PDA

View Full Version : complt Brembo vs Galfter or EBC rotors

Samurai_busa
Tue Jul 19th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Okay,
I managed to be stupid enough to get distracted and bent the front rotor on my Busa. I thought brakes would be one of the things I'd start up-grading anyhow, so... This is for road rides and light-medium twisties enjoyment.

My debate is a complete Brembo for double the price of just replacing the front rotors with Galfter or EBC and new shoes (just stock calipers/handles). Will the feel and ability of a complete front Brembo overhaul be that great on a Busa that I should spend double the money for street use? Also, are the Galfers worth the extra $$ over the EBC? Another $100 or so I guess.

Peas

BlueDevil
Tue Jul 19th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Brembo.... No Unless U got funds that U dont know what to do with. As far as replacing with EBC or Galf...... My thought is always take the opportunity when replacing something to get better than you had. Dont know much about the Galf but the EBC will rock...

Lurch
Wed Jul 20th, 2005, 06:21 AM
EBC's are worthless if you ask me. They warp far too easy. Look into the Ferodo/Braketech rotors they are the shizznit.

Lurch

*MV* #33
Wed Jul 20th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Well I have had Stock, Galfer wave rotors , and brembo on my race bike.
I have to say the brembos were very nice.. smooth as hell and never warped. The Wave rotors were nice as well but not any better than the brembos. Personally Ive ran stock all year and I dont see any reason to get away from stock rotors right now. With a brembo mastr cylinder and brake lines along side with a set of vesrah pads you will be set.

Mike

Samurai_busa
Wed Jul 20th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I pulled a stupid, was very torqued at a work situation, so I made it worse by rollin' with the rotor lock in place... Hence a bit of bendage in the rotors, so I have to replace whats bent and smoke more pot, so I don't get so po-d.

I saw this misfortune as an opportunity to upgrage stock performance and looks. Thanks for the advice guys. Seems like good info. Anymore info? Good sources for purchases? I looked over the vendor table on the site. Excellent job on this site I must say!

*MV* #33
Wed Jul 20th, 2005, 03:00 PM
I pulled a stupid, was very torqued at a work situation, so I made it worse by rollin' with the rotor lock in place... Hence a bit of bendage in the rotors, so I have to replace whats bent and smoke more pot, so I don't get so po-d.

I saw this misfortune as an opportunity to upgrage stock performance and looks. Thanks for the advice guys. Seems like good info. Anymore info? Good sources for purchases? I looked over the vendor table on the site. Excellent job on this site I must say!

Id try TK motorsports 720-904-9040
or
TAW Vehicle concepts
They are both local shops.