PDA

View Full Version : Video from MRA Round 1-Alternate configuration

Bueller
Mon May 7th, 2012, 11:17 AM
We ran an alternate configuration this weekend which made 9a & b a lot faster. Thought some might be interested in seeing it.
The first one I have is my second practice Sunday morning, the temps were chilly and this is expert slow with the 250's qualifying. I am getting cockblocked by a 600 for a few laps after my warm ups, but it is only practice so no need to push things. It is tough when they have 30 hp on you but it is actually great passing practice.

http://youtu.be/Czwb4c5Jn8Y

And the new curbing takes a bit to get used to, if you hit it you will be airborne :lol:

madvlad
Mon May 7th, 2012, 11:39 AM
That looks way fun man, just out of curiosity though, at around 6:40 in the video he raises his hand as if he is going to signal right, is that the sign so that you can pass him or something?

asp_125
Mon May 7th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Can't see it at work.. guessing he's giving the signal to pit.

mastap07
Mon May 7th, 2012, 11:50 AM
just a stab but maybe hes signaling to exit the track

Bueller
Mon May 7th, 2012, 12:00 PM
That is the signal to indicate you are going off pace, mostly use to indicate you intend to exit the track. He threw it a bit early for that, it should have been shown at the point where I actually passed him, but it can be used in the case of a red flag or a mechanical problem. Anytime you drop off the pace to let the people behind you know so you don't come together in a bad way.

Kitten
Mon May 7th, 2012, 12:12 PM
He is signaling to exit the track.

I am happy to not see myself in the video as it means I was keeping an ok pace for a 250. :) Nice riding this weekend!

Bueller
Mon May 7th, 2012, 12:22 PM
He is signaling to exit the track.

I am happy to not see myself in the video as it means I was keeping an ok pace for a 250. :) Nice riding this weekend!
You can see when I caught Kionka he is maintaining corner speed through 1 and 2 and I could of stuffed him in 3 but there is no call for that, the 250's were all doing pretty damn good on that shorter config.
I am working on endurance vid now, IIRC I do catch some of you guys in that one before the red flag.
I didn't have my GoPro mounted for my paint swap with Hammer unfortunately, that was exciting :lol:

Kitten
Mon May 7th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Can't wait to see it.

Peanut_EOD
Mon May 7th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I saw me!

Bueller
Mon May 7th, 2012, 12:55 PM
The greenie at the end? Sorry I didn't end up running into you this weekend, not literally . :)

Zach929rr
Mon May 7th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Bottom of the bob must be interesting on the alternate.

Bueller
Mon May 7th, 2012, 12:58 PM
That is not too bad to get used to but the speed you can carry through it has to be figured out and the new turn 4 has a learning curve.

asp_125
Mon May 7th, 2012, 01:01 PM
You need a louder exhaust! :D

madvlad
Mon May 7th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks for clarifying that, so can you throw the signal at any given point if you plan to exit the track (I assume in a mechanical malfunction you'd wave out anywhere as it happens) or can you only throw the signal getting close to the pit exit?... sorry about all the meganoob questions but want to make sure I don't mess something this dumb up when I do track days.

Peanut_EOD
Mon May 7th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Yep. Turn 2-3 on the last lap I believe.

Bueller
Mon May 7th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks for clarifying that, so can you throw the signal at any given point if you plan to exit the track (I assume in a mechanical malfunction you'd wave out anywhere as it happens) or can you only throw the signal getting close to the pit exit?... sorry about all the meganoob questions but want to make sure I don't mess something this dumb up when I do track days.
It's easier to explain with the track map which they do at every riders meeting (morning and afternoon). And your first time it is wise to go out with someone experienced to show you such things and to show you some basic lines.

Bueller
Mon May 7th, 2012, 01:22 PM
You need a louder exhaust! :D
:lol: I could just pull my can for you. Slo's exhaust is the new obnoxious!

big53lee
Mon May 7th, 2012, 02:49 PM
:lol: I could just pull my can for you. Slo's exhaust is the new obnoxious!

Obnoxious? Wtf.....slo's bike was :music: tomy ears! I practiclly got a boner everytime his bike roared by

Ghost
Mon May 7th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Can't see the vid, is there a track map up showing the alt config?

TinkerinWstuff
Mon May 7th, 2012, 03:01 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/deep-thoughts-21.jpg

asp_125
Mon May 7th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Can't see the vid, is there a track map up showing the alt config?

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/images/track-map-large4.gif

They took out T4 thru T8 and turned right at T4S

Ghost
Mon May 7th, 2012, 06:13 PM
http://www.highplainsraceway.com/images/track-map-large4.gif

They took out T4 thru T8 and turned right at T4S

Interesting, thanks for the info & link.