PDA

View Full Version : Pulled over doing 50 in a 30

chasemr2
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 08:48 AM
Just thought I'd share that I go busted doing 50 in a 30 this morning as I was rushing to my final. Apparently you can get out of a ticket just by pulling over, he just checked my insurance/registration, said "nice bike, slow it down" wished me luck on my final and that was that (Oh and all this to find that class was cancelled).

grim
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
Weird i never got out of any ticket ive ever pulled over for, but in any case...

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/gcc/Cool_story_bro_.jpg

DRKATO1
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 11:57 AM
You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

mathman1000
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

:lol:

ATL
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Just thought I'd share that I go busted doing 50 in a 30 this morning as I was rushing to my final. Apparently you can get out of a ticket just by pulling over, he just checked my insurance/registration, said "nice bike, slow it down" wished me luck on my final and that was that (Oh and all this to find that class was cancelled).
Apparently nothing. You got a nice traffic enforcement leo.

I just got my fare share of FVCK the other night, from an officer that wasn't as friendly.

First ticket on a bike... after 362 days of ownership.
-Chris

GuitarX
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Nice ending to the story! I was expecting the worst when I saw your title. Good on ya!

chasemr2
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:11 PM
"Apparently" was sarcasm, but he said something about only 1 in 4 sportbikes typically stop without attempting to get away first and officers in the area "give 'points' just for stopping." So moral of the story is, screw the gun range, just chill at Colfax and Wadsworth and we can work on bettering our image as sportbikers.

grim
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
"Apparently" was sarcasm, but he said something about only 1 in 4 sportbikes typically stop without attempting to get away first and officers in the area "give 'points' just for stopping." So moral of the story is, screw the gun range, just chill at Colfax and Wadsworth and we can work on bettering our image as sportbikers.

All i can say is don't get pulled over in Boulder county i have been twice and got tickets both times, one was even by a LEO on a motorcycle, the other i fought and won. I cant speak for Denver or Aurora i never speed in the city there's too many damn cops.

Zach929rr
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:20 PM

Had a similar experience last summer, except it was on 470 and was a very short burst around traffic... maybe 80?

Looked back to see if the other rider was with me, saw CSP lights, and was pulled over with my helmet and gloves off before he even stopped. "Slow it down son," and let me on my way.

chasemr2
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:22 PM
I usually don't ride aggressively on the streets just due to the many hazards and possible "bad fortunes" alone but it was early, I was late, and there was hardly any traffic, plus the final was a "make or break the grade" kind of test. I certainly don't need another mark on the already tainted driving record.

mistykz
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Two summers ago I came around a corner and saw a cop sitting in the entrance to a neighborhood, with his radar gun pointed at me. Saw how much I was speeding by (55 in a 25, but it's a completely empty road) and just pulled over and stopped in the entrance as well. The guy just laughed and let me go after checking the papers :)

Clovis
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
On our Devil's spine I got tagged for 72 in a 55 and he cut us loose. Even gave us some route advice :)

That night we ended up in Socorro, NM by mistake and some deputies we met in a dinner tried to help us out with route advice and joked that their cruisers top out at 130mph, wink wink!

In Colorado however I haven't received a warning in lieu of a ticket in 15 years.

mdub
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 05:11 PM
In Colorado however I haven't received a warning in lieu of a ticket in 15 years.

wow....bad luck with da cops.