PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever go to the meet at Toys R Us?

chasemr2
Sun Apr 29th, 2012, 10:39 PM
I've been hearing about all the cars and bikes that meet at the Toys R Us parking lot in Park Meadows every Sunday night and decided to go check it out tonight. I thought it was a pretty neat atmosphere if you don't mind a light haze and some interesting aromas, maybe a mild case of light-headedness/hunger.... I was only there for about 45 minutes and everyone seemed to be fairly responsible, there was a lot of revving and some racing on County Line Rd but the parking lot was mostly tranquil and filled mostly with tuners and a lot of nice bikes. The bikers all seemed eager to discuss anything that pertained to riding and open to anyone that wanted to join.
I'm gonna ride on over again next Sunday night, if anyone wants to meet somewhere and ride in together we should make a plan.

madvlad
Sun Apr 29th, 2012, 10:56 PM
I used to go out there until some retard rich kid wanted to race me for pinks *facepalm*

chasemr2
Sun Apr 29th, 2012, 11:28 PM
What, people actually do that?? lol I wasn't challenged at all, yet again I'm only riding an old CBR F2 (it has a cool paint job though I promise haha). Well I suppose I'll see what it's like again next Sunday, I'm hoping not to show up solo.

Streetdoctor
Sun Apr 29th, 2012, 11:38 PM
The bikers all seemed eager to discuss anything that pertained to riding and open to anyone that wanted to join.

and in my experience this is all groups like this do. I'd rather go ride!

chasemr2
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Ah, but we are discussing a sportbike get together on a sportbiking forum are we not, hahaha

madvlad
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Most of the time you find all the squids and just straight noobs down there that bought a bike foris show off purposes/trolling and honestly I don't like those crowds, they can do as they want not my issue but people that don't wear gear or think that moving a bike is "riding" I can't take seriously.

mdub
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 07:10 AM
This is the first I have heard of such hangin-outs. Thanks fer the heads up.

mastap07
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 07:20 AM
i showed up a few weeks ago. on the way down there from arvada, i was riding with my brother as well as one of his friends to go check it out. we were in one of the middle lanes and a group of squids decided to pass the cars that were going too slow in the fast lane for their liking. they figured by using my lane to pass it would be ok because i am on a bike and decided to use the left section of my lane.
if you are one of my friends riding with me thats one thing but some random person that has no gear that comes out of the blue and decied to pass me, im not too comfotable with. i thought what a group of tools. as we showed up to the meet guess who i saw..... the same group of tools that decided to pass in my lane. it was cool going to see all the tuners. would i do it again? ya i would go see the cars and the possible accidents from the idiots who mash the gas from the parking lot to the red light on county line then hit the brakes so they dont hit the guy in front of them. its amusing but i wont go do the race scene wherever they end up. Just my .02 and my experience.

madvlad
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 07:26 AM
It can be fun times and just mellow really but when people choose to fuck with you they don't quit. You see some decent cars and people out there but I love how most car owners always ask me when the trolls show up "oh hey do you know those guys?" Fuck no lol

~Barn~
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I've gone several times in the past few weeks, and I normally hang out there with the other tuner-Mazda guys. I've contemplated riding down on Gemma, but I almost always just decide to cage it.

Never once have had any problems.

madvlad
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I've gone several times in the past few weeks, and I normally hang out there with the other tuner-Mazda guys. I've contemplated riding down on Gemma, but I almost always just decide to cage it.

Never once have had any problems.

Cause you cage it lol

~Barn~
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Bah! It'd be the same if I rode down there. ;)

grim
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Its prob cause Barn looks older and more mature, they know if they came up and asked him to race for pinks, he would give a response so intellectual with a hint of responsibility there brain would explode

~Barn~
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 08:25 AM
:lol:

Thank you. (?)

Hibs
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I should ride my 12 down there, tell em its a zx7 and see who wants to race for cash LOL

mdub
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 08:38 AM
That is sad . They are missing Animation Domination. ;)

mastap07
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I should ride my 12 down there, tell em its a zx7 and see who wants to race for cash LOL

you wont!

Hibs
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 08:52 AM
you wont!

Oh, i will.... have done it before LOL (different place)

chasemr2
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 09:38 AM
There are a lot of nice cars and other kinds of eye candy. If anyone wants to meet up and go for a little cruise then maybe drop in this next Sunday let me know and we can discuss a place for everyone to meet.

real5280
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 09:39 AM
i went and checked it out once last year. There were a few nice cars, not much for bikes. There were quite a few people racing around the area, and the police showed up. I had an officer follow me out and down county line road, but never pull me over. I didnt think it was worth the trip, and havent been back but it may have just been an off night.

mastap07
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM
possible if we get CSC group together. i have a few buddies that take their cars down so its not like we would be the lonely group in the corner. :)

chasemr2
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 10:37 AM
That would be great! I'd rather avoid riding with the kind of people you were describing earlier.

mastap07
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM
ya im not to fond of the spiked hair, sunglasses at night type of people lol. im not sure what time people start gathering but i can make a few calls. any thoughts on a time location meet-up?

~Barn~
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Meet at the Sonic at I-225 and the Tamarac exit. I'm recommending this because this is where we (The CMZC) meet-up, prior to rolling down there. =)

mastap07
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 11:28 AM
that sounds good and all barn but im assuming its sometime after dinner :)

madvlad
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 11:32 AM
I'm down, hopefully we won't get patted down lmao

~Barn~
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I'll keep this thread up to date with any new updates I hear. :up:

mastap07
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 11:37 AM
deal! thanks Barn!

chasemr2
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I am ok with meeting up anywhere in the Denver area, I live in Belmar in Lakewood and work (practically live) at Centennial Airport so I'm kinda all over the place, maybe Fay Myers would be a good spot...?? I got there at 8:30 last night and the parking lot was already packed full of cars and bikes but I would imagine right after sundown would be a good time to start heading over.

mastap07
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 01:51 PM
and i just found out the inlaws will be in town until monday afternoon.... looks like i wont be able to make it this week.

grim
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I'm down, hopefully we won't get patted down lmao

That area is too preppy for them to be concerned about guns they will just give you what they call "fluffy fingers".