PDA

View Full Version : ... and after 4 1/2 years without a motorcycle....

HR636
Fri May 4th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Here she is:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/534903_3703593195809_1454853256_33157239_123339901 0_n.jpg

Can't pick it up until tuesday night, 7 Ducati Panigale's ahead of me before they can PDI my bike. I wonder if the oil pickup is in the front or the rear of the pan?

On an unrelated related note I am selling my Ruger LC9 with 100 rounds through it, 2 holsters 2 mags mag pouch and original box for 350. Had to put a pretty penny down on this puppy.

Also shout out to Erico Motorsports for giving me a killer deal.

madvlad
Fri May 4th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Very nice bro, congrats! Those on white are badass!

YrDaDy
Fri May 4th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Lookin good!

3D
Fri May 4th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Sexy....

mdub
Fri May 4th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Smokin hot......yowza

Jmetz
Fri May 4th, 2012, 09:24 PM
That's a hell of a jump from broke and moving to California a week ago. :lol: Its a nice bike thpugh!

AOK303
Fri May 4th, 2012, 09:55 PM
test rides ride!!!

vort3xr6
Fri May 4th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Goddamnit I love that bike. Ohlins, brembo monoblocks, great power. So jelly I could make 4 PBnJ's.

HR636
Sat May 5th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Quick shifter ;). I got a cosigner finally I only had 1500 saved for a vehicle so this works nbetter than something old and unreliable.

HR636
Sat May 5th, 2012, 12:12 AM
And I'm still moving to Cali

HR636
Tue May 8th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Just picked her up today. I feel like such a pussy, I have never owned anything this nice in my life before. I would rather stare at it than ride it right now.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/398911_3730642112015_1454853256_33170046_206521049 1_n.jpg

I'll get over that within the next couple days and I'll make her my bitch soon enough haha.

~Barn~
Tue May 8th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Great lookin' bike!

HR636
Tue May 8th, 2012, 08:31 PM
You should see the metallic sparkle in the sunlight. It's so fucking pretty. The only complaint I have so far is that upshifting doesn't feel nearly as tight as the big 4 but hopefully that'll break in.

Owen_R6
Tue May 8th, 2012, 08:57 PM
That thing is sick, man...

hands down in my top 3 favorite bikes (especially that color combo)

Ghost
Tue May 8th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Sweet bike.

But...I'd rather have the 2.5RS in the background...

Ghosty
Tue May 8th, 2012, 09:32 PM
But...I'd rather have the 2.5RS in the background...
I'd rather have the bike. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/tongue.gif

Congrats, beautiful!

derekm
Tue May 8th, 2012, 09:43 PM
coyote sells triumphs?

HR636
Tue May 8th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Shh.

aerofaze
Wed May 9th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Purrrrdy gurrrrl. :drool: Congrats!

sprtbkbabe
Wed May 9th, 2012, 08:17 AM
:yumyum: NOYCE!

mastap07
Wed May 9th, 2012, 09:35 AM
siiiick

derekm
Wed May 9th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Replace the elec idle motor w a idle cable (you'll have to tap the bracket) and go

Ghosty
Wed May 9th, 2012, 09:56 AM
coyote sells triumphs?
He got it from Erico.

Vance
Wed May 9th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Here she is:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/534903_3703593195809_1454853256_33157239_123339901 0_n.jpg

Can't pick it up until tuesday night, 7 Ducati Panigale's ahead of me before they can PDI my bike. I wonder if the oil pickup is in the front or the rear of the pan?

On an unrelated related note I am selling my Ruger LC9 with 100 rounds through it, 2 holsters 2 mags mag pouch and original box for 350. Had to put a pretty penny down on this puppy.

Also shout out to Erico Motorsports for giving me a killer deal.

What did you ride before HR?
I'm curious as to what you did to come to the decision of that particular motorcycle after that long.

Reason I ask - I'm about a year out from getting a new bike... yes, 1 more year... obligations, obligations...
The 675 is a top contender without having actually been on one yet.
I have several others - I always start with a list and narrow it down - but the Daytona remains as one that highly intrigues me as a very logical, stylish, and powerful choice if I go sub-liter.

I'd love to hear your decision process - as well as your overall reviews on the bike once you've had some time behind the helm.

HR636
Wed May 9th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Replace the elec idle motor w a idle cable (you'll have to tap the bracket) and go

Hey so everything is awesome so far, except for the fact that the transmission is being rough as fuck, all gears past 2nd I have to pull the clutch in let it idle down and shift twice in order to shift into the next gear. Is this normal or do I have to take it in to get a new transmission. I've got about 80 miles on it now.

HR636
Wed May 9th, 2012, 11:16 PM
For example, it won't shift into 3rd gear unless I pull the clutch in wait for the revs to drop to idle speed, shift up once, and then shift up again. Then it'll finally click into gear.

HR636
Wed May 9th, 2012, 11:25 PM
What did you ride before HR?
I'm curious as to what you did to come to the decision of that particular motorcycle after that long.

Reason I ask - I'm about a year out from getting a new bike... yes, 1 more year... obligations, obligations...
The 675 is a top contender without having actually been on one yet.
I have several others - I always start with a list and narrow it down - but the Daytona remains as one that highly intrigues me as a very logical, stylish, and powerful choice if I go sub-liter.

I'd love to hear your decision process - as well as your overall reviews on the bike once you've had some time behind the helm.

74 Cb200
92 CBR F2
03 GSX-R600
02 F4i
01 F4i
02 954RR
03 F4i
05 ZX-636
3 XR / CRF-50's
82 Maxim 650
Triumph 675R

My decision process was to buy a 600 with torque cause I honestly don't care for liter bikes. If Kawi still made a 636 I'd have probably gone for that. The 2 year unlimited mile warranty (including fork seals) Ohlins forks, rear suspension and Brembo mono calipers didn't help Kawi out much either.

It was either spend 10,500++ on the Kawi while albeit has really nice Showa big piston forks and a pretty decent motor, or spend about a grand more and get a bike I'll never see anybody else riding.

I get more looks on this thing than you could imagine. It's the lightest most agile most confidence inspiring sportbike I've ever ridden, and the power is insane for a 600. It's linear, but unlike an L or V-twin still instead of hitting the rev limiter when you least expect it keeps pulling hard. I have never looked down at a speedo before and wondered how I was doing 95mph when casually shifting through the gears. Roll on in 6th is surprisingly peppy even at 55-60mph. None of that bog you get with the inline 4's, just power immediately.

Cornering on it to me feels like turning in a 250 with the stability of a 1000. That has a lot to do with the suspension I'm guessing, but also how light and slim the bike is.

Hopefully my transmission doesn't need replaced though, I can't have my only form of transportation at this point going into service for major mechanical work. I am just hoping that for some reason the tolerances are extremely tight from the factory and that as I put more miles on it the gearbox will shift correctly.

AOK303
Wed May 9th, 2012, 11:35 PM
make them loan you a bike

HR636
Wed May 9th, 2012, 11:42 PM
make them loan you a bike

That's easier said than done. I have to go pick up my hat I left tomorrow so I'll have a tech ride it around. If it does need replaced, either a loaner bike or triumph needs to pay for a rental car. I'd just assume at that point they give me a brand new bike since it's got less than 100 miles on it. It had 15.something when I rode it off the lot.

birchyboy
Thu May 10th, 2012, 02:01 AM
I'm not familiar with the bike enough to know, but does it have a hydraulic clutch? If so, did they fill it all the way? Good luck.

HR636
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I'm not familiar with the bike enough to know, but does it have a hydraulic clutch? If so, did they fill it all the way? Good luck.

Clutch cable, just a little more than 1/4 inch slack, disengages fully at the half way point between the grip. I was talking to a friend last night and he thinks the shift linkage may have too much play because it's higher gears instead of lower gears, I'll check that when I get into work.

Ghosty
Thu May 10th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Damn, sorry to hear that. Have you looked online for other people with similar problem on the '12?

HR636
Thu May 10th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Now the shift fork and all kinds of bullshit are ruined in the transmission. Erixo has refused to replace my bike or unwind my contract. I have contacted triumph USA personally as well as the credit union. They will not do anything for me. They are holding my bike hostage until parts come in and I have no transportation. I will never do business with Erico nor will I ever recommend them to anyone. I am so livid. I'm going to lose my job because I can't get to work now.

HR636
Thu May 10th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Now the shift fork and all kinds of bullshit are ruined in the transmission. Erixo has refused to replace my bike or unwind my contract. I have contacted triumph USA personally as well as the credit union. They will not do anything for me. They are holding my bike hostage until parts come in and I have no transportation. I will never do business with Erico nor will I ever recommend them to anyone. I am so livid. I'm going to lose my job because I can't get to work now.

They have even refused to give me a loaner or do anything for me. The owner john personally told me he doesn't give a fuck and it is what it is. Bikes do not come from the factory with bent shift forks. The asshole tech that built my bike fucked it up within the 20 miles he put on it before I took delivery.

Ghosty
Thu May 10th, 2012, 05:46 PM
DAMN! What total bullshit, 20 miles and they still sell it as new? If they don't take care of you, go to every bike night and meet, and spread the word about Erico's shady practices and zero customer service! Seriously, get the word out, get all your bike friends to tell their friends, post it online, Facebook, etc., etc.

Hopefully at least they fix the damn thing. Now I know to steer clear of those clowns.

Ezzzzy1
Thu May 10th, 2012, 06:48 PM
They have even refused to give me a loaner or do anything for me. The owner john personally told me he doesn't give a fuck and it is what it is. Bikes do not come from the factory with bent shift forks. The asshole tech that built my bike fucked it up within the 20 miles he put on it before I took delivery.

I would have been pissed that they gave me my new bike with 20 miles on it! I have bought 4 new bikes over the years and the most miles I ever saw on any of them was 4.5. 20 seems way overboard.

HR636
Thu May 10th, 2012, 07:46 PM
They said that's their "standard" procedure to run the bike through 20 miles of testing to make sure it's factory spec and rides good. I did lose my job today. I spent 14,000 out the door with gear GAP and tire coverage and they're treating me like shit SPECIFICALLY because I didn't let them make a ton of money on me. The sales manager acted like he did ME a favor by selling me a bike. That I owe HIM something because I bought a bike for 500 dollars over cost that they only own 3 of. They have 2 more IN STOCK in their warehouse and REFUSE to switch me out of mine into one that runs correctly from the factory. They REFUSE to unwind my loan so I can go to another dealership. They are doing everything in their power to hold me under the gun and at their discretion.

I talked to the owner john personally and asked him for a favor as someone in the industry and for some professional courtesy to unwind rewind me into a fresh bike, as this one has obvious major mechanical issues, and he told me I stormed in there demanding a good deal so I'm stuck with what I've got. I told him I called triumph USA before I spoke with him and they advised me to request a different bike from their inventory. Then he got so angry he told me FINE your bike is going to sit until I talk to triumph since you went behind my back etc etc.

Boycott Erico, fuck them. Fuck everybody in that place, they are the worst dealership I've ever had the displeasure of working with.

BENT SHIFT FORK AND DETENTS DO NOT COME FROM THE FACTORY. YOU RODE MY BIKE AND FUCKED IT UP BEFORE I TOOK DELIVERY NOW OWN UP TO YOUR MISTAKES AND FIX IT. FIX IT.

HR636
Thu May 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
By the way Erico if you're reading this, your tech told me that he would "rig" it to work until the parts could come in. I have that conversation recorded, as well as my conversations with you, and with triumph. I have EVERYTHING recorded. I will take this to court. Do the right thing before I send this all to triumph and have your sales and service license revoked.

All you had to do is be a nice guy, an honest dealer, and fix your mistake. Now you've got a shit storm that you can't fucking handle.

mdub
Thu May 10th, 2012, 07:53 PM
God Damn man this is a living fucking night - mare....Dude you might want to go to a news station and tell your story. Here is a link http://www.thedenverchannel.com/call7investigators/index.html

HR636
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:02 PM
If everyone could do me a favor and please call (303) 308-1811, speak to John, or speak to justin. Tell them you will never do business with them again unless I'm given a new bike or allowed to unwind my loan. We will spread the word and start a full on boycott. I will stand with a picket fence up and down the street if I have to and contact every radio, tv, media outlet, etc that I can. I will tell every person in the world I come in contact with never to buy a motorcycle at your dealership. Is this really worth replacing a bike with under 100 miles on it that has a blown transmission?

Jmetz
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:17 PM
9 wants to know... No offense man but it's no secret that Erico sucks. I've always heard more bad then good about that place. I hope things work out for you. They'll never get my business, that's for sure!

highpsi03
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:20 PM
You lost your job because your bike doesn't shift right? Doesn't make much sense to me. Catch a ride, walk or ride the bus bro. Sucks about the bike but it's your own fault you lost your job. Bent shift forks don't come from the factory is right and i bet they are thinking the same thing, that you bent the forks, not them.

Hoot
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:26 PM
If you can show me how to bend shift forks in 100 miles, I'll be mightily impressed.

Ezzzzy1
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I would totally be willing to try to help but I think the best thing to do right now is chill. Dont get me wrong, I would be furious as well but there is nooo way they are going to work with anyone that is making threats (even if you are going to back them up).

Before you know it, this thread will be a hundred posts long and tons of shit will have been said.

Enough has been said for now and I am pretty sure they know where you stand. This is a pretty big deal and I would hate to see you mess anything up because of how the situation is dealt with.

DeKay
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I wonder if the oil pickup is in the front or the rear of the pan?

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/customavatars/avatar1460_2.gif

Hmmm... I believe it was the tech for sure.

longrider
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:50 PM

You know, that was totally not called for, Just because HR636 has riidden freestyle and may be planning on doing it again does not mean he does not know how to break in a bike! Also, I have rebuilt MANY freestyle bikes and have never seen a transmission failure like described. The fact is that the finesse required to keep it up on one while running through the gears would keep you from banging gears hard enough to damage shift forks. To be honest a hard track series of clutchless upshifts is much harder on a transmission

Kole.S
Thu May 10th, 2012, 09:07 PM

DeGay:piss:

Ghosty
Thu May 10th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I agree with Eeezzy's post above. Don't do anything too radical until they take care of you, and make sure you stay in contact with Triumph USA corporate.

HR636
Fri May 11th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I agree with Eeezzy's post above. Don't do anything too radical until they take care of you, and make sure you stay in contact with Triumph USA corporate.

I already talked to Triumph USA they're assigning a supervisor to investigate. I was told by erico the repairs could be made through the clutch cover and the crankcase would not have to be split on my bike which the gentleman Matthew at Triumph advised me was not possible. Both the shift detent and shift fork can only be disassembled and replaced once the crankcase has been split.

Guys I've been riding for 10 years, and I've never had one transmission fail on me nor have I needed to even replace a clutch on any of my bikes. I have never broken in a new bike incorrectly, and I did nothing but baby this bike.

HR636
Fri May 11th, 2012, 11:37 AM
You know, that was totally not called for, Just because HR636 has riidden freestyle and may be planning on doing it again does not mean he does not know how to break in a bike! Also, I have rebuilt MANY freestyle bikes and have never seen a transmission failure like described. The fact is that the finesse required to keep it up on one while running through the gears would keep you from banging gears hard enough to damage shift forks. To be honest a hard track series of clutchless upshifts is much harder on a transmission

This bike has a quick shifter that would prevent any damage to the transmission. I'm thinking one of the techs thought it worked for downshifts and slammed it down the gears. That's the only thing I can think of that would have done that.

I didn't even so much as attempt a wheelie on it, nor have I ever shifted in a wheelie because I ride them at balance point.

Ghosty
Fri May 11th, 2012, 12:21 PM
I was just curious, what are the laws in Colorado for selling a vehicle as new? Under 30 miles? Whatever it is, I'm sure the law is too lenient in favor of the dealer, and 20 miles "for tech to check it out" is bullshit on the dealer's part. Fuck Erico.

Wrider
Fri May 11th, 2012, 12:32 PM
FWIW I've never been on a test ride longer than 5 miles unless the issue is "when the bike has been operating for a while, it does XXXXX".
As far as being sold as new, Mom bought a new car with well over 3K on it. It was the dealer's wife's "demo" car. The only restriction is that it can't have been registered before.

salsashark
Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:01 PM
So out of random curiosity... How long did you give them before going off the handle? This thread went from love to hat in about 1.1 posts. I bought my bike from Justin, I've dealt with Ron and Jon on warranty issues. They've been nothing but professional with me. Otherwise, they certainly would have not gotten my money. If you went in with a head full of steam and accusations, it's no wonder they went on the defensive.

As for the losing the job thing... that's on you man. There are plenty of people who manage to get to and from work on a daily basis without a personal means of transportation.

Situation sucks all the way around. I hope you get it straightened out and are eventually happy with your ride.

HR636
Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:29 PM
So out of random curiosity... How long did you give them before going off the handle? This thread went from love to hat in about 1.1 posts. I bought my bike from Justin, I've dealt with Ron and Jon on warranty issues. They've been nothing but professional with me. Otherwise, they certainly would have not gotten my money. If you went in with a head full of steam and accusations, it's no wonder they went on the defensive.

As for the losing the job thing... that's on you man. There are plenty of people who manage to get to and from work on a daily basis without a personal means of transportation.

Situation sucks all the way around. I hope you get it straightened out and are eventually happy with your ride.

I didn't accuse anybody of anything, all I did was ask politely for a different bike. I wasn't allowed to have a loaner, the salesman called me a douchebag (post sale, pre service) to my parts manager not knowing I was on speaker with him and asking about a hookup on an arrow exhaust system.

Look, I know the price of these bikes. I know they made at the very least $1500 profit off of me, maybe not the full 3-4k, but it's one deal, and to whine about it after the fact because you didn't make as much money as you think you deserve is childish. I do plenty of nothing deals for people that I make nothing off, and I'm always courteous and respectful afterward.

It's part of sales, you win some you lose some. You can't replace the customer, you can always replace the bike. I was more than willing to put a good name out there for all of them even after being called a douchebag by the salesman, until this went down. Now guess what, no service from me, no warranty work, no parts, no gear, nothing ever again. They could have continued to make profit off of me through the service and parts department for the rest of my life, and I may have even bought another bike from them in the future.

If you want a break down, I paid 11,800 for the bike with an invoice of 11,200 which still has dealer pac in it. I paid full price for their fees, (almost 1,100 dollars) bought tire and gap at FULL price (additional 700) and 600 dollars worth of gear. Now is that something to whine about?

birchyboy
Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM
It's a tough situation you're in but that's what the warranty is for. I've only bought one new bike in my life (because I'm cheap), but I can't imagine going in and demanding a new bike because yours came with an issue. Hopefully they'll get the issue resolved and you'll be riding off to Cali soon.

Ghost
Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I was just curious, what are the laws in Colorado for selling a vehicle as new? Under 30 miles? Whatever it is, I'm sure the law is too lenient in favor of the dealer, and 20 miles "for tech to check it out" is bullshit on the dealer's part. Fuck Erico.

There is no statute regarding miles, just title. As long as the car's never been titled or registered, it can be sold as new. It's how both dealership and corporate demos can be sold as "new" vehicles (for a discount) with miles on them.

HR636
Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:47 PM
It's a tough situation you're in but that's what the warranty is for. I've only bought one new bike in my life (because I'm cheap), but I can't imagine going in and demanding a new bike because yours came with an issue. Hopefully they'll get the issue resolved and you'll be riding off to Cali soon.

So if you bought a 14,000 dollar honda civic, and your transmission failed within the first 100 miles, they gave you no rental car, no opportunity to get into a different vehicle, nothing other than it'll get fixed when it get fixed and not even an apology for the inconvenience, you wouldn't at least ask for something out of the ordinary to be done as a courtesy?

HR636
Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:48 PM
There is no statute regarding miles, just title. As long as the car's never been titled or registered, it can be sold as new. It's how both dealership and corporate demos can be sold as "new" vehicles (for a discount) with miles on them.

It hasn't been warranty registered with triumph, it hasn't been titled or registered in my name. They have the full ability to swap me out and sell it as brand new when it's finished but refuse to do so. Nobody even has a record I own this thing. They're doing everything in their power to keep me in a lemon because I got a "good" deal on the bike.

I've been in the car business for the last 2 years, I've seen vehicles with 400 miles swapped out for a customer because they didn't realize it was a 2wd instead of a 4wd. This was O'Meara ford. I have personally driven 8 hours each way to Garden City Kansas for a customer on a 200 dollar mini (nothing deal for the dealer, basically no profit) on a new Ford explorer. I spent the night in my vehicle, and paid for my own expenses. I did this JUST so I could get the exact color (black on black) they wanted. I have gone above and beyond, out of my way, in every way possible to make sure my customers have the best service possible, and I expect to be treated the same way.

Ghost
Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:49 PM
So if you bought a 14,000 dollar honda civic, and your transmission failed within the first 100 miles, they gave you no rental car, no opportunity to get into a different vehicle, nothing other than it'll get fixed when it get fixed and not even an apology for the inconvenience, you wouldn't at least ask for something out of the ordinary to be done as a courtesy?

Problem is, in CO there's no Lemon Law coverage on bikes, only cars and passenger trucks.

So, dealerships have to be more courteous and go out of their way when you buy that Civic, when it's a motorcycle dealer they can simply tell you to go pound sand and you've got no recourse.

Not that they should, but given it's Erico, it doesn't surprise me at all.

Ghost
Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:53 PM
It hasn't been warranty registered with triumph, it hasn't been titled or registered in my name. They have the full ability to swap me out and sell it as brand new when it's finished but refuse to do so. Nobody even has a record I own this thing. They're doing everything in their power to keep me in a lemon because I got a "good" deal on the bike.

Unfortunately, without a Lemon Law, they're under no obligation to swap you out. They can say the warranty covers any defects, and that it'll be fixed under warranty and that's all their obligated to do--and, legally, they're right, it is all they have to do.

Your only recourse, if they don't help (out of goodwill), is to get a lawyer and pursue action under general consumer product laws--the same ones that cover defective merchandise like appliances and electronics, but, again, there's no legal obligation for them to swap you out.

Sorry man.

HR636
Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Unfortunately, without a Lemon Law, they're under no obligation to swap you out. They can say the warranty covers any defects, and that it'll be fixed under warranty and that's all their obligated to do--and, legally, they're right, it is all they have to do.

Your only recourse, if they don't help (out of goodwill), is to get a lawyer and pursue action under general consumer product laws--the same ones that cover defective merchandise like appliances and electronics, but, again, there's no legal obligation for them to swap you out.

Sorry man.

Yeah man, I'm aware of the laws in this case and that's why I got angry, they're using it to their advantage because they know I know they don't have to do anything for me. They know they have me by the throat at this point.

birchyboy
Fri May 11th, 2012, 02:02 PM

No, unless a rental car or loaner was included in the contract. From their perspective they met their obligation of the sale. You gave them money and they gave you the agreed upon bike. Once you've signed the contract they're under no further obligation to do anything unless it was agreed to. I'm not saying they haven't treated you poorly, by calling you names or whatever, but that's another point.

If they were to give you another bike, then they have to deal with a bum unit on their dime (because I doubt Triumph would take it back) and then sell it as used at a substantial discount. They're there to make money not lose it. You have every right as a consumer to pitch a royal shit fit if you want to, but my guess is for every 1 person that feels they suck there are 10 or more that love them, with Salsa being one example. If I ever do look for a new Triumph/Ducati/whatever I'll keep your story in the back of mind but it won't keep me from doing business there.

Again, I hope they fix your bike and you can enjoy it in the near future. Good luck.

Ghost
Fri May 11th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Yeah man, I'm aware of the laws in this case and that's why I got angry, they're using it to their advantage because they know I know they don't have to do anything for me. They know they have me by the throat at this point.

I assume you've called Triumph's Customer Care line and registered a complaint? If not, definitely do so. I've worked at both dealerships and for OEMs, and once you go over the dealership's head and get corporate involved you --might-- get a better response.

Might not, some OEMs just leave it up to their dealers since (for bikes) there's no repercussions for the manufacturer, but...worth a shot.

HR636
Fri May 11th, 2012, 02:05 PM
No, unless a rental car or loaner was included in the contract. From their perspective they met their obligation of the sale. You gave them money and they gave you the agreed upon bike. Once you've signed the contract they're under no further obligation to do anything unless it was agreed to. I'm not saying they haven't treated you poorly, by calling you names or whatever, but that's another point.

If they were to give you another bike, then they have to deal with a bum unit on their dime (because I doubt Triumph would take it back) and then sell it as used at a substantial discount. They're there to make money not lose it. You have every right as a consumer to pitch a royal shit fit if you want to, but my guess is for every 1 person that feels they suck there are 10 or more that love them, with Salsa being one example. If I ever do look for a new Triumph/Ducati/whatever I'll keep your story in the back of mind but it won't keep me from doing business there.

Again, I hope they fix your bike and you can enjoy it in the near future. Good luck.

They would not have to sell it as used, they would sell it as new at a discount and they've already made money off the hours it's been in service for this repair. Triumph is investigating at this point and may or may not buy the bike back from me.

birchyboy
Fri May 11th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Check out post #3.

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?p=816268

This might help you but I'm not sure. You might not be the only person with shifter issues.

HR636
Fri May 11th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I assume you've called Triumph's Customer Care line and registered a complaint? If not, definitely do so. I've worked at both dealerships and for OEMs, and once you go over the dealership's head and get corporate involved you --might-- get a better response.

Might not, some OEMs just leave it up to their dealers since (for bikes) there's no repercussions for the manufacturer, but...worth a shot.

I've registered 2 complaints and have a supervisor investigating right now. Triumph has been amazing with their customer service.

birchyboy
Fri May 11th, 2012, 02:08 PM
They would not have to sell it as used, they would sell it as new at a discount and they've already made money off the hours it's been in service for this repair. Triumph is investigating at this point and may or may not buy the bike back from me.

I think they probably would because the title would have already been submitted for the VIN with your name on it. Glad they're looking into it now.

HR636
Fri May 11th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Check out post #3.

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?p=816268

This might help you but I'm not sure. You might not be the only person with shifter issues.

I've looked at those threads, and all of that could be due to abuse, wear and tear from a used bike. I'm not saying triumph is perfect, but for a bike to roll out of the crate and be delivered with a bent shift fork, even after the 20 miles the tech put on it, obviously knowing there was an issue. I mean I noticed it within the first 10 miles back to my dealership, called the service department and was told it needed to be broken in and that's why it felt rough. I came in to pick up my gear and was told the same thing, break it in, and yesterday when I was on my way to work and it wouldn't shift out of 2nd gear is when I finally realized there was a major issue.

I had never ridden a triumph before so I had no idea what the shifter was supposed to feel like compared to any other bike. This is why it took me so long to finally say okay there's something incredibly wrong here. Otherwise I would have turned right back around and dropped it off the second I got on it.

HR636
Fri May 11th, 2012, 02:12 PM
I think they probably would because the title would have already been submitted for the VIN with your name on it. Glad they're looking into it now.

Mailed, but they can contact the dmv and tell them not to register it. I talked to my GM about this all day yesterday and he said no matter what anybody says he CAN make it happen if he wants to, and said in his case he would do this for his customer. This is why it's so irritating.

Ezzzzy1
Fri May 11th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I would take it to another Triumph for repair... 1. im not sure I would trust them and 2. it would fuck them out of the repair hours.

Oh and no one down there wants to talk about this "situation", I tried.

Jmetz
Fri May 11th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I would take it to another Triumph for repair... 1. im not sure I would trust them and 2. it would fuck them out of the repair hours.

Oh and no one down there wants to talk about this "situation", I tried.

I agree. There's already bad blood, I would pick it up and take it elsewhere.

Zach929rr
Fri May 11th, 2012, 02:39 PM
PM vehicle_1 on here and ask him who he used for his Ducati lemon case here in CO. Lmk if he doesn't get back to you and ill tell him to check the board.

salsashark
Fri May 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
They're there to make money not lose it. You have every right as a consumer to pitch a royal shit fit if you want to, but my guess is for every 1 person that feels they suck there are 10 or more that love them, with Salsa being one example.

Hey now... I never said I "loved" them :lol:

Just stating my experience. I'm not a fan of these pack mentality threads where people just pile on with completely useless "F them" comments. I think every dealer has a love/hate relationship with the public.

I've found that when you swing an ax, people duck. That's all I was getting at, and that's why I asked. My warranty experiences are my own, but I believe that there should always be a level of professionalism while dealing with issues such as this. Back when I was a ski bum and working in shops in the area, we were always willing to work with people who were willing to work with us. The one's who came in expecting us to kiss their ass off the bat and treating us like underlings were not the ones we bent over backwards for.

Ghosty
Fri May 11th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I'm not a fan of these pack mentality threads where people just pile on with completely useless "F them" comments.
I hear ya, but it seems to me like they aren't taking care of customer service very well. I don't know the entire story, only the CSC owner's side of it, but so far seems legit. I vote with my wallet, been burned too many times. If this was a used bike, I wouldn't be on the hate bandwagon as much, believe me. I expect to hear better stories with a new bike purchase. IMO, they probably know EXACTLY what they did to that bike to fuck up the shift forks in the first 20 miles. Now they're gonna do everything to fix it to save their own ass and money.

Also, 20 miles is still horseshit to me, but that might be why he got it for $1k less than usual, who knows. Hindsight is 20/20, if it was ME, I wouldn't even buy a NEW bike with 10 miles or more. If it was a demo and being sold at a slight discount because other people have testdrove it, that's a different story. For new, they don't need to drive it more than 5 miles to season the new fluids, check shifting, motor, everything's kosher, etc., IMO.

koop
Fri May 11th, 2012, 04:08 PM
After 1500 miles a vehicle is considered used. While the Lemon Law doesn't cover bikes the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act does. MMWA is better in some ways as fees only go one way, unlike the Lemon Law which is loser pays.

MMWA gets you diminished value of the vehicle plus attorney fees.

HR636
Sat May 12th, 2012, 06:44 PM
So I was promised my bike tonight with overnight parts. Now I'm waiting til Tuesday after a call from the service manager. I just hope they don't go in and destroy shit for the fuck of it. Better knews is I just got a job at foothills making better money and my bike will now bw be serviced correctly. If they did anything I will soon find out. Once again I still have all phone calls recorded ready for an attorney if the bike isn't delivered by Tuesday with no damage

derekm
Sat May 12th, 2012, 08:51 PM
So I was promised my bike tonight with overnight parts. Now I'm waiting til Tuesday after a call from the service manager. I just hope they don't go in and destroy shit for the fuck of it. Better knews is I just got a job at foothills making better money and my bike will now bw be serviced correctly. If they did anything I will soon find out. Once again I still have all phone calls recorded ready for an attorney if the bike isn't delivered by Tuesday with no damage

Scott I would ask if there is a certified triumph tech and also leave a message asap that if it hasn't been worked on yet to hault & have a more reputable dealership (hey looks like you work at one now!) perform further diag & repair. just my $.02. Sounds like you're in the correct frame of mind on a bike that not everyone rides(less input than say a cbr or ninja) by not giving up on the 675. I simply think they are the best 600 cc bike out there and def unique compared to all the inline 4's & v twins out there. either way good luck & hope you never decide to buy a new guzzi!

birchyboy
Sat May 12th, 2012, 09:05 PM

Good news on both points. Congrats

#1Townie
Sun May 13th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Hey scotty.

derekm
Sun May 13th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Hey scotty.

Yo t! Hope I never need it but do u have a denver hook up I could contact for a discounted tow?

#1Townie
Sun May 13th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I might bur I havent talked to thwm in a while. Yeah those denver towers charge three arms and a first born. If its something you just need moved hit me up. I will take care of you.

Scotty. Please just at least respond to my pm.

TransNone13
Sun May 13th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Ugh, awesome... I'm on their waiting list for an 1199. So far I haven't really had any complaints outside of what was expected. They seemed nice enough in person and on the phone. Obviously they weren't going to discuss any discounts. Neither did Fay though. I went to Erico out of spite due to the fact I purchased a RC8R from Fay cash and they didn't want to work with me at all. If I have to jump ship, I'm out my deposit (store credit) and my place in line.

derekm
Tue May 15th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Update?

Ghosty
Wed Jun 27th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah, whatever happened with your bike? Foothills fix up that clutch/tranny like new? Original problem/cause discovered? Do you still work there?

salsashark
Fri Jun 29th, 2012, 01:03 PM
So inquiring minds want to know... Was there ever a resolution?

salsashark
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 09:19 AM
still curious...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-aPKR3thNnsw/THMes45xGbI/AAAAAAAAL_8/c1DoDPfB2Uw/s300/this_little_piggy.gif

Did Erico get you straightened out? Did Triumph? Are you under a strict gag order?

TransNone13
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 06:57 PM
This thread stinks of sketch and trolling...