hes not just making clear lol

Hibs
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Yes 6-8 pm !!

WTF, they told me all day starting at 10 am when I called :mad:

madvlad
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
WTF, they told me all day starting at 10 am when I called :mad:

This... thank you! Reason why I always double check :)... I was told it runs till 5 pm

Ted
Wed May 2nd, 2012, 07:41 PM
If 6-8pm is right, then i'll definitely need to tow my gixxer back to Boulder.... wtf ???

Hibs
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
So what's the story??? Is it 10am-5pm or 6pm-8pm????

Mother Goose
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
They open at 10am..... dyno and food doesn't start till 6pm.

Hibs
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 02:50 PM
They open at 10am..... dyno and food doesn't start till 6pm.

When I called the service department a couple days ago, they said service opens at 9AM but they would probably start the dyno around 10am.

Do you work there, or who are you getting your info from? I don't know why we're getting two different stories :puppy:

I've got plans with the wife in the evening, so I'm just gonna show up around 11-11:30 and try to dyno for free, as I can't stick around for the 6-8pm thing.

Mother Goose
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
When I called the service department a couple days ago, they said service opens at 9AM but they would probably start the dyno around 10am.

Do you work there, or who are you getting your info from? I don't know why we're getting two different stories :puppy:

I've got plans with the wife in the evening, so I'm just gonna show up around 11-11:30 and try to dyno for free, as I can't stick around for the 6-8pm thing.
I got the info straight from Chris (Nori)'s mouth.... errr fingers, since he typed it.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Air/Fuel ratios as well?

Hibs
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 09:18 PM
I got the info straight from Chris (Nori)'s mouth.... errr fingers, since he typed it.

I have no idea who that is. I assume he works in service or something?

Air/Fuel ratios as well?

Last year they did not do AFR

big53lee
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 09:53 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8168/7137001281_a6a0e92712_b.jpg

:jawdrop: @ that R1

birchyboy
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 10:58 PM
How long does it take to do a dyno run?

WolFeYeZ
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 11:04 PM
How long does it take to do a dyno run?

10 minutes or so per bike. Maybe a little less.

AOK303
Thu May 3rd, 2012, 11:23 PM
hmm I'm gonna try to get off at 6 so i could be there 6:30ish any csc people want to hit this up i would love to dyno before i do the muffler and power commander this summer

Hibs
Fri May 4th, 2012, 02:53 PM
OK.... i called and cleared up the confusion about the time.

10am-5pm is free dyno runs, just for fun.

6-8pm is when the actual "shootout" starts. You must dyno between 6-8pm to be able to win a prize.

Last year they did $65 gift certificates to top bike in each category. Not sure what they have planned for this year.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri May 4th, 2012, 03:26 PM
You didn't ask about A/F readings?

Mother Goose
Fri May 4th, 2012, 05:02 PM
No A/F for free runs, takes too long to get set up, and hey, it's free.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri May 4th, 2012, 05:11 PM
No A/F for free runs, takes too long to get set up, and hey, it's free.

Have had dyno runs with A/F and don't recal it taking any extra time to shove the probe down the tailpipe.

But free it is and that's their prerogative. I need A/F readings as I believe I'm lean over 6.5krpm and don't wanna buy a PCIII on a hunch.

madvlad
Fri May 4th, 2012, 05:11 PM
I'll be there around 3

Mother Goose
Fri May 4th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Have had dyno runs with A/F and don't recal it taking any extra time to shove the probe down the tailpipe.

But free it is and that's their prerogative. I need A/F readings as I believe I'm lean over 6.5krpm and don't wanna buy a PCIII on a hunch.
PC3 is always a good thing to have anyways. But yeah, I was told a couple times before that since it's free, they don't take the extra time to hook it up and get the program running. They try to get people in and out since the line gets a little long at times. So the faster, the better. You still get 2-4 runs in while it's up there.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri May 4th, 2012, 05:22 PM
PC3 is always a good thing to have anyways. But yeah, I was told a couple times before that since it's free, they don't take the extra time to hook it up and get the program running. They try to get people in and out since the line gets a little long at times. So the faster, the better. You still get 2-4 runs in while it's up there.

is all good. beggers can't be choosers and free is free. Regardless of the reasons - information has value and if they don't want to give it all away for nothing then I understand (or a line of people standing around while a guy asks 43 questions about his A/F readings etc...)

Can't blame a guy for wishing though :)

AOK303
Fri May 4th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Damn no free dyno for me

Hibs
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM
doing an oil change right now then heading down there. i maybe be there around 11. green zx12r

Cap'n Crunch
Sat May 5th, 2012, 10:04 AM
If the weather looks good I should be there this evening.

1BadSvt
Sat May 5th, 2012, 10:12 AM
The Wife and I are going. Look out for a 98 blue and white GSXR and a Blue 954RR.

R1NORI
Sat May 5th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Sorry if there has been any confusion.

Just to clear it up.

Free dyno runs from 9am to 5 pm (any bike)

The "Horsepower Shootout" starts at 6pm and ends no later than 8pm
Each class winner gets a prize!
Must be present to win !

Open Class
1000 Class
750 Class
600 Class
V-Twin Class

Thanks
See You There !

R1NORI
Sat May 5th, 2012, 10:49 AM
A little after 8
We will ride down to
http://tipsysliquorworld.com/
for their bike night !

AOK303
Sat May 5th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Ill be the squid at 6:30ish

R1NORI
Sat May 5th, 2012, 03:14 PM
is all good. beggers can't be choosers and free is free. Regardless of the reasons - information has value and if they don't want to give it all away for nothing then I understand (or a line of people standing around while a guy asks 43 questions about his A/F readings etc...)

Can't blame a guy for wishing though :)

pull a spark plug !!

madvlad
Sat May 5th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Couldn't get my oil changed, work was ridiculous today unfortunately so won't be running the bike. Probably won't even head up at all, dead tired.

AOK303
Sat May 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM
lies lies come damir

madvlad
Sat May 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM
lies lies come damir

Can somebody let me borrow their teletransportation powers?.... so tired... the couch is so calling me lol

1BadSvt
Sat May 5th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Wife and I went. We made the long journey from the springs. I did get the bike on the Dyno but was hoping for a bigger turnout.......

madvlad
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:00 PM
It was pretty good, I showed up at the last minute after AOK called me and I am happy with the numbers :D... I'll post pic and vid

big53lee
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I would love to kno some numbers guyz!

AOK303
Sat May 5th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Me and crunch got there at 630 i got our runs on video will post up
Bone stock 2006 cbr1000rr 12.7k i did 135whp

Cap'n Crunch
Sat May 5th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Looking forward to the videos aok303! Thanks for putting on this event r1nori.
My 04 rc51 put down 110 Hp and got its butt kicked by a new multistrada.

Bashed
Sat May 5th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Looking forward to the videos aok303! Thanks for putting on this event r1nori.
My 04 rc51 put down 110 Hp and got its butt kicked by a new multistrada.

Age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.:cool:

My wife and I came up from the Springs as well. Kinda slow to start but picked up there at the end. Thanks R1Nori. Lots of close shootouts.
Sorry CC, I couldn't pass up the oppertunity.
Good to meet all you folks, perhaps we will do a ride sometime, I have lots of stories about my travels.

madvlad
Sun May 6th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Only two pics I took:

waiting in line (That's Bashed White Multistrada)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Rollatunerz1022/2012-05-05_19-52-14_522.jpg

My dyno numbers
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Rollatunerz1022/2012-05-05_20-18-09_344.jpg

Video of the pulls:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151062973504428

AOK303
Sun May 6th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Here is links for My bike and Capt. Crunch

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/544879_10151023986152166_761607165_13193162_637491 606_n.jpg

Capt. Crunch
http://www.facebook.com/ajax/flash/expand_inline.php?v=10151023961902166&target_div=uvqy6d_92&playertype=permalink&max_width=403&max_height=403&context=timelineSingle

My CBR
http://www.facebook.com/ajax/flash/expand_inline.php?v=10151024782642166&target_div=ua33xw_106&playertype=permalink&max_width=403&max_height=403&context=timelineSingle

Hibs
Sun May 6th, 2012, 11:54 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/HibsLX/photobucket-17087-1336281213552.jpg

I'm #2, behind the GIANT motor ZX14R.... not to shabby for a 12 year old bike with 17k miles and only bolt ons :-)

AOK303
Sun May 6th, 2012, 12:03 PM
does the video not play for you guys and if not Damir how did you get yours to work i have mine set as everyone in face book so they should be able to see it

madvlad
Sun May 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM
does the video not play for you guys and if not Damir how did you get yours to work i have mine set as everyone in face book so they should be able to see it

I just played the video so it's on the main screen, copied and pasted the link and that's all. I dk but your links are different than mine so I dk if it's something with a location issue or what :dunno:... I tried to load mine to Youtube but it disappeared off my phone for some reason, thankfully I did it to FB before hand.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/HibsLX/photobucket-17087-1336281213552.jpg

I'm #2, behind the GIANT motor ZX14R.... not to shabby for a 12 year old bike with 17k miles and only bolt ons :-) It's all about taking care of the bike and it'll put down good numbers still. Cause I was at 21k miles I didn't think I was going to put down more than 135hp but to my surprise it did 10hp over lol

Nvm guess I finished 4th then lol didn't see that 08 GSX-R on there at 153... My friend that works there dyno'd his ZX10R at 165hp with few mods and said that I dyno'd higher than most 09+ R1's that made their way earlier yesterday hehehe

Ghosty
Sun May 6th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Nvm guess I finished 4th then lol didn't see that 08 GSX-R on there at 153... My friend that works there dyno'd his ZX10R at 165hp with few mods and said that I dyno'd higher than most 09+ R1's that made their way earlier yesterday hehehe
What year and mods is your R1? Gratz. So '09 R1's were making less than 145? That's kinda disappointing considering the factory CHP rating. What mods on that ZX10?

Anyone know what correction factor they were using that day?

Any European bikes dyno?

Aok & Capn, how did your CBR's do?

madvlad
Sun May 6th, 2012, 01:24 PM
What year and mods is your R1? Gratz. So '09 R1's were making less than 145? That's kinda disappointing considering the factory CHP rating. What mods on that ZX10?

Anyone know what correction factor they were using that day?

Any European bikes dyno?

Aok & Capn, how did your CBR's do?

No mods on mine, 07' R1 bone stock. His ZX10R has an Akrapovic exhaust and a PC V with autotune... the only European bike I think it was Bashed's Multistrada, not sure if anything else dyno'd earlier in the day that was Euro.

Ghosty
Sun May 6th, 2012, 01:33 PM
No mods on mine, 07' R1 bone stock.
145whp stock, nice!

AOK303
Sun May 6th, 2012, 01:53 PM
That buell ran

I hit 135 which means i need to mod up

Cap'n Crunch
Sun May 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.:cool:

My wife and I came up from the Springs as well. Kinda slow to start but picked up there at the end. Thanks R1Nori. Lots of close shootouts.
Sorry CC, I couldn't pass up the oppertunity.
Good to meet all you folks, perhaps we will do a ride sometime, I have lots of stories about my travels.

Good to meet you too Bash. Im really impressed by that multistada - thats a great bike.

I couldn't get the video links to work for me, but it's no big deal. Pics look good AOK.

No mods on mine, 07' R1 bone stock. His ZX10R has an Akrapovic exhaust and a PC V with autotune... the only European bike I think it was Bashed's Multistrada, not sure if anything else dyno'd earlier in the day that was Euro.

That bike runs great vlad for being completely stock and have the miles it does. Not to far from the 1000cc winners.

AOK303
Sun May 6th, 2012, 06:12 PM
dunno why it wont let mine work and will let Damirs oi ill figure it out or send it too you on a link soon cap

Hibs
Sun May 6th, 2012, 06:23 PM
You cant really comparr these numbers, with those from other dynos. Even with their correction factor, this dyno reads about 15hp lower then sea-level dynos

madvlad
Sun May 6th, 2012, 07:05 PM
You cant really comparr these numbers, with those from other dynos. Even with their correction factor, this dyno reads about 15hp lower then sea-level dynos

So you are saying that even corrected these numbers are not accurate?

Ghosty
Sun May 6th, 2012, 07:32 PM
He's saying maybe just a tad low. Kinda like load-bearing dynos (e.g. CarZ, Revolutions) show more realistic (lower) HP than inertia (e.g. DynoJet, Mustang) units. Even among same types, you can get variances froms shop to shop, day to day.

Hibler, do you know of any local bikes that have dyno'd at more than one shop, with the same exact setup/tune in both places? That might be a decent comparo. Shoot, get two bikes (twice the data), and do runs at two shops in the same day (temp/humid). That would be a fairly accurate comparison.

It would be cool to see a BMW S1kR on their dyno, to see how its numbers compare to other stocker's dynos posted on the S1000RR.net forum, from coastal states.

madvlad
Sun May 6th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I do assume lower numbers due to various factors and all including altitude obviously but going to epic motorsports and try my luck there next weekend and see how it compares to the numbers I pulled yesterday

Sarge
Sun May 6th, 2012, 07:45 PM
He's saying maybe just a tad low. Kinda like load-bearing dynos (e.g. CarZ, Revolutions) show more realistic (lower) HP than inertia (e.g. DynoJet, Mustang) units. Even among same types, you can get variances froms shop to shop, day to day.

Hibler, do you know of any local bikes that have dyno'd at more than one shop, with the same exact setup/tune in both places? That might be a decent comparo. Shoot, get two bikes (twice the data), and do runs at two shops in the same day (temp/humid). That would be a fairly accurate comparison.

It would be cool to see a BMW S1kR on their dyno, to see how its numbers compare to other stocker's dynos posted on the S1000RR.net forum, from coastal states.

I was actually telling my friend about this event the other day. Sadly, I didn't see the posting here in time, or I would have ridden up and seen what my '12 S1kRR would have thrown down...

Ghosty
Sun May 6th, 2012, 07:47 PM
...going to epic motorsports and try my luck there next weekend and see how it compares to the numbers I pulled yesterday
Cool, be sure to ask for both uncorrected (raw) number and the one after CF is applied. Then let us know how they compare with yesterday's two numbers. :)

Sarge, I doubt you got much to worry about, most of the dyno's I've seen are around 185WHP, amazingly enough matching the factory rating, nizzzzze.

TinkerinWstuff
Sun May 6th, 2012, 08:01 PM

good post. The Dyno is a good tool for verifying results of changes made to a vehicle. Do a baseline run, make changes, see what the effects are. Getting a hard on for the number it threw down or bragging on other forums about some testosterone filled HP number is guaranteed to make you the butt of jokes.

Sure, they are fun in a event like this where you're comparing bike to bike - like racing but without the rider as a factor. At least more fun than all of us sitting around comparing spark plugs.

madvlad
Sun May 6th, 2012, 08:16 PM
So the raw number is the sea level number against the corrected one for altitude?... I'm not bragging on anything really, I was curious as of what approximate HP # the bike threw down being stock. Just want to understand more of the corrected vs raw numbers, that's all.

Ghosty
Sun May 6th, 2012, 08:42 PM
So the raw number is the sea level number against the corrected one for altitude?... I'm not bragging on anything really, I was curious as of what approximate HP # the bike threw down being stock. Just want to understand more of the corrected vs raw numbers, that's all.
The raw (uncorrected) number is the ACTUAL HP at this altitude. The software adds a CF (correction factor of 1.25 to add 25%) which it calculates based on the shop's altitude and climate factors (temp/humid). We get huge CF's up here because the mile high altitude robs motors of a lot of horsepower, especially N/A bikes. Turbo or SC'd motors suffer a little less loss, but are still less efficient than at sea-level. Since forced induction can make up somewhat for altitude, you really need to run a lower CF, maybe chop it in half.

For example, your R1 might've put down around 120 real HP, but with the CF, it tells you that it made 145whp. So you can ROUGHLY compare that number with uncorrected sea-level dyno numbers. But there are so many variables. Like Winker said, dyno's are a tuning tool, and can approximate real world sea-level horsepower, but it will not be super-accurate to compare with bikes from other shops, especially out of state.

I've dyno'd my Supra (since bone stock in 2001) dozens of times, for 11 years now, and have been witness to scores of heated debates about CF, sea-level, N/A vs. F.I., different types/brands of dynos, local shops with overly-generous CF, etc. :)

madvlad
Sun May 6th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the explanation bro, makes more sense now. And that's all I really wanted to know is what real approximate HP # I am actually using out of the bike. I'll make sure to ask for a raw number/CF when I run at Epic next Saturday.

TinkerinWstuff
Sun May 6th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the explanation bro, makes more sense now. And that's all I really wanted to know is what real approximate HP # I am actually using out of the bike. I'll make sure to ask for a raw number/CF when I run at Epic next Saturday.

So again - when was a machine calibrated, how was it calibrated, etc, etc...

Not to poop in the G-force thread, it's all fun. Comparing bike to bike on the same machine shows who's bike is pulling more power. Getting excited about the "number" is a bit of a waste.

When using the dyno as a tuning tool, you always go back to the same dyno to check results as the readings from one machine to another can vary.

Hibs
Sun May 6th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Not to poop in the G-force thread, it's all fun. Comparing bike to bike on the same machine shows who's bike is pulling more power. Getting excited about the "number" is a bit of a waste.

When using the dyno as a tuning tool, you always go back to the same dyno to check results as the readings from one machine to another can vary.

Yep, exactly... it's fun to compare bike vs bike, same dyno, around the same time. But Even the bikes that dyno'd around noon, then re-dyno'd in the evening picked up like 1-2 HP so there's a tad difference there.

Yes, I can give you two specific examples. First, the new ZX14R has been dynoing a pretty solid 195rwhp BONE STOCK all across the country. As you can see, the best the one pulled on Saturday was 180rwhp.... Also, the guy who owns that ZX14R previously owned a GSXR1000... he had dyno'd it last year at Bandimere on one of those Mobile dyno's... it put down 160rwhp.... he then sold it to a friend, bought the 14R, etc... well his friend brought the GSXR to G-force on Saturday, and it put down 149rwhp... so 11 less then what it read on the dyno at Bandimere.

So really, don't use it as a comparison to other bikes on the net. But compare to other bikes that dyno'd that same day at G-force.

madvlad
Sun May 6th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Eh whatever, hopefully epic says I do 350whp and then come back to G-force and dyno 146whp lol... it was still fun regardless of all the bs technicalities

TinkerinWstuff
Sun May 6th, 2012, 09:46 PM
it was still fun regardless of all the bs technicalities

That's what matters!:rock:

AOK303
Sun May 6th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Free dyno is all i remember

Ghosty
Mon May 7th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Another good way to see how much "actual" HP you have up here is to run hard at Bandi and note your trap speed. You can find calculators online (or formulas), plug in your total weight: ~450# wet? + driver weight + helmet/boots/clothes:

http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/Phil/bg/

http://www.dragtimes.com/horsepower-et-trap-speed-calculator.php

Great post #64 by Tinkerin above, right on the money.

First, the new ZX14R has been dynoing a pretty solid 195rwhp BONE STOCK all across the country. As you can see, the best the one pulled on Saturday was 180rwhp...

So really, don't use it as a comparison to other bikes on the net. But compare to other bikes that dyno'd that same day at G-force.
Nice. So MadV's R1 might be putting down around 155-160whp, right on. I'd rather have a dyno read low than high, that way you know that your vehicle makes at least as much as it says.

mastap07
Mon May 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I would love to kno some numbers guyz!

i ran last year and put down 150hp exaclty with my 09 R1. 99% stock besides the 2 M4 cans under the tail.

R1NORI
Tue May 8th, 2012, 07:07 AM
I was actually telling my friend about this event the other day. Sadly, I didn't see the posting here in time, or I would have ridden up and seen what my '12 S1kRR would have thrown down...

Bring it down anytime and we will run it for free for you !

R1NORI
Tue May 8th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Yep, exactly... it's fun to compare bike vs bike, same dyno, around the same time. But Even the bikes that dyno'd around noon, then re-dyno'd in the evening picked up like 1-2 HP so there's a tad difference there.

Yes, I can give you two specific examples. First, the new ZX14R has been dynoing a pretty solid 195rwhp BONE STOCK all across the country. As you can see, the best the one pulled on Saturday was 180rwhp.... Also, the guy who owns that ZX14R previously owned a GSXR1000... he had dyno'd it last year at Bandimere on one of those Mobile dyno's... it put down 160rwhp.... he then sold it to a friend, bought the 14R, etc... well his friend brought the GSXR to G-force on Saturday, and it put down 149rwhp... so 11 less then what it read on the dyno at Bandimere.

Oh yes ! The dyno, the ego bruiser ! All dynos read different across the country. There isn't two dynos that read the same. If you want a bragging number, go to Faster motorsports. Thiers reads about 14 hp higher than ours. (try to get a free run ! lol)
the thing that matters is the powercurve! Usable power, not total power!
My Vmax at Faster would be 187 rwhp Woo Hoo!

FZRguy
Wed May 9th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Yeah, my FZR was much higher than expected at Faster....91 IIRC. No way, no how.

R1NORI
Wed May 16th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Just dynoed a new BMW 1000 rr
171.6 on our dyno !!!!
That would have been third in the dyno shootout
2012 ZX-14 180
2009 Vmax 173
2010 BMW 1000 RR 171.6

Wow !!

AOK303
Wed May 16th, 2012, 01:10 PM
by any chance did that bmw come in for a rear tire? i told someone yesterday that you have a dyno but they want to get the new tire on first and they have a 2010 bmw

R1NORI
Wed May 16th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Well, Yes he did !

Thanks !!

Hibs
Wed May 16th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Just dynoed a new BMW 1000 rr
171.6 on our dyno !!!!
That would have been third in the dyno shootout
2012 ZX-14 180
2009 Vmax 173
2010 BMW 1000 RR 171.6

Wow !!

Beat me by half a HP.....Damn, it sounds like I need to come down and re-dyno.... I can't have all these new expensive liter bikes putting the 'ole girl to shame!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/HibsLX/Bike%20Pics/photobucket-3548-1337128780141.jpg

R1NORI
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 06:40 PM
Bring er down !!

Hibs
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 06:44 PM
Bring er down !!

I was there with the bike today, but didn't have the bottle filled. My damn valve gave out on me and won't seal. Ordered a valve rebuild kit, but I'm moving to California on Friday so won't have a chance to dyno it on the bottle before I leave :cussing:

Ohh well

big53lee
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 10:46 PM
by any chance did that bmw come in for a rear tire? i told someone yesterday that you have a dyno but they want to get the new tire on first and they have a 2010 bmw

Was it Brady?

big53lee
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 10:52 PM
Bring er down !!

Hey bro I've been dying to get my r1 on the dyno. What's it cost and when can I bring it down?