PDA

View Full Version : HPR Lapping Day Monday May 7

Cornfed
Tue May 1st, 2012, 08:44 PM
I know it's the day after an MRA race weekend but my schedule and ego won't let me do Super Street this weekend. So I scheduled Monday off for some practice before I pop my MRA Super Street cherry in June. Hope to see some of you out there!

buddahson
Tue May 1st, 2012, 10:44 PM
I took the day off as well. I plan to be out there if the weather cooperates and I get my plastics back from painting on friday.

CBR-Cowboy
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:46 PM
If I get my Gloves this week I will be there.

Sully
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:50 PM
Stop teasing me, Chad! :p

Cornfed
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Stop teasing me, Chad! :p

I'm sure I'll have room in the truck if killswitch needs a ride.

Sully
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:33 PM
I will definitely take you up on that offer for SuperStreet :D... Let me know when June gets here :bananna:

tecknojoe
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
I really need a day to cool off. Does anyone have trailer space?? I've got tie downs and can split gas costs. I haven't had a chance to get my trailer hitch on yet. I need pickup right off I-25 and lincoln.

It's been a stressful couple months and after cornerworking this weekend I know I'm really going to want to be there.

Slo
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 12:50 PM
I really need a day to cool off. Does anyone have trailer space?? I've got tie downs and can split gas costs. I haven't had a chance to get my trailer hitch on yet. I need pickup right off I-25 and lincoln.

It's been a stressful couple months and after cornerworking this weekend I know I'm really going to want to be there.

If you want to borrow my trailer, feel free to come by and get it? There is no wheel chock or eylets to strap down, but I am sure we can figure out how to strap it down to the frame. I do have strap tie downs to install, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

tecknojoe
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
If you want to borrow my trailer, feel free to come by and get it? There is no wheel chock or eylets to strap down, but I am sure we can figure out how to strap it down to the frame. I do have strap tie downs to install, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Damn thanks for the offer man, but I don't have my trailer hitch on my subaru yet which is what's holding me back.

just stay and ride monday too :lol:

Radek
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
im still thinking about doing superstreet on saturday , but Id rather do whole day on monday and have more time on track ...anybody of you guys plan on renting carport ? 40% chance of rain so far

buddahson
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
If I'm there, I'll go in on a car port. I probably won't go unless the forecast improves to near 70 degrees and 30% or less chance of rain.

wunderground.com has Monday with a high of 66 and a 10% chance of rain at noon and 30% chance at 6pm. So I'm still on the fence for this one. If it stays like this I'll probably go.

madvlad
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM

My neighbor has a Legacy just like yours that I glanced at this morning before riding off to work and he has a hitch bar mount deal on his so I will ask him if he'll let me snoop under there and take a look to see where his is drilled and attached to and get back to you.

CBR-Cowboy
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
I am planning on going all day, leaving from Lincoln and i 25. I am also going over there this weekend to watch if anyone else is planing on going.

tecknojoe
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 06:51 PM
I am planning on going all day, leaving from Lincoln and i 25. I am also going over there this weekend to watch if anyone else is planing on going.

damn your down the street. Do you have trailer space for monday?

tecknojoe
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
My neighbor has a Legacy just like yours that I glanced at this morning before riding off to work and he has a hitch bar mount deal on his so I will ask him if he'll let me snoop under there and take a look to see where his is drilled and attached to and get back to you.

Yea look for a small hole that he drilled to fish the bolts through. That's an option, as well as using a grinder to slightly enlarge the pre-existing hole. You'll see what I'm talking about, and maybe it won't be as shocking as "drilling a hole in the frame" :lol:

Cornfed
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 07:43 PM
If I'm there, I'll go in on a car port. I probably won't go unless the forecast improves to near 70 degrees and 30% or less chance of rain.

wunderground.com has Monday with a high of 66 and a 10% chance of rain at noon and 30% chance at 6pm. So I'm still on the fence for this one. If it stays like this I'll probably go.

We are far enough out that hopefully the weather clears up before Monday.

How much are the car ports? I might be interested in splitting one.

buddahson
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
We are far enough out that hopefully the weather clears up before Monday.

How much are the car ports? I might be interested in splitting one.

$25 per day for no power. $60 per day with power. Fits 4 bikes.

Cornfed
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 08:14 PM
$25 per day for no power. $60 per day with power. Fits 4 bikes.

Count me in on one. I dont need power but if that is what the majority needs thats fine.

Radek
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
if if is in I am in for carport with power , i'd even throw in $10 for umbrella girl

Cornfed
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 08:34 PM
I know I started this thread but Im pretty green. Do we need to reserve a car port, prepay for it, etc?

tecknojoe
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 09:43 PM
Yea I'm lookin at the weather and it looks like we might get a cold front. ef

buddahson
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 10:57 PM
I know I started this thread but Im pretty green. Do we need to reserve a car port, prepay for it, etc?

no, just pay at the track the day of.

Cornfed
Fri May 4th, 2012, 06:13 AM
no, just pay at the track the day of.

Thanks.
Assuming the weather holds for Monday who is in on a Carport?

1. Cornfed
2. CBR-Cowboy

CBR-Cowboy
Fri May 4th, 2012, 06:20 AM
damn your down the street. Do you have trailer space for monday?

I'm just riding my bike down there. this will be my first time, i will be taking it easy on the track.

i'm down for the carport, don't really need it but would be cool to just kick back with you guys. when are you guys getting there?

tecknojoe
Fri May 4th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Thanks.

1. Cornfed
2. Radek?
3. Technojoe you get your ride figured out?
4. Buddahson?

Nah I didn't but the weather looks cold and rainy anyway. I think I'm gonna go to the one in two weeks

Cornfed
Fri May 4th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Thanks.

1. Cornfed
2. CBR-Cowboy
3. Radek?
4. Buddahson?

Updated

Cornfed
Fri May 4th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Weather isn't looking any better. WTF!

CBR-Cowboy
Sat May 5th, 2012, 08:58 AM
i'm going either way, unless they close the track. you guys pay online yet? or waiting til later? this is my first time to the track hehe. any tips/help would be awesome...

Cornfed
Sat May 5th, 2012, 11:15 AM
i'm going either way, unless they close the track. you guys pay online yet? or waiting til later? this is my first time to the track hehe. any tips/help would be awesome...

I'm still watching the weather but putting on new rubber today anticipating a dry track.
I have more to learn than I have to teach but I'm happy to help where I can.

The GECCO
Sun May 6th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Hey Guys and Gals, sorry for the bad news but based on the crappy forecast and the number of people pre-registered (a grand total of one) we are going to cancel the lapping day tomorrow. My apologies, hope to see you at the next one!

CBR-Cowboy
Sun May 6th, 2012, 05:28 PM
thanks for letting us know on here. so wanted to learn to ride in the rain! guess i should learn to ride dry first

Bueller
Sun May 6th, 2012, 05:46 PM
When you do go to one pre register online and save yourself some money over paying day of the event.
If you haven't gone to the website, do so for lapping day policies and download and fill out the required emergency contact info sheet an save yourself some time when you go to register/check in.

Cornfed
Sun May 6th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Hey Guys and Gals, sorry for the bad news but based on the crappy forecast and the number of people pre-registered (a grand total of one) we are going to cancel the lapping day tomorrow. My apologies, hope to see you at the next one!

Thats two rain cancellations in a row for me. :doublefinger: Mother nature!

tecknojoe
Sun May 6th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Thats two rain cancellations in a row for me. :doublefinger: Mother nature!

Do me a favor, don't sign up for the one two weeks from now :lol: