :D

You must be training to be a cop...

;)

CBR-Cowboy
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 05:25 PM
thanks for all the replies, i am getting a lawyer. i agree cost isn't really the issue, its would be having 8 points on my record. that would mean i could only get one more ticket this year, and the year just started!