PDA

View Full Version : Aren't you glad.....

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 05:23 PM
The John Kerry/John Edwards ticket didn't win? :)

http://news.yahoo.com/witness-says-lied-former-senator-edwards-save-campaign-191940545.html

Drano
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Wait, let me get this straight, a politician lied to get into office and you think this is exclusive to John Edwards?

Har Har Frank. :slap:

Vellos
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Better than a decade long war and massive recession.

Clovis
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 10:33 PM
The recession didn't start until after the Dems took control of the Congress.

But political misinformation is the way it's played, not to mention a heavy reliance on the ignorance of the average democratic voter.

When polled after voting for Obama, voters were asked "which party controls congress?" -- The answer overwhelmingly was "the republicans", following the logic of if Bush is a republican then republicans must run the government! Herpa derpa durr!

Ghost
Mon Apr 30th, 2012, 10:40 PM
http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1375721&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/1375721/monkey-smells-finger.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com/)

rforsythe
Tue May 1st, 2012, 06:41 AM
The recession didn't start until after the Dems took control of the Congress.

I find that to be pretty coincidental really. There were many powerful financial factors at play before they took the helm.

Ezzzzy1
Tue May 1st, 2012, 07:35 AM
Wait, let me get this straight, a politician lied to get into office and you think this is exclusive to John Edwards?

Har Har Frank. :slap:

Right? Every married presidential candidate knocks chicks up, then has their Aid (who is married) take responsibility for the pregnancy, makes his Aid move the girl into his house with his wife and then pays the girl he knocked up with moneys that were paid for the campaign. Alllll in an attempt to conceal the affair from his dying wife while he was running for president.

Yep. Seems pretty normal to me :no:

Sarge
Tue May 1st, 2012, 07:47 AM
I find that to be pretty coincidental really. There were many powerful financial factors at play before they took the helm.

+1 x10000

Just like things don't get fixed overnight, the problems had been coming for years. A lot of people blame Obama for TARP, which was signed by Bush in 2007... So, that first $700+ billion bail out was Bush's baby, but I still hear people blaming Obama today.:slap:

The problem is too many Republicans enjoyed the Bush party, and are now blaming Obama for the hangover.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue May 1st, 2012, 07:48 AM
Right? Every married presidential candidate knocks chicks up, then has their Aid (who is married) take responsibility for the pregnancy, makes his Aid move the girl into his house with his wife and then pays the girl he knocked up with moneys that were paid for the campaign. Alllll in an attempt to conceal the affair from his dying wife while he was running for president.

Normal.........for Democrats. ;)

Sarge
Tue May 1st, 2012, 07:54 AM
• Republicans have more scandals (35 to 28), but Democrats have bigger ones, based on our methodology (13 out of the top 20).

• Democrats tend to have more problems with harassment, staffers, and underage girls; Republicans tend to have more problems with prostitutes, hypocrisy, and underage boys.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/03/30/which-party-has-more-sex-scandals.html

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue May 1st, 2012, 10:44 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/03/30/which-party-has-more-sex-scandals.html

Sorry, but, after looking at the link, I find the Beast about as informative as the writing on a shithouse wall. I generally don't even bother reading these "Joe's Blog" websites for this very reason.

My issues with both Klinton and Edwards, is that they are huge wastes of taxpayer money, in the abuse of power, and the coverup. Klinton lied under oath, how is that not perjury and how didn't he end up in prison and get removed from office? At least Nixon manned up and resigned.

Sarge
Tue May 1st, 2012, 12:28 PM
That was literally the first Google result, of hundreds of thousands under the topic of "sex scandals by political party". Don't like that one, there are plenty more results all showing the same information.

Also, Clinton is the only President in history, ever, to not leave a deficit. Kind of difficult to call him a money waster.

So whatever he "wasted money" on, at least it still stayed under budget.

CaneZach
Tue May 1st, 2012, 01:09 PM
That was literally the first Google result, of hundreds of thousands under the topic of "sex scandals by political party". Don't like that one, there are plenty more results all showing the same information.

Also, Clinton is the only President in history, ever, to not leave a deficit. Kind of difficult to call him a money waster.

I don't normally get into political discussions because they tend to involve people from both parties finger-pointing, screaming, and blaming, but Clinton's "surplus" involved a lot of "cooking the books" to make it look like he didn't have a deficit. He also benifited from having an inflated economic upswing due in large part to the housing market, which we now realize was a hugely inflated market, and the dot-com buble, which was incredibly over-valued.

Clovis
Tue May 1st, 2012, 01:30 PM
As much as I despised Clinton (the man) I do have to admit America had some pretty good times during his time in office.

Then again, most economist would tell you that it takes several years for the economic policies of a president to be felt, meaning that the boom following Bush I were a carry over from Reagon/Bush I.

Who knows, I'm not an economist.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue May 1st, 2012, 03:18 PM
I don't normally get into political discussions because they tend to involve people from both parties finger-pointing, screaming, and blaming, but Clinton's "surplus" involved a lot of "cooking the books" to make it look like he didn't have a deficit. He also benifited from having an inflated economic upswing due in large part to the housing market, which we now realize was a hugely inflated market, and the dot-com buble, which was incredibly over-valued.
Yep, and we know what happened when the dot.com bubble burst, don't we?

Also, perjury is still perjury, and wasting taxpayer dollars covering it up is still.....well.....

Ghost
Tue May 1st, 2012, 04:01 PM
At least Nixon manned up and resigned.

Or Nixon was a pussy and bailed before things got too hot while Clinton had the intestinal fortitude to stick it out and win in the end? :usa:

CaneZach
Tue May 1st, 2012, 04:16 PM
Or Nixon was a pussy and bailed before things got too hot while Clinton had the intestinal fortitude to stick it out and win in the end? :usa:

If you go back to the time when Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives (a lot of people tend to forget he actually was impeached), the Dems controlled enough seats in Senate that Clinton to prevent the two-thirds majority necessary to remove him from office. To say he had the "intestinal fortitude to stick it out" is like saying calling someone lucky when they've won a game that was fixed in their favor.

Drano
Tue May 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM

Easy does it there. I'm not condoning Edwards' actions, but find it laughable that any rational person would think that lies, sex scandals, corruption, and other despicable deeds are somehow foreign to political office, or, as Frank thinks, they only apply within a single party.

Frank was trolling, yet again, and I took the bait. :banghead:

mathman1000
Tue May 1st, 2012, 07:04 PM
Lie about a war so we can finish Daddy's unfinished war for oil......OR......lie about banging some chick on the side. Hmmmmmmmm Not a tough choice there.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
If you go back to the time when Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives (a lot of people tend to forget he actually was impeached), the Dems controlled enough seats in Senate that Clinton to prevent the two-thirds majority necessary to remove him from office. To say he had the "intestinal fortitude to stick it out" is like saying calling someone lucky when they've won a game that was fixed in their favor.
Yep. Although in Klinton's case, "Intestinal fortitude" means he has his head up his ass........

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 07:53 AM
Lie about a war so we can finish Daddy's unfinished war for oil......OR......lie about banging some chick on the side. Hmmmmmmmm Not a tough choice there.
More lunacy from the loopy left!

War for oil? So, that's why we have gas now for $.50/gal, right? Because we got all that free oil, right?:gay:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 07:54 AM
Easy does it there. I'm not condoning Edwards' actions, but find it laughable that any rational person would think that lies, sex scandals, corruption, and other despicable deeds are somehow foreign to political office, or, as Frank thinks, they only apply within a single party.

I never said they apply only to Dems, but the 2 biggest scandals were Dem, were they not? And, if I remember, Gary Hart was a Dem also, right? ;)

mathman1000
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
More lunacy from the loopy left!

War for oil? So, that's why we have gas now for $.50/gal, right? Because we got all that free oil, right?:gay:

No, it's why oil companies have had the highest profits of any company in history.

Ghost
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:10 PM

No, it's why oil companies have had the highest profits of any company in history.

*cough* see top quote...

laspariahs
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
CM isn't a troll, he actually believes what he writes. A troll just says things to get a response.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Do they? Based on what? Revenue vs. expenditures? There are a LOT of industries that make huge profits. Pharma, etc.

mathman1000
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Do they? Based on what? Revenue vs. expenditures? There are a LOT of industries that make huge profits. Pharma, etc.

Derrrrrrrrrr.......do I need to spell it out again. It took me all of about 20 seconds to find what I was looking for.

OH WAIT! I get it. I now know you didn't realize these facts; you watch FAUX news where they probably didn't report what everyone else was talking about. Yea, don't want to talk bad about big supporters such as big oil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_corporate_profits_and_losses

mathman1000
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 03:08 PM
CM isn't a troll, he actually believes what he writes. A troll just says things to get a response.

I believe there are other names besides troll that fit better & would be more accurate.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 05:19 PM
Derrrrrrrrrr.......do I need to spell it out again. It took me all of about 20 seconds to find what I was looking for.

OH WAIT! I get it. I now know you didn't realize these facts; you watch FAUX news where they probably didn't report what everyone else was talking about. Yea, don't want to talk bad about big supporters such as big oil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_corporate_profits_and_losses
Assuming I believe wiki, man, you lefties better cry and whine about Nestle foods and Ford too. I see they're making a profit.

So, the largest industry in the world is not allowed to make a profit? Now, I agree that the petroleum speculators need to be reigned in and controlled much tighter. A camel farts in Egypt and oil goes over $100/barrel, yet when things calm down it takes 6 months or more for the prices to even come down CLOSE to what they were? Bullshit.

But you lefties screaming about "oil this and that" obviously don't realize that the WORLD, not just the US, runs on it. The plastic in your keyboard is made from oil. The street you ride/drive on is made from oil. The trucks that deliver your food to the market run on, surprise!, oil. If the oil suddenly stopped flowing there'd be wars and riots like never seen before on earth. So, in fact, it is ANY president's job to try and steady things in the region that produces it to ensure that doesn't happen.

So, back to the fact that Edwards is an asshole that needs to go to prison........