PDA

View Full Version : MRA Round 1......

Slo
Sat May 5th, 2012, 07:56 PM
CONGRATS to Bueller from CSC for taking 2nd!!!!! I am still super stoked about you placing and getting a trophy!!!!

And thanks to everyone that came out, there were quite a few of you....

Siobhan, Randall, and Jamie, without you guys help, I may not have been ready for any practice..... you guys/gal jumped in to help me and let me get in on the last practice session which I needed badly. Cannot express my gratitude!!!!

dirkterrell
Sat May 5th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Sounds like you had a pretty damn good ride yourself. :) :up:

Snowman
Sat May 5th, 2012, 08:07 PM
The dude took 6th starting from the second wave... I would say so.

CBR-Cowboy
Sat May 5th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Slo's race was amazing to watch, I'm not going to say he got beat by a girl, but a girl did win his race...

Sucks I don't know more of you, wasn't sure who all I was watching. but it was cool none the less.

CBR-Cowboy
Sat May 5th, 2012, 08:12 PM
yeah, starting at 36th ish and finishing 6th was pretty impressive.

Slo
Sat May 5th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Sounds like you had a pretty damn good ride yourself. :) :up:

Thanks.... but it did suck not seeing you out there with your bike also....

I had no clue where I was....severely crowded track + out of shape Asian.... = no good haha.

Slo's race was amazing to watch, I'm not going to say he got beat by a girl, but a girl did win his race...

Sucks I don't know more of you, wasn't sure who all I was watching. but it was cool none the less.

Yeah, quite a few CSC'ers made it out to this one.....definitely gotta get you out to a few bike nights. And thanks..... race was definitely a hard workout for me.

yeah, starting at 36th ish and finishing 6th was pretty impressive.

Well technically was more like 30th :puppy:

Ghost
Sat May 5th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Congrats to all the CSCers out there, hope you guys had fun knocking the off-season rust off. :)

thankgod
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Congrats to all the CSCers out there, hope you guys had fun knocking the off-season rust off. :)

It was awesome....the smells, the sounds, everyone having a great time....I'll be at the next race! MUCH RESPECT TO THE RACERS!:up::bow:

Sean
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Way to go, Jay! :up:

thankgod
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:11 PM

Missed your race J, kinda upset about that cause YOU were one of the main reasons I went out there! :puppy: Gratz on your race....30th to 6th....pretty rad!

thankgod
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:13 PM
To be honest I think I saw you racing, but I was more focused on the female leaving all the boys in the dust...:eyebrows:

spideyrdr
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Next time I am putting more lead in the burgers to "slo" you down further!

Congrats on the great finish and re-entry into racing! You don't still have your leathers on, do you? :)

asp_125
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:26 PM
That SLO guy, he not so slow!
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7248/7000982408_bb3e9e3f66_c.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7256/7000982472_4c088be4f4_c.jpg

thankgod
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:30 PM
ASP! Was that you on turn 4 during SS? Taking photos? Did you get a pic of the racer doing the superman??? Bless his heart, I had to check my tighty whiteys after that one....

Zach929rr
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Look at dat knee action son!

asp_125
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:37 PM
ASP! Was that you on turn 4 during SS? Taking photos? Did you get a pic of the racer doing the superman??? Bless his heart, I had to check my tighty whiteys after that one....

I got it on film! That was Aaron Fisk, the report is he's got a fractured tibia. I hope the other guy was ok too, he got clocked pretty good. I was at T1 during SS

madvlad
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:41 PM
That's way Slo son! Lol... Congrats guys!

thankgod
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I got it on film! That was Aaron Fisk, the report is he's got a fractured tibia. I hope the other guy was ok too, he got clocked pretty good.

Wow!!!! that was intense, no? but he held in there... we we're in the stands and he had everyone on the edge of their seats...hope he recovers quickly and that he's not in much pain....Nice shots of slo by the by....

Slo
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:42 PM

Thanks Sean....would be cool to see you out there, but I think you live pretty far now?

Missed your race J, kinda upset about that cause YOU were one of the main reasons I went out there! :puppy: Gratz on your race....30th to 6th....pretty rad!
To be honest I think I saw you racing, but I was more focused on the female leaving all the boys in the dust...:eyebrows:

Haha.... I didn't know who was in front or behind me. Was getting hard to tell if I was trying to chase down lapped traffic or people up ahead in the race.

Next time I am putting more lead in the burgers to "slo" you down further!

Congrats on the great finish and re-entry into racing! You don't still have your leathers on, do you? :)

Hahaha, the burger was aweomse and perfect timing! Hayden is also a cutie!! With my fat*ss, it's a struggle getting in and out of my leathers once it's hot out haha, yes I am lazy.

Man, I saw that..... leg all up in the air, wanted to shake the fella's hand for saving it.

That SLO guy, he not so slow!

Jeff, thanks for the posting that pic, would you mind me sending it to a couple sponsors?

WolFeYeZ
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:42 PM
That was an amazing day!

thankgod
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:45 PM
That was an amazing day!

Agreed....Brad you did great today brother! FUCK shit up!

CBRSue
Sat May 5th, 2012, 09:45 PM
30 to 6th!!! Wow, you're crazy fast, Slo! Congrats!!!

Jeff - Great pictures of the Slo Man!!!

big53lee
Sat May 5th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Mr. Slo! Wow. Very impessed, and inspired after today. Not only are you NOT slow! But ur a stand up guy. :bow::scatter:

Whenthe lights get situated hit me up. Would love to roll wit u and learn a few things, n grab a starbucks and some knowledge too.

Oh and MRA, watch out for team 5lo.

P.s. I'm going to be dreaming of your bikes distinct roar!

big53lee
Sat May 5th, 2012, 10:48 PM

Impresive to see a purdy girl fuck shit up!

I hear that, missed a lot of you guys today. Unless I met u in slo's spot.

Nice riding out with you cbrcowboy.

Cornfed
Sat May 5th, 2012, 11:05 PM
That was an amazing day!

U do SS?

Slo
Sat May 5th, 2012, 11:43 PM
I got it on film! That was Aaron Fisk, the report is he's got a fractured tibia. I hope the other guy was ok too, he got clocked pretty good. I was at T1 during SS

Thankgod was referring to superstreet....there was a guy that had a near highside in turn 3 I believe. All I saw in the distance was a foot/leg up in the air...... Somehow he saved it though.

Mr. Slo! Wow. Very impessed, and inspired after today. Not only are you NOT slow! But ur a stand up guy. :bow::scatter:

Whenthe lights get situated hit me up. Would love to roll wit u and learn a few things, n grab a starbucks and some knowledge too.

Oh and MRA, watch out for team 5lo.

P.s. I'm going to be dreaming of your bikes distinct roar!

I definitely will hit you up when I get the other bodywork situated. Damn, wish the friggin video worked.

Slo
Sat May 5th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Anyone really good with .mov files that are undf/corrupt? My race is 1.7gb and friggin corrupt, I will never have video like that again.

tecknojoe
Sun May 6th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Slo u looked damn good out there. But get a new exhaust, my ears hate you :lol:

i was in t1 yesterday

Bueller
Sun May 6th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Good job on your first race back! That'll move you up to a much better starting position and now you should be able to do some real damage.

I was talking with the SS guy that tried to high side in T3 he scared the crap out of himself but was otherwise ok. The crash in T1 that Jeff is talking about was at the end of LW/MW Endurance. Arron Fisk and Jeff Winters went down hard and the race was red flagged. Best wishes for both riders.
Joe if you were in 1, I was coming up rhe straight when you threw the yellow, I looked over through 1 and saw the dust cloud and then saw you quickly throw the red. Thanks for your efforts out there! Along with all the other corner workers.
Superstreet guy did a great job once again and provided some good entertainment.
special congrats to "Powers" from here for taking my old ninja250 and tearing it up! It was really cool to see and hear her out there again. :)

i was in t1 yesterday

CaneZach
Sun May 6th, 2012, 07:40 AM
The crash in T1 that Jeff is talking about was at the end of LW/MW Endurance. Arron Fisk and Jeff Winters went down hard and the race was red flagged. Best wishes for both riders.
Joe if you were in 1, I was coming up rhe straight when you threw the yellow, I looked over through 1 and saw the dust cloud and then saw you quickly throw the red. Thanks for your efforts out there! Along with all the other corner workers.

Yup! I was on the front straight, about to enter T1 when the flags went from yellow to red. I came around and all I saw was dirt, debris, and two bikes. I recognized Winters' bike from seeing him earlier, but I didn't know it was Fisk who had crashed until I came off the track.

Slo
Sun May 6th, 2012, 08:12 AM

i was in t1 yesterday

Joe, exhaust was cheap, easy replacement for when I have a crash LOL. I practiced one session without ear plugs, and for the race, I was jamming the ear plugs as snug as they would get.

But hey Joe....that's awesome what you did yesterday. The entire staff/volunteering for cornerworking.....and the photographers, man you all take a beating out there!!!! When we ride around in the cool down lap, you guys/gals are clapping and giving us the thumbs up, this should be reversed, we should be giving you all a thumbs up!!

Arron Fisk and Jeff Winters went down hard and the race was red flagged. Best wishes for both riders.

+1

Stank Juic3
Sun May 6th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Good result SLO

Ghosty
Sun May 6th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Congrats Jay, and any other CSC'ers who raced!

Ghost
Sun May 6th, 2012, 12:14 PM
It was awesome....the smells, the sounds, everyone having a great time....I'll be at the next race! MUCH RESPECT TO THE RACERS!:up::bow:

heh, first time to the track? Once the addiction sets in, you'll never be able to shake it.

Sio? Or someone else?

That was an amazing day!

Agreed....Brad you did great today brother! FUCK shit up!

U do SS?

^What he said, did either of you (Wolf or Corn) do SS this time?

WolFeYeZ
Sun May 6th, 2012, 12:37 PM
^What he said, did either of you (Wolf or Corn) do SS this time?

Yea, best $100 I have ever spent :multi: Thanks MRA for an amazing day and Rybo for being an awesome instructor.

Ghost
Sun May 6th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Yea, best $100 I have ever spent :multi: Thanks MRA for an amazing day and Rybo for being an awesome instructor.

Cool man, glad you did it!

And Rybo is awesome...just don't tell him that. :p

Thrill Hill
Sun May 6th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Yesterday was my first time out to HPR. Wow, what a cool experience! It was awesome just walking around the tents and paddock meeting the racers and checking out the race bikes. Even though I only got to watch the last two races I'm hooked! Now it's time to sell EVERYTHING on EBay and buy a track bike! Mad props to everyone involved! Brad, great job in the SS race!

tecknojoe
Sun May 6th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Good job on your first race back! That'll move you up to a much better starting position and now you should be able to do some real damage.

I was talking with the SS guy that tried to high side in T3 he scared the crap out of himself but was otherwise ok. The crash in T1 that Jeff is talking about was at the end of LW/MW Endurance. Arron Fisk and Jeff Winters went down hard and the race was red flagged. Best wishes for both riders.
Superstreet guy did a great job once again and provided some good entertainment.
special congrats to "Powers" from here for taking my old ninja250 and tearing it up! It was really cool to see and hear her out there again. :)

Phew just got back from day 2, exhausted.

That incident in turn 1 was tough for sure. Before he stopped sliding I knew it was going to be on the track and waved debris, then moved to waving yellow, then sprinted back to get the red. #1 goal was to hopefully get everyone's attention with the flags so they can avoid, but the other rider must have fixated :(
Other than a couple small hiccups it was a relatively quiet weekend.

Maybe I'll do superstreet on the R6 next round at HPR since I didn't manage to get shit together to get my license this year. Richard let me know if you're doing it, I'll chase ur ass down

Rybo I hope ur doin good dude

Titus
Sun May 6th, 2012, 06:21 PM

Is this Lance? If so, my girlfriend & I were on the bleachers near the start/finish, watching with your wife & girls. They were so excited to see you out there.

Cornfed
Sun May 6th, 2012, 06:22 PM
What he said, did either of you (Wolf or Corn) do SS this time?

Good on you Wolfeyes. I didnt make this round. I planned on hitting the track tomorrow, now cancelled due to weather, and trying to get up to speed before Super Street in June.

Ghost
Sun May 6th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Rybo I hope ur doin good dude

Did Rybo go down? If so, that sucks and I hope Scott's OK.

I didnt make this round. I planned on hitting the track tomorrow, now cancelled due to weather, and trying to get up to speed before Super Street in June.

Gotcha. I knew you were itching to get out there for SS, didn't know if you made this round or not. Well, GL for June--assuming you stop making it rain every time you sign up for something. :p

tecknojoe
Sun May 6th, 2012, 06:42 PM
yea in turn 2 today

Cornfed
Sun May 6th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Gotcha. I knew you were itching to get out there for SS, didn't know if you made this round or not. Well, GL for June--assuming you stop making it rain every time you sign up for something. :p

Ri god damn diculous! :banghead:

Zach929rr
Sun May 6th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Good on you Wolfeyes. I didnt make this round. I planned on hitting the track tomorrow, now cancelled due to weather, and trying to get up to speed before Super Street in June.

You need to get your ass off the seat and upper body out towards the mirror broheim.

Hope you do well in the next SS.

WolFeYeZ
Sun May 6th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Is this Lance? If so, my girlfriend & I were on the bleachers near the start/finish, watching with your wife & girls. They were so excited to see you out there.

Nope, Im Brad :hibye: Young kid, long hair, blue r6 :P

I think round 2 is the 19th of May :D

Snowman
Sun May 6th, 2012, 07:04 PM
MRA board members where dropping like flies, with both Aaron and Rybo being sent to the hospital in two separate incidents.

On Saturday Aaron was running in Middleweight Endurance passing Siobhan on the outside of turn 1 when Jeff Winter lost grip in front of them leaving Aaron no where to go. Aaron t-boned Jeff and went airborne. Broke his tibia on the way down but is in good condition otherwise.

Rybo was qualifying for Race of the Rockies on Sunday when he over shot turn 2. Looked like he let go after running off the pavement but the bike flipped. He ended up with a broken collar bone and some cracked ribs. He was fine thou.

Titus
Sun May 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Nope, Im Brad :hibye: Young kid, long hair, blue r6 :P

Gotcha, there were two blue R6's out there, yours must've been the one with the taped up mirrors.

Slo
Sun May 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM

The HPR weekend in June will not have SupseStreet due to the 4 hour endurance race.

madvlad
Sun May 6th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Glad to hear the injuries weren't extreme... wish you fellas a quick recovery

Cornfed
Sun May 6th, 2012, 08:11 PM
The HPR weekend in June will not have SupseStreet due to the 4 hour endurance race.

Dafuq! :scream2:

Bueller
Sun May 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Just go do PPIR :idea:

Matrix
Sun May 6th, 2012, 08:49 PM
MRA board members where dropping like flies, with both Aaron and Rybo being sent to the hospital in two separate incidents.

On Saturday Aaron was running in Middleweight Endurance passing Siobhan on the outside of turn 1 when Jeff Winter lost grip in front of them leaving Aaron no where to go. Aaron t-boned Jeff and went airborne. Broke his tibia on the way down but is in good condition otherwise.

Rybo was qualifying for Race of the Rockies on Sunday when he over shot turn 2. Looked like he let go after running off the pavement but the bike flipped. He ended up with a broken collar bone and some cracked ribs. He was fine thou.

Glad to hear that both guys are ok. Didn't see Rybo's but Aaron's happened right in front of me. Scared the crap out of me seeing him fly through the air like that.

asp_125
Sun May 6th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Hope Rybo recovers fully!

rybo
Sun May 6th, 2012, 09:21 PM
hi all, and thanks for the support.

I broke rule #1 today after overshooting T2 - I remember most of it now, and remember seeing the wall approaching fast and deciding to fall down instead of hitting it.

I didn't escape injury - I have a broken collarbone, a broken rib and a fracture in C7. I've been released from the hospital and am resting at home, as comfortable as I can be.

Lots of love and thanks to:

Sarah - the best wife EVER
The corner crew and safety folks with the MRA
Western Ambulance, especially Steve who took great care of me
Brian at Speedin motorsports, one of my sponsors, who helped clean up the pits and keep things organized
rforsythe, cdbouncer, void for packing up all my crap and driving it to the house
Dave Rose (irdave) for all the help through the weekend and taking care of the bike post crash and I'm sure countless other people who pitched in in one way or another.
Erin S. for bringing me a chocolate shake at the house after I got home
Shoei Helmets- the inside of this thing is broken in several places and my head has no more damage than I started with.
Ayden Lee Racing Leathers - everything worked the way it was supposed to. The armor and suit stayed in place so well that you can see the dots from the hole in the liner in the friction burns on my skin.

The healing process is going to take a while, but I'm as comfortable as I can be and have great support up here in Milliken.

-scott

thankgod
Sun May 6th, 2012, 09:30 PM

I broke rule #1 today after overshooting T2 - I remember most of it now, and remember seeing the wall approaching fast and deciding to fall down instead of hitting it.

I didn't escape injury - I have a broken collarbone, a broken rib and a fracture in C7. I've been released from the hospital and am resting at home, as comfortable as I can be.

Lots of love and thanks to:

Sarah - the best wife EVER
The corner crew and safety folks with the MRA
Western Ambulance, especially Steve who took great care of me
Brian at Speedin motorsports, one of my sponsors, who helped clean up the pits and keep things organized
rforsythe, cdbouncer, void for packing up all my crap and driving it to the house
Dave Rose (irdave) for all the help through the weekend and taking care of the bike post crash and I'm sure countless other people who pitched in in one way or another.
Erin S. for bringing me a chocolate shake at the house after I got home
Shoei Helmets- the inside of this thing is broken in several places and my head has no more damage than I started with.
Ayden Lee Racing Leathers - everything worked the way it was supposed to. The armor and suit stayed in place so well that you can see the dots from the hole in the liner in the friction burns on my skin.

The healing process is going to take a while, but I'm as comfortable as I can be and have great support up here in Milliken.

-scott

GET WELL SOON! Both to you and Aaron! Was their another rider that hurt himself? I think I read it earlier, you guys need to rest up. BEST OF LUCK!

asp_125
Sun May 6th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Still working on the pictures (1000+) - will post up links during the week.
http://speedshots.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v43/p93376354-3.jpg

madvlad
Sun May 6th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Still working on the pictures (1000+) - will post up links during the week.
http://speedshots.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v43/p93376354-3.jpg

Looks stressful lol

asp_125
Sun May 6th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Looks stressful lol

... till he had to throw the yellow and the red flags.

WolFeYeZ
Sun May 6th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Get well soon Rybo! I hope to see you out there asap.

FZRguy
Mon May 7th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Hope you guys heal up and get back to racing soon. Sounds like a good race otherwise. I'll have to get out there for some spectating next round.

tecknojoe
Mon May 7th, 2012, 06:48 AM
... till he had to throw the yellow and the red flags.

:lol: Gotta stay on our feet all day. The second my turn is clear i'm always straight on my ass. BTW, were you the guy in the green camo pants? I didn't know that was you

Glad you're alright Rybo. It's always a tough call when you see the wall coming, but you made the right choice by tucking it

Also I saw you out there WolfEyez. You had some great lines. Looked really clean

Bueller
Mon May 7th, 2012, 07:05 AM
It is actually a very tough way to spend a day, let alone two in a row, but it is pretty cool to be that close to the racing especially the guys that really know how to get around the track. I know we always say thanks to you guys and gals but be assured our appreciation is genuine and I gotta say I actually get pretty choked up emotional at the end of our races when you guys cheer us on and I try to return the gesture.

Anyone wanting to get involved in racing or just want an awesome seat to watch (and get paid a little to do so) should give cornerworking a try, it is an adventure for sure and for track riders it can be very educational.

mastap07
Mon May 7th, 2012, 07:37 AM
congrats CSC'ers! speedy recovery to those who didnt keep the shinny side up :up:

dirkterrell
Mon May 7th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Corner workers rock.

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/bikes/HPR2011jun11/ZF-8926-40686-1-003b.jpg

Hope everybody heals up ok and gets back out there.

Nick_Ninja
Mon May 7th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Gravity 2 -- MRA 0 Get better youz guyz! :D

Slo
Mon May 7th, 2012, 09:42 AM
+1 on the cornerworkers.... I couldn't thank you guys/gals enough for doing what you do. Riding out there is tough, but damn, standing out there all day....sometimes 2 days in a row. I have a ton of respect for all of you.

Just like what bueller said, theres some emotion at the end of a race when all the corner workers are waving/clapping and giving you a thumbs up..... and you know they are there possibly to save your life.

Peanut_EOD
Mon May 7th, 2012, 10:02 AM
I had a great time this weekend. I can't wait until the next round.

Bueller
Mon May 7th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I had a great time this weekend. I can't wait until the next round.
That short config made the 250's great race(s) You will have a lot of fun @ PPIR

powers
Mon May 7th, 2012, 11:57 AM

Thanks! Congrats on your 2nd place!

It was a great 1st race day experience for me. Thanks to to all the MRA staff and racers that helped out and made everything go smooth and safe. I guess we were one of the few SS races that didn't have anyone go down?

I am looking forward to PPIR on the 19th, see you guys out there.

And if anyone is still on the fence about doing SS, stop thinking and go do it! I was on a 250 with people shooting by my on the straights, but it was still a kick!

Peanut_EOD
Mon May 7th, 2012, 01:13 PM
That short config made the 250's great race(s) You will have a lot of fun @ PPIR
I'm looking forward to it!

jbnwc
Mon May 7th, 2012, 05:33 PM
It was a fun day. Here's some onboard from the SuperStreet race. We had a heck of a battle for what I think ended up being 3rd. John had a huge high side in turn 11 right in front of my in lap two(left a huge blackie). I don't think I was close enough to catch the GSXR highside in turn 3. I was having trouble with the way my brake lever the first few laps, but sorted that out after blowing turn 4 twice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCsyuuFbV-E&list=UUqUE3dV6YbVNTiokS1cEN_A&index=1&feature=plcp

Ghost
Mon May 7th, 2012, 06:19 PM

-scott

Sorry you went down man, but very glad you're as Ok as you are.

Rest up, heal up, we'll see you out there again in no time. ;)

Young Luke
Tue May 8th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Well technically was more like 30th :puppy:

Darn you and your big motor :)

Nice job catching up! I didn't know you started that far back. It was fun. You can bet I will be expecting that move next time though :)

Not much stings worse than losing position with the checkered flag in sight... except flying off 9A at 95 Mph.

See you at Pike's right?

Slo
Tue May 8th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Darn you and your big motor :)

Nice job catching up! I didn't know you started that far back. It was fun. You can bet I will be expecting that move next time though :)

Not much stings worse than losing position with the checkered flag in sight... except flying off 9A at 95 Mph.

See you at Pike's right?

Thanks Luke, I was feeling pretty down all morning. My goal was to earn my expert plate with a top 10 season finish. However when I saw that I was starting 2nd grid, it pretty much was crumbling my hopes haha.

I am not so confident about PPIR, never been there before. Will be trying to get "some" seat time on that Friday before the race though. But in the end, I still won't be feeling comfortable there during the race.

Hell, I still don't feel comfortable at HPR after being there twice after superstreet.

Slo learner here.