PDA

View Full Version : [S Met] Avengers premier at Arapahoe & Parker

birchyboy
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 08:50 AM
Barn, Ezzzy and I are going to the Avengers premier tonight at 7:00. Anyone else going to be there?

mdub
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 08:55 AM
Wish I could go. Me and mrs mdub will be chking it out Saturday mornin.

salsashark
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
hmmmmmm... tempting...

I haven't seen hulk or thor. Think it will matter?

birchyboy
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
hmmmmmm... tempting...

I haven't seen hulk or thor. Think it will matter?

Likely not.

bulldog
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Barn, Ezzzy and I are going to the Avengers premier tonight at 7:00. Anyone else going to be there? Is this some special viewing you guys have set up? I thought it could not be shown till tonight at midnight. I even checked the theatre at Parker and Arapahoe and didn't see it showing till midnight or at any Denver Theatre today.

http://www.fandango.com/amcarapahoecrossing16_aaewn/theaterpage

Here shows 12:01am
http://www.fandango.com/amcarapahoecrossing16_aaewn/theaterpage?date=5/3/2012

Just wondering because if this is a VIP viewing at 7pm today that you can get all of us into I may be down to go! :D

salsashark
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
^^ yes... details please

~Barn~
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Can't wait. :bananna:

bulldog
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 12:19 PM
Can't wait. :bananna: So it's on for sure? Only asking so people don't drive all that way and find out it was a mistake and you meant tomorrow. :dunno:

~Barn~
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
So it's on for sure? Only asking so people don't drive all that way and find out it was a mistake and you meant tomorrow. :dunno:

I'm gonna have to defer to Alan on this one.

Ghosty
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Between this, DarkKnight Rising, and Promethius, looks to be an amazing summer for movies, woot!

Sully
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:25 PM
:imwithstupid: I agree, looks like a lot of good movies are coming out this summer/year!

Ghosty
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:34 PM
Forgot about the new Spiderman rehash too. Hopefully Avengers isn't as mediocre as the X-men sequels, Wolverine, SilverSurfer, etc. Nothing too spectacular with those, imo, just ok.

Ghost
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:47 PM
Forgot about the new Spiderman rehash too. Hopefully Avengers isn't as mediocre as the X-men sequels, Wolverine, SilverSurfer, etc. Nothing too spectacular with those, imo, just ok.

Spiderman looks like shit. Just saying. And I'm not going to see it.

I've a friend in Mexico, where Avengers already came out. He said it's Ok, not great. RD Jr. is fantastic, the guy who plays the Hulk does the smart-but-socially-inept Vs Stark's smart-and-cool super genius quite well, and Thor, Cap and BW are all basically forgettable. Loki is supposedly very well played, and Mace Windu is just his typical Sam L badass schtick.

Overall, he said it was better than Thor (easy since that was a snoozefest) and Cap America, but not as good as the Favreau Iron Man (1 in particular). It's your typical blow-shit-up to hide plot holes, and so it goes.

I'm going in with average-to-low expectations and assume that'll be about right...

birchyboy
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:49 PM
Sorry, it's a special invite premier put on by my Acura dealer. I should have mentioned that in the post, and asked if anyone else got an invite to attend. Sorry for the confusion. Maybe I'll bootleg it on my iPhone and post it up tomorrow :)

Ghost
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:50 PM
Sorry, it's a special invite premier put on by my Acura dealer. I should have mentioned that in the post, and asked if anyone else got an invite to attend. Sorry for the confusion. Maybe I'll bootleg it on my iPhone and post it up tomorrow :)

Lol, yeah, that's slightly different than just inviting every CSCer out to come watch...

Sully
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
just slightly.... :lol: :spit:

Ghost
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:53 PM
just slightly.... :lol: :spit:

:king:

birchyboy
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:54 PM
Lol, yeah, that's slightly different than just inviting every CSCer out to come watch...

Well, I actually didn't invite others (except for Barn and Ezzzzy) to attend - I just asked if anyone else was going to be there. Perhaps this belonged in a different forum.

Ghosty
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:59 PM
I'm going in with average-to-low expectations and assume that'll be about right...
Haven't seen anything about Spiderman yet, but can it possibly be worse than the Spidey sequels? Like when he does the John Travolta dancing around in that piano bar, omfg. Thank God I didn't actually pay to see any of those.

Ok, I guess I'll probably go in with really low expectations. Green Lantern was kinda lame too, forgot to mention that one. Plotholes bother me as much as you, make me want to shoot a bitch (director/writer) in frustration, lol. IM-1 was sweet, except when he flew about 2000 feet into a dune and came out alive, or when he pulled the entire IronMan suit out of a (tiny) briefcase (IM-2) and it magically assembled, LMAO!

Note to superhero movie writers, not everything in Jap Anime cartoons can be believably converted to live action, morons.

Never saw Thor, looked like a cheezefest. But Capt.American wasn't horrible, but just so-so.

mdub
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 01:59 PM
eh ....i can wait til it comes out on VHS

Ghost
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:05 PM
IM-1 was sweet, except when he flew about 2000 feet into a dune and came out alive, or when he pulled the entire IronMan suit out of a (tiny) briefcase (IM-2) and it magically assembled, LMAO!

heh, funny you mention that. I just watched IM-1 the other night, and that was my biggest immersion-breaking moment--besides the fact that I'm highly suspicious of the Mark 1 suit being that resistant to gunfire...but...overall the movie was pretty good--until the end when Iron Monger should have (easily) shot through Tony's little dipshit arm-deflector things... And, for that matter, even if the armor is impervious to impact, the human body inside isn't, so some of those hits from IM should/would have pulped Tony's internal organs...

Meh, comics and comics-based movies don't make a whole lot of sense if you apply real-world restrictions to it. ;)

Matheo
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Oh shit its out today!?!?! Im going to the track for a few hours, but i may leave early to go! I live right next to that theater too!

NVM just saw its friday! Count me in!

Ghost
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:09 PM
Oh shit its out today!?!?! Im going to the track for a few hours, but i may leave early to go! I live right next to that theater too!

Nope. Not for you. Only for Birchy and his red-carpet friends, he's just teasing everyone else. :p

birchyboy
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:10 PM

Read the full thread. You can't get in unless you have a Willy Wonka Golden Ticket. I should have never put it up here :violin:

birchyboy
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
Nope. Not for you. Only for Birchy and his red-carpet friends, he's just teasing everyone else. :p

Yes, we'll be on Fox news later as we sashay into the theater. I think Barn is going to wear his Hulk hands.

salsashark
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Read the full thread. You can't get in unless you have a Willy Wonka Golden Ticket. I should have never put it up here :violin:

nahh, it's cool... No matter what you put up, someone here's bound to misunderstand. It's only a matter of time before it's whored to death anyways.

Next time put a bunch of these in the OP though! :doublefinger::doublefinger::doublefinger:

Thanks for the clarification though.

grim
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:17 PM
I wont whore your thread, but only because you hooked me up with a bike stand :lol:

salsashark
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
I wont whore your thread, but only because you hooked me up with a bike stand :lol:

Pit bull?

if so, that little thing gets around... :lol:

birchyboy
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:21 PM
Pit bull?

if so, that little thing gets around... :lol:

Shit no, I'd never sell a Pit Bull stand!

birchyboy
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:22 PM

Too bad you couldn't come. I could have used a paper weight to keep my napkins from blowing away :eyebrows:

grim
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Too bad you couldn't come. I could have used a paper weight to keep my napkins from blowing away :eyebrows:

:doublefinger: