PDA

View Full Version : yet another thread about going to fast and doing something wrong

burnn88
Mon May 7th, 2012, 07:47 AM
so was riding solo up in the Mtns saturday and got pulled over for doing 83 in 50 :down:.. im not going to say i wasnt doing it i was speeding totally admit it... just wanting to know if anyone knows what pricing is going to be for something like that? im going to show up on my court date and see if they will maybe knock it down a bit..

anyone have any input at what ill be looking at?

i have a pretty good driving record.. nothing crazy.

burnn88
Mon May 7th, 2012, 07:49 AM
oh and i just moved here from Ks not too long ago and when i switched my license over they didnt xfer the motorcycle endorsement... i plan on going to get it right away... any input on that also?

...and yes i did get towed and impounded :x

Jmetz
Mon May 7th, 2012, 09:05 AM
The impound fee is gonna be around $250 and the fine I would say around $300 if you had your endorsement, I'm sure it's going to be more without it. The mountain cops are not fucking around this year. I'll probably be doing a lot of solo rides because I'll be keeping close to the speed limit.

WolFeYeZ
Mon May 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM
The impound fee is gonna be around $250 and the fine I would say around $300 if you had your endorsement, I'm sure it's going to be more without it. The mountain cops are not fucking around this year. I'll probably be doing a lot of solo rides because I'll be keeping close to the speed limit.

I seem to think the opposite of that. I always get pulled over when solo (4x) but Ive never been pulled over in a group except for that Luna bullshit a year ago.

Jmetz
Mon May 7th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I seem to think the opposite of that. I always get pulled over when solo (4x) but Ive never been pulled over in a group except for that Luna bullshit a year ago.

Most groups ride faster, I can't afford to push my luck at this time. :)

longrider
Mon May 7th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I would think if you get the endorsement and show you had it in Kansas they will probably drop that one. However on the speeding the best you can hope for is 69 in a 50 and it will still cost you.

I would also recommend a good attorney: Molly Jansen (http://jansenlegal.com/index.php)

burnn88
Mon May 7th, 2012, 10:22 AM
well im not too worried about the ticket... I realize it is gonna cost me and that sucks, but i did the crime... i already got it out of jail.. cost me 185 bucks...

im just trying to budget for what the fines are going to be ballpark... i dont go to court for it till july so i have some time...

TFOGGuys
Mon May 7th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Depends on your driving record and the jurisdiction. I just recently had a 75 in a 55 automatically reduced to 2 pt "Defective Vehicle" for the low, low price of $165. My record is not stellar. YMMV

mdub
Mon May 7th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I just recently had a 75 in a 55 automatically reduced to 2 pt "Defective Vehicle" for the low, low price of $165.

mine was similar. only diff was about 10 bucks..

TFOGGuys
Mon May 7th, 2012, 10:31 AM
mine was similar. only diff was about 10 bucks..

Town of Lakeside? Apparently, they have jurisdiction along about 80 feet of eastbound I-70....despite having only 8 actual residents living in the town.

JonnyD
Mon May 7th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I recently picked up an 83 in a 65 for that 20' of 470 that Morrison owns. They must be getting low on funds as there was no automatic deduction/fine... I'll be going to court for that one. My record is less than stellar, but I've never not received a smaller fine/points.

CBR-Cowboy
Mon May 7th, 2012, 11:04 AM
did they tell you why you didn't get your endorsement, or did they just over look it? i had my DL suspended here when i was 17 but moved out of state and didn't care, came back 20 years later and had to take both tests for DL, but they just transferred my M for AZ.

vort3xr6
Mon May 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM
These threads make me want to buy a harley.

grim
Mon May 7th, 2012, 11:34 AM
These threads make me want to buy a scooter.

Fixed

Sarge
Mon May 7th, 2012, 11:48 AM
If it's your first offense in at least 12 months you can take it all the way to court and get ask for a deferment. Keep in mind that your summons date on the ticket is actually just a trip to see the clerk so they can take your monies and offer you the same point deduction you'll get in the mail, or you can plead not guilt and go see a judge at a later date.

I was unaware of how Colorado worked traffic issues when I got my first ticket in almost five years, doing 40 in a 30, on a road that jumps all the way up to 55 less than a quarter mile away... I literally pulled out of the parking lot I got pulled over in and there was a 40 MPH sign on the corner, but whatever. Anyway, thought I was going to Court like they do in Cali and Nevada, only to see a clerk and pay the fine. Then, less than 2 months later got a 19 over in the cage, took it all the way to court only to find that I was in eligible because of the previous ticket I didn't ask for the deferment on...

Long story short, the cop made a huge error on the ticket (wrote that I was doing 60 in a 79) the first thing out of the judges mouth was about this, he asked the officer who said I wasn't eligible for a deferment, and then just dismissed the ticket, so I guess it all worked out in the end.

With your speed the Judge might slam down the deferment though, but it's definitely worth trying for, if for no other reason than it delays payment by up to six months or more sometimes.

burnn88
Mon May 7th, 2012, 02:02 PM
awesome.. thanks for the info fellas...

i know that when i went to pick up my bike there was a matte black 04-05 CBR1000rr w redbull stickers there at the same spot they said they towed the same day.. anyone here?

burnn88
Mon May 7th, 2012, 02:04 PM
it was at a tow place in lyons btw

mdub
Mon May 7th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Town of Lakeside?

no.

matte black 04-05 CBR1000rr w redbull stickers

:gay:

Aracheon
Mon May 7th, 2012, 02:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnplh7gnlU

Ghost
Mon May 7th, 2012, 02:50 PM
These threads make me want to buy a scooter.

Fixed

Come join the SR50R madness...